• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Local Seattle Sports Radio

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to enjoy listening to the local radio shows for once today. They want Darrel Bevil's head on a platter this morning.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to enjoy listening to the local radio shows for once today. They want Darrel Bevil's head on a platter this morning.

Bevell may be an idiot for drafting up that play (if he did) but Carroll is an idiot as well for allowing it. The HC at any time can say, "No, we're going to do this." and that's the final say. So if everyone is calling Bevell an idiot, then you need to call Carroll one too.

It's one of those plays where if it works Carroll's a genius after saying, "They were going to stack up against Lynch, we're going to play to the weakness, the pass." Or he's a complete idiot for not doing the captain obvious run.

Lynch prob. puts that in 9 times out of 10, but remember when Bettis fumbled at the 1 (or 2 can't remember) after everyone was saying it was a LOCK for the TD...

Just sayin.... it's not over until it's over. Pats stacking the box would def. be going for the strip and it's not like Lynch has never fumbled before.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell may be an idiot for drafting up that play (if he did) but Carroll is an idiot as well for allowing it. The HC at any time can say, "No, we're going to do this." and that's the final say. So if everyone is calling Bevell an idiot, then you need to call Carroll one too.

It's one of those plays where if it works Carroll's a genius after saying, "They were going to stack up against Lynch, we're going to play to the weakness, the pass." Or he's a complete idiot for not doing the captain obvious run.

Lynch prob. puts that in 9 times out of 10, but remember when Bettis fumbled at the 1 (or 2 can't remember) after everyone was saying it was a LOCK for the TD...

Just sayin.... it's not over until it's over. Pats stacking the box would def. be going for the strip and it's not like Lynch has never fumbled before.

Personally, if I'm the coach, I'm giving it to Beast Mode 3 times and figuring that if we can't get 1 yard in 3 tries, we don't deserve the win.

I understand going to the pass, but if you're going to pass it should be a fade to the corner of the end zone or something to the outside so Wilson has a chance to throw it away or run if no one is open. To throw a timing pattern in the middle of a shortened field where it can easily be tipped was the wrong call.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if I'm the coach, I'm giving it to Beast Mode 3 times and figuring that if we can't get 1 yard in 3 tries, we don't deserve the win.

I understand going to the pass, but if you're going to pass it should be a fade to the corner of the end zone or something to the outside so Wilson has a chance to throw it away or run if no one is open. To throw a timing pattern in the middle of a shortened field where it can easily be tipped was the wrong call.

I agree, I'm just talking the pass in general. The pass IMO was a bad call, but the actual pass selection was something an 8 year old would do on Madden. You can't even select that on Madden I don't believe, they are all post/fade routes LOL.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::omg:

Lynch prob. puts that in 9 times out of 10, but remember when Bettis fumbled at the 1 (or 2 can't remember) after everyone was saying it was a LOCK for the TD... .

Lynch was run five times this year in that situation says ESPN stats wonk. He only scored once.

Facts:
26 seconds left, 2nd down, one time out left.
No int's were thrown from the one this year until last night.
Lynch was run in this situation five times this year: he only got in the EZ once.
If you run and miss, then you virtually HAVE TO pass on 3rd, and the D will know it

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In no way was there enough time for 3 run plays with only 1 TO left.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying that you think there was time to run three more RUN plays after 1st down didn't work?
Or are you saying that from 1st down, you'd run three times and not even worry about running s fourth down since there wouldn't be time?

Both are quite idiotic. I just want to know which because one is more than the other.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::omg:

Lynch was run five times this year in that situation says ESPN stats wonk. He only scored once.

Facts:
26 seconds left, 2nd down, one time out left.
No int's were thrown from the one this year until last night.
Lynch was run in this situation five times this year: he only got in the EZ once.
If you run and miss, then you virtually HAVE TO pass on 3rd, and the D will know it

They had 2 timeouts before they burned one trying to get the play together and not let the play clock run out. They had plenty of time to give the ball to Lynch 3 times, I'm confident Lynch could pick up one yard in three tries...

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to throw, don't throw into the middle of a stacked box.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way was there enough time for 3 run plays with only 1 TO left.

Well, they let the play clock run to almost 0 before they ran that play. They also called one of their time outs. If they would have played with urgency and not called a time out, they would've had plenty of time to run 3 running plays. They decided to run the clock out as low as it can go, then the pass play would stop it if the result was an incomplete pass. I think they should've just run it three times instead of trying to run as much clock as they can.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should have kicked a field goal, then lined up for an onside kick and faked it

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a Seattle fan calling in to local radio show today. I'm like everyone else questioning not running Lynch but if you pass...
why no play action?
why didn't Wilson roll out?

worst pass play ever for the situation if that situation tells you to pass... and that's regardless of the outstanding defensive play made by the DB. BAD pass play selection

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clock was at 26 seconds. They could have run it once and probably twice. With Marshawn Lynch, and the general mood of both teams at that point, I have little doubt two run plays would have gotten that ball over the goal line.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clock was at 26 seconds. They could have run it once and probably twice. With Marshawn Lynch, and the general mood of both teams at that point, I have little doubt two run plays would have gotten that ball over the goal line.

couldn't agree more but the selected pass play for that situation was junior high thinking

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In looking at it again, NE had 9 guys up on the line of scrimmage and Seattle only had 7 to match up. I can see where they would pass with those numbers. But, I think I would have gone to a corner fade. If it wasn't there RW could have thrown it into row 50.