• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Vikes

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions haven't clinched anything yet. They have three road games at NO, NJ, and Dallas remaining. GB has offenseless eagles, home games against Houston and Seattle, road game at perhaps Cutlerless bears, home game against vikings. I can't see packers losing at home to Houston or getting swept by Minnesota. Seattle and Philadelphia are their biggest tests remaining and they just need to win one of them to have a shot. Week 17 in Detroit will decide the NFC North.
Have you seen Green Bay play lately? Right now they appear on the same plane as the Browns...they're really bad

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions haven't clinched anything yet. They have three road games at NO, NJ, and Dallas remaining. GB has offenseless eagles, home games against Houston and Seattle, road game at perhaps Cutlerless bears, home game against vikings. I can't see packers losing at home to Houston or getting swept by Minnesota. Seattle and Philadelphia are their biggest tests remaining and they just need to win one of them to have a shot. Week 17 in Detroit will decide the NFC North.

Do you watch football?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you watch football?
He does sorta have a point.

With four games left, nobody should be considering Detroits lead(with tie breaker over Minny) a sure thing. Even with the shit competition in the North.

The only two teams with a winning record that the Lions have beaten all year are Washington and Minny. And the Vikes are 1-5 since their Bye Week. (1-3 against non Lions teams.)

8-8 or 9-7 has a chance to win the Norse this year. Seriously.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the two home games for the Lions should be gimmes. The offense should be shot if they can't pass all over GB especially. They could get prolapsed in all the road games but they make keep it close at NO. The games at NY and Dallas are probably sure losses.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the two home games for the Lions should be gimmes. The offense should be shot if they can't pass all over GB especially. They could get prolapsed in all the road games but they make keep it close at NO. The games at NY and Dallas are probably sure losses.
3-2 would do it.

But Id be happy with 2-3 tbh.

It is nice were only outside one more time this year. (3 all year?)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does sorta have a point.

With four games left, nobody should be considering Detroits lead(with tie breaker over Minny) a sure thing. Even with the shit competition in the North.

The only two teams with a winning record that the Lions have beaten all year are Washington and Minny. And the Vikes are 1-5 since their Bye Week. (1-3 against non Lions teams.)

8-8 or 9-7 has a chance to win the Norse this year. Seriously.

I agree that nothing is a lock. He just seems to be ignoring how these teams have been playing Lately. Yes, Detroit has been playing and beating on some weaker teams, but GB and Minny are losing to competition that's not much better. And in the case of GB, they're losing big.

@Brees#1 also just dismissed the Eagles for their offense. But their defense is for real, especially at home. And while their offense isn't great, they have a good enough QB to do some damage against the worst defense in the league.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that nothing is a lock. He just seems to be ignoring how these teams have been playing Lately. Yes, Detroit has been playing and beating on some weaker teams, but GB and Minny are losing to competition that's not much better. And in the case of GB, they're losing big.

@Brees#1 also just dismissed the Eagles for their offense. But their defense is for real, especially at home. And while their offense isn't great, they have a good enough QB to do some damage against the worst defense in the league.
The Lions have been behind in the 4th in EVERY game this year.

If GB wins on Monday, (ARodg will have to be vintage for that to happen.)Id agree with him that the division will be settled in Week 17 at Ford Field. (That's a big if, as GBs D is God awful.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 teams they are in with are all either dysfunctional (GB), inept (Chi) or tofu (Min).

Stafford is playing very well.
Better than very well.

Without him they're 1-10, maybe. Prolly winless.

Yesterday was, imo his third worst start of the year. And he had a solid game

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, no real Lions fan is counting their chickens yet. If it comes down to game 17 at home AND Rodgers isn't starting, we're still well aware that some no name backup can go off for 600 yards passing just to beat the Lions.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have been behind in the 4th in EVERY game this year.

If GB wins on Monday, (ARodg will have to be vintage for that to happen.)Id agree with him that the division will be settled in Week 17 at Ford Field. (That's a big if, as GBs D is God awful.)

I like that The fact they've won 6 of their last 7 in close games that they had to fight through is a sign of toughness imo.

On the Hawks board a lot of guys get worked up over winning close games as if it's a a weakness I just see it as a character building exercise. Sam with staring slow in the season and turning it around..

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did Wentz look against Atlanta? A defense who could not stop Rodgers, Rivers, Carr, and Winston. Also, GB has a top run defense that's gonna force Wentz to have to beat them with his arm because Mathews and Smallwood are not D Murray.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, no real Lions fan is counting their chickens yet. If it comes down to game 17 at home AND Rodgers isn't starting, we're still well aware that some no name backup can go off for 600 yards passing just to beat the Lions.

And sign a big off season contract with Seattle

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that The fact they've won 6 of their last 7 in close games that they had to fight through is a sign of toughness imo.

On the Hawks board a lot of guys get worked up over winning close games as if it's a a weakness I just see it as a character building exercise. Sam with staring slow in the season and turning it around..
Toughness could be one way to look at it.

Sam Bradford being Sam Bradford is what I chalk yesterday's W up to. And we're all out of Sam Bradford for the season.

The Lions aren't very good. But they're alright when Slay, Ziggy and Ansah all play. No matter who plays they have no run game.

I believe they're in the drivers seat when all three other teams are mathematically eliminated.