• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Letter to Romo from ex teammate

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he retires because quite frankly I would absolutely be sick to my stomach (not to mention how Tony himself would feel) if he took a much serious injury that would leave him, well lets just say,, in terrible and serious shape. His golf days within the next 10 years will probably be over and that's a shame because of his love for that sport, but as the article ( which btw is a very considerate and honest letter to him) stated, he has his family to think of. The money he would lose if he hung them up is pennies in the scheme of things. He already has enough money that his child and his grandchildren, and even their children perhaps will ever need to have great lives. Tony; the person I truly worry about and his quality of life after football. Constant painkillers is not the way to live it.

Again, it would sicken me to see him need a stretcher to be taken off the field. He's had his heart breaks on the field but the guy will one day be in your ring of honor.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a cowboy fan, but I am a Romo fan. I hope he hangs it up. I broke 2 vertebrates last year in a car accident, I have Sciatica in bothlegs. I am always in pain. I can't begin to gues how much pain he has on a daily basis.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Tony to win a SB to shut the mouths of the idiots that keep saying he is a choker when the game is on the line.
Honestly now I really don't want Tony to risk his health anymore. It's time to look at the long term picture and much more important to be able to pickup up your grandkids in 20 plus years than win a SB at this point.

Tony it's time to talk to Candice and Roger and Troy and Michael and a medical doctor that is not influenced by the Cowboys about your long term health. Roger, Troy. Michael all won SB's but I bet they will honestly tell you to walk away while you can walk away.

Its a tough decision but knowing when it is time to walk away is hard take some time and know Cowboys fans will support you either way but we want to see walking into the Ring of Honor not being pushed in a wheelchair.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a cowboy fan, but I am a Romo fan. I hope he hangs it up. I broke 2 vertebrates last year in a car accident, I have Sciatica in bothlegs. I am always in pain. I can't begin to gues how much pain he has on a daily basis.
I broke a vertebrae in my back when I was younger and a vertebrae in my neck when I was in my low 20s. I wake up with pain every day, have trouble turning my neck to see when driving and still do things that I know will bother it every day because you live life as long as your body will let you and worry about the future later if you are lucky enough to get there. If I were Romo you would have to drag my ass of the field.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the greatest Cowboys? Must be a short list of club members then.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I broke a vertebrae in my back when I was younger and a vertebrae in my neck when I was in my low 20s. I wake up with pain every day, have trouble turning my neck to see when driving and still do things that I know will bother it every day because you live life as long as your body will let you and worry about the future later if you are lucky enough to get there. If I were Romo you would have to drag my ass of the field.

Exactly. I swear I have felt worse about football season the last two years than Clark Griswald did when he didn't get the Christmas bonus.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are saying here.

Kind of saying if Romo is one of the greatest, as the article says, there are/have been very few Cowboy players to choose from.

I think Romo is average at best, maybe above for a year or two. Dude really didn't bring any hardware home.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Tony to win a SB to shut the mouths of the idiots that keep saying he is a choker when the game is on the line.
Honestly now I really don't want Tony to risk his health anymore. It's time to look at the long term picture and much more important to be able to pickup up your grandkids in 20 plus years than win a SB at this point.

Tony it's time to talk to Candice and Roger and Troy and Michael and a medical doctor that is not influenced by the Cowboys about your long term health. Roger, Troy. Michael all won SB's but I bet they will honestly tell you to walk away while you can walk away.

Its a tough decision but knowing when it is time to walk away is hard take some time and know Cowboys fans will support you either way but we want to see walking into the Ring of Honor not being pushed in a wheelchair.

JMHO

Your first sentence says it all colors. I know I have always been a homer / apologist for the guy but I have never liked a player so much. I don't even enjoy watching the games when he isn't playing. I have waited since Thanksgiving for this to start and now he is out again.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of saying if Romo is one of the greatest, as the article says, there are/have been very few Cowboy players to choose from.

I think Romo is average at best, maybe above for a year or two. Dude really didn't bring any hardware home.

Well I read it a different way. I read it as you saying they aren't many better. I think I will just keep it that way.

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first sentence says it all colors. I know I have always been a homer / apologist for the guy but I have never liked a player so much. I don't even enjoy watching the games when he isn't playing. I have waited since Thanksgiving for this to start and now he is out again.
:wank:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I used to think he was a Punter. He would stand on the sideline with his helmet in his hand and always had this damn smile on his face, almost like he knew he was better than whatever crap we were playing at QB. Then came the preseason of 06. I wasn't really a fan of preseason but I wanted to see Demarcus Ware. Parcels played Romo the entire game I think. I still never thought Bill would go away from his guy Drew, but he did. Weird thing about that preseason game- it was in Seattle . He will have some stories about that place.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I read it a different way. I read it as you saying they aren't many better. I think I will just keep it that way.[/QUO

IMO, if he is one of the greatest, then they are not many great last/past Cowboys. I'm saying there are a lot of great Cowboys and he really doesn't belong in that group, mention, club, etc.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you mean now and I will just disagree

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said the exact sentence to my wife last year.

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand all the calls for him to retire but this latest injury is not something I see degrading his over all heath or affecting his life after football.

The info coming out is that the L1 vertebra injury is nowhere near as bad as the lumbar injury.
He is not even having surgery.

Out of all of his injuries, this one seems to be the minor one of the group.