• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Local Golf Course

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone of you are groundskeepers at a golf course I am sorry!

My parents local course hasn't been able to water it for the past 2 weeks since there is a water ban in place. Course is a mess. Fairways are hard at mt.rushmore and the tee boxes are more like sand boxes than tee boxes.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my area we have varying degrees of water bans so depending on where you play the conditions could range from very good to really arid.

The waters bans down near the Massholio border (present company excluded) have been in effect for almost a month so I imagine it's getting a little bony down there. We don't technically have a water ban up here in the Manch-Angeles area so it's pretty much much an issue of how well each individual course is maintained.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my area we have varying degrees of water bans so depending on where you play the conditions could range from very good to really arid.

The waters bans down near the Massholio border (present company excluded) have been in effect for almost a month so I imagine it's getting a little bony down there. We don't technically have a water ban up here in the Manch-Angeles area so it's pretty much much an issue of how well each individual course is maintained.

This is true but in their town it has been completely banned

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone of you are groundskeepers at a golf course I am sorry!

My parents local course hasn't been able to water it for the past 2 weeks since there is a water ban in place. Course is a mess. Fairways are hard at mt.rushmore and the tee boxes are more like sand boxes than tee boxes.

Two weeks w/o water and the course is in that kind of shape? I assume this is the NE or somewhere with fescue type grass.

We're not in a watering ban, but most of the courses down here that I play have retention ponds often fed by tributaries and they use that as a source of water when they don't get rain sometimes instead of municipal water.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks w/o water and the course is in that kind of shape? I assume this is the NE or somewhere with fescue type grass.

We're not in a watering ban, but most of the courses down here that I play have retention ponds often fed by tributaries and they use that as a source of water when they don't get rain sometimes instead of municipal water.

Western Mass, yes. no ponds on this course so they can't use those.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fairways are hard and you still can't hit it over 250 :heh:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairways are hard and you still can't hit it over 250 :heh:

My drives average around 240-250 and last Sunday I hit a 3 wood off the hard pan (2nd shot) 240 even though it initially landed in the rough and it rained the entire day before we played.

So there :kissass:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Course is so wet there are geese swimming in the fairways (not quite but almost). Driving range has been a lake most of the year.