• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions to draft Eric Ebron?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will pass on early TE pick. He would be immediate upgrade on roster. Just feel they should go for immediate upgrade at other positions first. I am content with Pettigrew, Fauria and Williams.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hard to imagine, with the Wr depth in this draft and lack of Safety/CB depth, Detroit not picking on the Defensive Back side of the ball with the first pick, then moving towards Wr later. But that's my opinion.

It would be hard to imagine! We are Lions fans, seen a lot stupider.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hard to imagine, with the Wr depth in this draft and lack of Safety/CB depth, Detroit not picking on the Defensive Back side of the ball with the first pick, then moving towards Wr later. But that's my opinion.

NCCChiFan,

This is the Lions we are talking about. Unless you play on the defensive line -- they very rarely spend a 1st round pick on the back 7. Since 2000, Ernie Sims in 2006 is the only player the Lions have drafted at CB, Safety or LB in the 1st round.

I'd love to see that change this year, but the odds aren't very good, especially with all the talk about trading up for Watkins, drafting Evans and even god forbid, drafting a TE.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron would be the best TE on the team.

No -- Ebron would be the best pass catching TE on the team, not the best TE. He would be a liability blocking in the running game. So if they do draft him -- expect to see him lined up out wide a lot.

That being said -- I'd rather see the Lions trade up to draft Watkins than spend a 1st round pick on a TE. That's how much I hope the Lions don't draft Ebron.:laugh3:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's clips of him out running teams down the sideline and in the middle of the field. Maybe 10 would be too high, maybe not considering that he would be better than the TEs on the team, every WR outside of Tate and CJ and would be a problem for teams to cover.

He would be a huge addition to the passing game. To me, the question whether or not to draft him would be; Is he a game changer and how much of an immediate impact can he have?

He comes with an 11.43% drop rate in college. I watched his bowl game (plus 3 other games this year), where he had the CB and Safety beat 3x, by 3-5 yards, with clear sailing to the end zone and a perfectly placed ball to catch (1 over the shoulder, not looking into the sun, the other two in stride as he was going from his right to left down the seam with less than 25 yards to the end zone, dropped all three of those).

He's got talent but damn those drops were too reminiscent of Pettidrops at Okie State :L

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hard to imagine! We are Lions fans, seen a lot stupider.

lol, yea sadly, I suppose so. We Bear fans have also suffered through awful GM induced drafts. Feel your pain.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by lionstop1
Ebron would be the best TE on the team.

If the Lions drafted Khalil Mack -- he would be the best LB on the team
If the Lions drafted JaDaveon Clowney -- he would be the best DE on the team
If the Lions drafted Justin Gilbert -- he would be the best CB on the team
If the Lions drafted Darqueze Dennard -- he would be the best CB on the team

I think you catch my drift. There is any number of players the Lions could draft where they would be the best at that position for the Lions as a rookie. I can think of one position though if the Lions draft, there isn't a chance they would be the best on the Lions though. Can anyone guess?:whistle:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yea sadly, I suppose so. We Bear fans have also suffered through awful GM induced drafts. Feel your pain.

Until you've watched a GM draft a WR in the top 10 4 out of 5 years in the 1st round and your franchise has one playoff win in 50 years -- you don't know our pain.

Unless you are a Cubs fan too.:laugh3:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center is good guess, I was kinda thinking Mulbach. He is truly a very talented long snapper!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Ebron is there in round 2? Is he too good to pass up there?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center is good guess, I was kinda thinking Mulbach. He is truly a very talented long snapper!

Damn -- I didn't think anyone would guess correctly. Gandy is the winner.:yahoo:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Ebron is there in round 2? Is he too good to pass up there?

No brainer pick in round 2. That isn't going to happen though. He will be long gone before the Lions pick in round 2, unless he tears an ACL. Then the Lions may trade back into the 1st round to pick him. (only joking -- i'm really tired today, wife decided to take a tumble with baby in her arms yesterday and he has a goose egg on his forehead, so I didn't sleep at all last night)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Clowney there isnt anyone Id rather see drafted at 10 less than ebron.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Clowney there isnt anyone Id rather see drafted at 10 less than ebron.

Have no idea why you dislike the best player in the draft. If you dislike his attitude than fine but he is still the best player in the draft.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea why you dislike the best player in the draft. If you dislike his attitude than fine but he is still the best player in the draft.

i'm guessing it is because he doesn't play on the offensive side of the ball. detroit fans seem infatuated with anyone on the offensive side of the ball, whether it be a WR, TE, RB, QB, whatever.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, i've been drinking tonight, so I could be completely wrong, so don't listen to anything I say.:laugh3:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of drafting Ebron, I am thinking we should trade Leshoure and Pettigrew and a 4th to NO for Graham. Think they will go for it?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time will tell if he is the best player in the draft. I don't think he will be. I think this guy is over hyped and will never amount to anything in the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell if he is the best player in the draft. I don't think he will be. I think this guy is over hyped and will never amount to anything in the NFL.

Kreton, Merril Hoge is in your court regarding Clowney. Merril Hoge: Jadeveon Clowney is an 'atrocious' football player - CBSSports.com

One of the comments Hoge says; "Jadeveon Clowney does not play very smart as a football player. He has a long learning curve to be successful in the NFL," Hoge said. "I would take Mack in a heartbeat over Clowney in the first round, first pick, all day."