• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lightning suspend Jonathan Drouin without pay

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts suspend Drouin after failing to report for AHL game (Update: Agent responds)

This Drouin situation just got a bit more messy. I don't understand this at all from Drouin's perspective, he's clearly been advised by his agent to pull this move and it makes no sense whatsoever. If you want to be traded, you go and play, impress and show other teams what you are capable of. Not only are you not playing games and trying to impress which would enhance the possible chance of a trade, you are also showing a side of you that shows you are a selfish person which is going to give teams second thoughts about trading for you. Combining the fact you are unwilling to play to showcase your talents and showing your true colours as a selfish individual, you have ultimately decreased your value as a asset and therefore it's going to be difficult for a trade to happen as Yzerman is only going to pull the trigger on a deal were the Lightning get equal value.

I think it's such a dumb move by Drouin and his representatives, I kinda hope Yzerman doesn't get the deal he's looking for and Drouin rots in the minors and learns the hard way.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this seems to be the narrative of the millenniums. Young kids who firmly plant their heels in the ground and pout when they don't get what they want. Sad that this kind of attitude has fond it's way into sports.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Drouin just slit his own throat and now has no income! I really doubt Stevie Y will even move him now. Hopefully, Drouin will learn the tough way and be an AHL'er! Lol

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail on the head Danny ! , he.s selfish. If he is as good as he thinks he is he should
play and prove it . he.s only hurting himself. Who would want a guy like that on their team.
He had better be careful or he may end up out of hockey altogether.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin and his agent have said he doesn't want to play
in the AHL for fear of getting injured and lessening his
value. What a stupid argument, if he ever gets back in the NHL
all the players will be looking to do him harm.
They might even hire Matt Cooke to finish him off.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is he not injured? He missed 19 games this season so far due to injury! Just a wimp with no pay! I told you guys from the get go, along with Bolt, the Village Idiot should have taken Seth!