• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions to keep several key FAs

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions announced the will be keeping James Jones, George Johnson, Jeremy Ross, and most likely Matt Prater. We will know this weekend on Prater. Hopefully that will happen too.

Still no decision on Bush. I would not be sad to see him go.

I am thrilled we are keeping the 2 D-Line guys but makes me wonder how confident they about resigning Suh. They are not even restructuring Jones.

Not thrilled with Ross. Thought he sucked big donkey balls the last few games.

What do you guys think?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions announced the will be keeping James Jones, George Johnson, Jeremy Ross, and most likely Matt Prater. We will know this weekend on Prater. Hopefully that will happen too.

Still no decision on Bush. I would not be sad to see him go.

I am thrilled we are keeping the 2 D-Line guys but makes me wonder how confident they about resigning Suh. They are not even restructuring Jones.

Not thrilled with Ross. Thought he sucked big donkey balls the last few games.

What do you guys think?
We still need depth regardless of whether or not Suh signs. So I like the potential re-signings of Johnson and Jones.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really only care about Suh.

Dont give a fuck about Matt Prater tbh. He's a kicker that isn't Jason Hanson. I can only care so much about those. There are plenty of men that kick footballs who wouldn't get suspended for drinking a beer. Sign three of those.

They're just waiting to cut Ross and Bush.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh will head out west and NOT re-sign with Detroit.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a bit torn on Reggie. When healthy he's still got some pep in his step. Problem is he can't stay healthy. So I guess for that reason I'd rather cut him and free up that money.

Prater imo needs re-signed. Before him, our kicking game was in shambles. Having Prater on our squad, imo, helped us tremendously with us making the playoffs.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not excited about Ross. Think he is gone come fall. At the moment he is our only return guy. Can't stand him there and IMO gets beat out by ??? In camp. Don't see them keeping him for his catching prowess.
Like the depth for DL whether Suh stays or goes.

Prater needs signed to a deal. I need stability in that position for my own sanity. The kicking game cost a home playoff game IMO. About the only time I will say one play won or lost a game. Still got a sour taste from the Bills kicking debacle.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a bit torn on Reggie. When healthy he's still got some pep in his step. Problem is he can't stay healthy. So I guess for that reason I'd rather cut him and free up that money.
Agree 100% on all but being torn on him gone. I will roll dice on a deep RB class and save the money and roll with Bell, Riddick and a rookie.

I would love to see Riddick on the field in slot with Bell or ?? Behind Stafford. Theo may not have the electricity of Bush, but he finds the open spot and catches dang near anything
Mr. Accurate has to throw and kid sniffs the goal line in red zone.

May also be I have never liked Bush.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theo Riddick has pretty much assumed Bush's role in Detroit. Plus I think the Lions will draft a RB. Mayhew does love himself skilled offensive guys. Lets just hope he has help picking this one.

Ross may get resigned but I don't think he makes the roster...well at least I hope he gets cut.

Prater is fine I would rather have the kicking position not follow the Lions into the season like last year.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with getting rid of Reggie is that I think we will have a hard time replacing him with an equal player with money we will save. It would be one thing if we were talking about whether or not he's worth his 5 million dollar cap number (I don't think he is.) I do not think the team gets better by cutting him for roughly 1 million dollars in savings.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if our OC gets his head out of his ass he will realize the gold mine of versatility we have in those backs and how they open up the possibilities for all kinds of effective formations with the same personnel grouping allowing you to go quick tempo and giving the defense fits.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Johnson and Jones are good values at their cap numbers. Keeping them is wise.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need depth regardless of whether or not Suh signs. So I like the potential re-signings of Johnson and Jones.

As much as I would hate to see Suh go, I wouldn't waste a franchise tag on someone that doesn't wanna be in Detroit. Ditto on Jones and Johnson.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to get Mosely back too. That would at least make things manageable up front.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Jones' production definately matches his price tag. He can play DE if we switch to a 3-4. No good reason to dump him. If he was up for a restructure I'd be thinking about that if I were Mayhew but if not just keep it moving, he's worth his paycheck. It shouldn't be that expensive to get Mosley back. He's certainly earned his pay last season. If we can't keep Suh, Mosley and Failey are a must. I wouldn't give either more than a 2 year deal but I'd make sure I got both back. As far as Reggie goes, I think if healthy he can still earn his paycheck too. But I think if we are able to resign Suh, Reggie will have to be a casualty. I have no problem with bringing back Ross. He shouldn't cost much and if you get to camp and someone outperforms him he gets cut. He's not going to have any guranteed money the team will be on the hook for. And as long as Prater doesn't get stupid in negotiations, we have to get him back too.