• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions picks from the SportsHoopla mock draft

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.1.16 : Jack Conklin - OT - Michigan St.
2.15.47 : Kenny Clark - DT - UCLA
3.33.97 : Will Redmond - CB - Mississippi St.
4.13.113 : Matt Judon - DE - Grand Valley St.
5.12.153 : Isaac Seumalo - OC - Oregon St.
5.32.173 : Nick Kwiatkoski - ILB - West Virginia
6.16.195 : Kavon Frazier - S - Central Michigan
6.27.206 : Parker Ehinger - OG - Cincinnati
6.35.214 : Hunter Sharp - WR - Utah State
7.15.240 : Jared Norris - OLB - Utah

Big_Blue_72 had a bunch of collaboration with me in the second half, He had for more in-depth view of prospects than I did and was a huge help.

Some thought on the draft:
1. I was planning on Hogan or Brisset with the 5.32.173 pick, but both went shortly before that. Smitty surprised me by taking a second QB. I am excited with the Kwiatkowski pick though.
2. No other QB's interested me even as a project. Kessler is no major upgrade over what Moore added
3. I took Conklin in round 1 due to the DT depth and I think it paid off with getting Kenny Clark in the second round(I wanted Ragland, but once again Smitty is a jerk face)
4. Judon is going to be a stud and that might be my favorite pick
5. 72 hated my Redmond pick, but I felt he was the best upside left at the end of 3. Pharoah Cooper was the other choice I looked at.

Over all I think I grabbed starters in the trench earlier, and have a bunch of great potential late. They all would not hit, but I think more then a few of these guys will outplay their draft position.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest. If we take Conklin, I won't be happy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest. If we take Conklin, I won't be happy.

Any reason? He won't ever be the best tackle, but I think he is a 10 year starter. Plug and play type that will play the position right.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I screwed you out of taking Ragland. Other than our first, I like what you did Mebert.

You were in my Top5 voting.

(You clearly were tutored by the same gentlemen I was, since you stole half of my targets for the Rams. And took the other guys I looked at the most for our Lions.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the Kenny Clark, Seumalo and Frazier picks.

And really want us to take Hogan in the 5th or later. JBC can make him a legit NFL QB, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reason? He won't ever be the best tackle, but I think he is a 10 year starter. Plug and play type that will play the position right.
He'd save us money over Reif next year. But I don't think he'd ever be an upgrade. If RR were reupped and Conklin was there, not sure who I think would win out and start at LT.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just don't like him. Didn't come from a strong team like Dennard did. I think he's benefitting from a combine flash. You can get RTs anywhere. We need way better value at 16. We're a pass first team. We don't need a run blocking RT that early. I'd rather have the C Kelly over Conklin or any other RT incapable of pushing Reiff out of the LT spot.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conklin has been getting a lot of hype this week it might push him into the top 10 he may be ahead of stanley on some team boards now i've seen rumors that the Ravens, 49ers, Giants and Titans are all looking at him. He did man handle Bosa and Buckner.

Still prefer Spriggs or Decker

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass on Kenny Clark there isn't much film on him compared to the other 1/2 round defensive tackles. He looks like a single gap run stopper that would be a liability on passing downs maybe. Only reason he is being pushed up draft boards is size hes another Gabe Wright.

Edit was just reading he doesn't wrap up well on tackles

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're looking to upgrade Ola, we won't need to use our 1st round pick to do that. If we're looking to upgrade Reiff, it's not going to happen at 16. Can't say I like the idea of taking a RT in the 1st.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(You clearly were given some of the same suggested player names, by a soon to be banned Lions board member, who is an a**h**e, since you stole half of my targets for the Rams. And took the other guys I looked at the most for our Lions.)

FIFY

Guilty.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. 72 hated my Redmond pick

I wouldn't go that far.
biggest concern was he is a CB coming off an ACL surgery in Nov 2015 who might not be ready by Training Camp. Should he miss all or even a great portion of TC, it'll hurt his chances greatly of being able to learn the elevated complexities of NFL level and possibly getting onto the field this year.

Kid has loose hips and very quick feet with ability to close coming forward.
He absolutely gets rag-dolled by WR's coming off LOS at times.
You give him a year or two to get stronger, learn better technique (which isn't bad, tbh) and he could be a steal.

I just don't like this class of CB's outside of Hargreaves, Alexander (more nickel than booundary, imo) and Fuller. There are far too many suspect prospects that are being viewed higher simply due to their physical or track and field events measurables.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Judon is going to be a stud and that might be my favorite pick

After I saw this pick, I looked at him on highlights only (didn''t find any full game film). I came away impressed with the tools he currently has. He can be rotational DE immediately, imo. He might have more upside than D. Taylor.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're looking to upgrade Ola, we won't need to use our 1st round pick to do that. If we're looking to upgrade Reiff, it's not going to happen at 16. Can't say I like the idea of taking a RT in the 1st.

Agreed that Conklin will not replace Reiff, but I think he is a similar talent. I think Conklin would give the Lions two good tackles, which they have not had in years. Conklin reminds me a bit of Backus, which I know he was not very poular around here, but I was always a fan of his game.

Decker was another option with the pick, but I am not a big fan.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't like him. Didn't come from a strong team like Dennard did. I think he's benefitting from a combine flash. You can get RTs anywhere. We need way better value at 16. We're a pass first team. We don't need a run blocking RT that early. I'd rather have the C Kelly over Conklin or any other RT incapable of pushing Reiff out of the LT spot.

This is a fair argument, my thought process is with the 16 pick you get a 10 year starter who most likely goes to a few Pro Bowls. I think that is a value in the first. I would have gone DT if I did not think the best value in round 2 would not be there in that round.

I know @Stomp was not a fan of Clark, but I saw a great run stuffer who started to get pressure by the end of this year. I think he is a star in a few years.