• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: LIONS/PACKERS

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised a complete regime change and cutting most of the vets did not lead to instant improvement.

You seeing any positives? Hockenson is a legit TE!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my tie breakers in pick ems I predicted
GB 38
Det 17

Was damn close

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seeing any positives? Hockenson is a legit TE!
I actually have hope for the first time. Coach is a long term contract, and so is not forced to aim for middling vets. Hopefully in 3-4 years they have something.

Love Hock, and he will get so many passes going his way with king of the checkdowns!

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have hope for the first time. Coach is a long term contract, and so is not forced to aim for middling vets. Hopefully in 3-4 years they have something.

Love Hock, and he will get so many passes going his way with king of the checkdowns!

For sure, and I'm fine with that as I got Hock on my FF. ;)

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When playing the Packers and it's a crucial play, just throw it to whoever #20 is covering...if it's not complete, he'll commit a penalty... Lions need to kick their scout in the nuts
Why do they keep putting him on the damn field? All the clown does is give up big plays. Stokes is clearly a better player

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is uncatchable even a consideration anymore? It doesn't seem so, unless blatant.

Good question. Maybe they changed the rule or revised the interpretaion and I haven't heard about it. Because that ball was quite clearly uncatchable. But I've never cared for that "uncatchable" get-out-of-jail-free card for DBs anyway.

Someone above mentioned they could have called it a D hold though, and that's true. Someone else mentioned that the commentators sucked last night and I agree with that too.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2019 officials called DPI against the Dolphins for a 'foul' on a Colts WR who ran a cross and corner route and wasn't the target of the deep post pass. The WR was 12 yards away from the pass and running at 90 degrees away from the pass. This was on a 3rd down incompletion in the endzone late in the game. The Colts won 16-12 with the free TD from the 1 yard line.

Compared to that last night was totally legitimate.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they keep putting him on the damn field? All the clown does is give up big plays. Stokes is clearly a better player

They mentioned in the broadcast that the Pack wants to play Stokes outside on 3rd downs with King at the other outside position and Alexander in the slot. I don't like that idea, as they still have their biggest issue on the field, King. Why don't they move him over the TE or the bigger possession receivers they face, he's a bigger dude and the guys that just toast him time after time are the smaller, quick dudes. I get them wanting to move Alexander inside on 3rd downs, but it still leaves King on the outside where he's proven time and again he's in over his ability.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mentioned in the broadcast that the Pack wants to play Stokes outside on 3rd downs with King at the other outside position and Alexander in the slot. I don't like that idea, as they still have their biggest issue on the field, King. Why don't they move him over the TE or the bigger possession receivers they face, he's a bigger dude and the guys that just toast him time after time are the smaller, quick dudes. I get them wanting to move Alexander inside on 3rd downs, but it still leaves King on the outside where he's proven time and again he's in over his ability.
The decisions made in the Packer organization are mind boggling so this doesnt surprise me at all.