• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Local Seattle Sports Radio

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In looking at it again, NE had 9 guys up on the line of scrimmage and Seattle only had 7 to match up. I can see where they would pass with those numbers. But, I think I would have gone to a corner fade. If it wasn't there RW could have thrown it into row 50.

There's part of the problem right there. I didn't understand the formation before the play was ran, and I still don't. Why don't you at least bring in your converted DT fullback in that scenario? Seems like you'd try to sell the run a bit more if you were indeed going to pass.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a Seattle fan calling in to local radio show today. I'm like everyone else questioning not running Lynch but if you pass...
why no play action?
why didn't Wilson roll out?

worst pass play ever for the situation if that situation tells you to pass... and that's regardless of the outstanding defensive play made by the DB. BAD pass play selection

I think rolling Russell Wilson out with a run/pass option would have worked; either that or the zone read at that point.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's part of the problem right there. I didn't understand the formation before the play was ran, and I still don't. Why don't you at least bring in your converted DT fullback in that scenario? Seems like you'd try to sell the run a bit more if you were indeed going to pass.

Definitely, the play called for that situation was absolutely terrible. I think a roll out with a run/pass option would have been a lot better.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, the play called for that situation was absolutely terrible. I think a roll out with a run/pass option would have been a lot better.

Definitely. At least get some misdirection going. One thing I don't think is getting enough attention from that play is Browner not letting Kearse set his pick properly. That's part of what allowed the other DB to jump the route.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. At least get some misdirection going. One thing I don't think is getting enough attention from that play is Browner not letting Kearse set his pick properly. That's part of what allowed the other DB to jump the route.

Definitely so. I think it may have been Collinsworth that may have pointed that out as well. I think he said that he thought Kearse probably should have sold out on the play better than he did. If he would have at least altered Butlers path to the ball just a little more, it would have never been a pick.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely so. I think it may have been Collinsworth that may have pointed that out as well. I think he said that he thought Kearse probably should have sold out on the play better than he did. If he would have at least altered Butlers path to the ball just a little more, it would have never been a pick.

Oh, well I didn't hear him say that because I was too busy beating my dog in the other room at that point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched that final play at least 20 times on my DVR with and without sound.

Wilson was looking for one guy and one guy only. That was the first mistake.
Wilson tried to drill the ball to the receiver who was in traffic. He should have heaved it. Mistake two.
If Wilson had looked left, he could have thrown an easy pass to Lynch who would have been 1 on 1 with Logan Ryan................................TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!

Carroll has already said he worked that exact play during practice. He also said he told Bevell to make the call for that play. Wilson was looking for one guy and one guy only because that was the play.

If you watch that play and pick up Butler, he never appears to be in position to make that play until the last milli-second and he did.

Seriously, Wilson has had miracle after miracle play this year. Without half of them, the Seahawks never get to Glendale. The Kearse catch was a miracle catch and it was Butler who almost knocked it away..........Maybe it was Butler's turn for a miracle play.......

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched that final play at least 20 times on my DVR with and without sound.

Wilson was looking for one guy and one guy only. That was the first mistake.
Wilson tried to drill the ball to the receiver who was in traffic. He should have heaved it. Mistake two.
If Wilson had looked left, he could have thrown an easy pass to Lynch who would have been 1 on 1 with Logan Ryan................................TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!

Carroll has already said he worked that exact play during practice. He also said he told Bevell to make the call for that play. Wilson was looking for one guy and one guy only because that was the play.

If you watch that play and pick up Butler, he never appears to be in position to make that play until the last milli-second and he did.

Seriously, Wilson has had miracle after miracle play this year. Without half of them, the Seahawks never get to Glendale. The Kearse catch was a miracle catch and it was Butler who almost knocked it away..........Maybe it was Butler's turn for a miracle play.......

Maybe so. That was a once in a lifetime play on the biggest stage.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE CB was beat on the play...poor ball placement by Wilson...all Wilson had to do was hit Lockette in the numbers and not lead him so much...do that and one of two things happen.

Ball is either caught or a PI gets called.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......the gamble did NOT payoff ......nuff ' said,..........we're onto a =============parade...!