• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions at Bears Week 4

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions mustered up just 20 points in each of their last 3 games, they would have a winning record. I know the defense hasn't been scary good or looked great, but the defense isn't the reason they are losing games. They need to find new ways to score quick. Sure Abdullah is gone, but the good teams overcome injuries. Figure it out, or 1-4 will kill any playoff chance that may be left.

Jim-Mora-Playoffs.jpg

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good analysis of what is going on with the players and coaches. Agree with everything here except Joe Dahl part. More a matter of coaches being stubborn and not letting him play. He is better than both our starting Guards.

Detroit Lions stock report: Everything is awful

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good analysis of what is going on with the players and coaches. Agree with everything here except Joe Dahl part. More a matter of coaches being stubborn and not letting him play. He is better than both our starting Guards.

Are the players quitting on Caldwell this early in the season? Or are they unprepared?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell happened to Warford?

He seems to be improving again but he has not regained his rookie form. I think Lombardi may have crushed his spirit.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the players quitting on Caldwell this early in the season? Or are they unprepared?

A bit of both IMO. I think the team is starting to take Caldwell's "whatever" attitude. We went from 1 extreme to the other coaching wise. Need to find some middle ground.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn't unusual for teams to veer from one type of coach to the seeming opposite (offense to defense most notably). What's missing here is the chemistry to make the organization become greater than the sum of their parts. It may be that Caldwell is trapped in the past regime, or the players have lost faith and don't see a future with him. Too bad, because they'll be judged on what they do, not excused based on who was the HC.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice read but the Lions defense is decimated.

Literally ZERO talent whatsoever.

Quin and Slay are the only talented players that are playing on Sundays. Tahir Whitehead is a borderline to low end starter. Devin Taylor is nothing more than a poor mans Cliff Avril. Ngata flashes but is way past his prime. A. Robinson hasn't shown shit. The rest of the linebackers and secondary are backups at best.

The guy says Teryl Austin called a poor game but there isn't much creativity you can have when you are trying to mask how bad half the defense is.

Ansah and Levy are completely MIA which I am sure Quinn was counting on when he drafted all those O-lineman.

Caldwell is a piece of shit, conservative ass, whitey tighty underwear wearing douche nozzle. Dude is seriously the black Jeff Fisher. YOUR BOSS drafted a bunch of O-lineman but the guy is too scared to replace Swanson who is TRASH. Throw the rookies into the fire, hold players like Swanson accountable. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO the dude is just going to sit on the sidelines with that dumb ass look on his face.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of both IMO. I think the team is starting to take Caldwell's "whatever" attitude. We went from 1 extreme to the other coaching wise. Need to find some middle ground.
I want crazy back.

If I boo, I want a coach that'll tell me to go fuck myself.

I want a coach that gets his khakis tailored.

I want a coach that expects season tickets for his mistress.

But I can wait till the season is officially over. As in our games are all played. None of that mathematics.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice read but the Lions defense is decimated.

Literally ZERO talent whatsoever.

Quin and Slay are the only talented players that are playing on Sundays. Tahir Whitehead is a borderline to low end starter. Devin Taylor is nothing more than a poor mans Cliff Avril. Ngata flashes but is way past his prime. A. Robinson hasn't shown shit. The rest of the linebackers and secondary are backups at best.

The guy says Teryl Austin called a poor game but there isn't much creativity you can have when you are trying to mask how bad half the defense is.

Ansah and Levy are completely MIA which I am sure Quinn was counting on when he drafted all those O-lineman.

Caldwell is a piece of shit, conservative ass, whitey tighty underwear wearing douche nozzle. Dude is seriously the black Jeff Fisher. YOUR BOSS drafted a bunch of O-lineman but the guy is too scared to replace Swanson who is TRASH. Throw the rookies into the fire, hold players like Swanson accountable. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO the dude is just going to sit on the sidelines with that dumb ass look on his face.

Austin is not giving them a chance to play. The zone shit is not working. Its not even his style of defense. Also Taylor is playing hurt. He is better than what he has been able to give. Hopefully he heals up and starts.

Spot on with the rest.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is not giving them a chance to play. The zone shit is not working. Its not even his style of defense. Also Taylor is playing hurt. He is better than what he has been able to give. Hopefully he heals up and starts.

I just think Austin is trying to hide all the deficiencies of the team.
The defense was #2 overall when he had talented players on defense.

Even if Taylor is healthy, he is an average starter. He will flash from time to time but still be non-existent most afternoons.

The GM made a nice pick with Decker but the rest of his first draft is sketchy as hell. How about taking a shot on a CB or LB with some upside instead of a long snapper?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Austin is trying to hide all the deficiencies of the team.
The defense was #2 overall when he had talented players on defense.

Even if Taylor is healthy, he is an average starter. He will flash from time to time but still be non-existent most afternoons.

The GM made a nice pick with Decker but the rest of his first draft is sketchy as hell. How about taking a shot on a CB or LB with some upside instead of a long snapper?

Some solid parts of the draft still.
I think outside of Decker there is potential for 4 other starters as well.
Robinson, Dahl, Killebrew, and Williams all have potential. Williams was not ready at all to be put in the lineup, injuries forced it though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some solid parts of the draft still.
I think outside of Decker there is potential for 4 other starters as well.
Robinson, Dahl, Killebrew, and Williams all have potential. Williams was not ready at all to be put in the lineup, injuries forced it though.

Williams I think will be a good one but will need at least a full year before he is ready and maybe more. he is out of position on many plays but when he gets it right he looks very good. Killebrew is seeing more action with Wilson hurt and Bush sucking donkey balls. I mistakenly thought it was Wilson screwing up but it was actually Bush. Although Wilson has not done much either.

I like Dahl a lot. I think he will start before the end of the year. Right now he can play every position on the line so he is not going to get cut any time soon unless he does something egregious.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams I think will be a good one but will need at least a full year before he is ready and maybe more. he is out of position on many plays but when he gets it right he looks very good. Killebrew is seeing more action with Wilson hurt and Bush sucking donkey balls. I mistakenly thought it was Wilson screwing up but it was actually Bush. Although Wilson has not done much either.

I like Dahl a lot. I think he will start before the end of the year. Right now he can play every position on the line so he is not going to get cut any time soon unless he does something egregious.

I would have been shocked if Williams could have jumped from small school and been ready early his first year.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What makes you say that? Has the guy even played yet this year?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you say that? Has the guy even played yet this year?
Just in preseason. Was much better than either Guard and even did well at Tackle. Tomlinson is a horror show. Warford has not been great either but I am holding out my last shred of hope still on him.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in preseason. Was much better than either Guard and even did well at Tackle. Tomlinson is a horror show. Warford has not been great either but I am holding out my last shred of hope still on him.

Yeah, there is a big difference between the two.

Warford at least WAS good at some point. Tomlinson was a flat out bust pick. Called that shit the minute he was selected.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there is a big difference between the two.

Warford at least WAS good at some point. Tomlinson was a flat out bust pick. Called that shit the minute he was selected.

He can still be good if he cleans up the penalties and gets his confidence back. For some reason he has been timid since his injury issues, but that has been over a year now. You are right that he was very good at one point.