• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Pretend

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume after reading the bleacher report, Pete Prisco, Brian Billick, and others, that our offensive game plan is, well, "offensive" when it comes to pass plays --- receivers aren't coming back to the ball on blitzes, too many long developing pass plays, no screens, no bubble screens, etc., and the Roman is too stubborn to change and will be coaching somewhere next year, or not. What type of offense would people like to see?
West Coast --- requires that Kaep get really good at progressions, but short passing game, screens, et.
Norv Turner type? Very qb friendly, he does wonders for qbs with strong arms and great tight ends
Some other game plan?

And what offensive coordinator would you want to see come here?

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Gore the ball every play offense.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
norv turner would be the best for our offense. vernon would smash records.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, offense should be around gore and the running game will open up the passing game. Oline isn't having a great year this year. We need a new center. He gets blown up all the time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Give Gore the ball every play offense.

I know you're kidding but does lead to a good point.............we have to start looking past Gore. not saying we have to cut Gore, or place him on the bench BUT, next year could very well be the year it transitions?

nobody knows about Lattimore, but he'll be given every chance to play. who's to say we don't draft a 'bigger' RB, doesn't have to be round 1 or 2?

to the OT, whomever the players can believe in? if the players buy into the system and believe it'll work, that Coordinator will be successful. don't think we have to "simplify" the passing attack for Kaep? maybe call a FEW more higher percentage passes, but not simplify.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the title.. "Let's Pretend"... But since you asked nicely... There are connections with the coaching staff.. It's not unheard of that a coach switches teams...

We can't talk to Pep unless we are giving him a promotion. OC to OC is NOT a promotion, thus, we can't talk to him.

Get it?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't talk to Pep unless we are giving him a promotion. OC to OC is NOT a promotion, thus, we can't talk to him.

Get it?

he can be vice president of strategic offense formations

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know you're kidding but does lead to a good point.............we have to start looking past Gore. not saying we have to cut Gore, or place him on the bench BUT, next year could very well be the year it transitions?

nobody knows about Lattimore, but he'll be given every chance to play. who's to say we don't draft a 'bigger' RB, doesn't have to be round 1 or 2?

to the OT, whomever the players can believe in? if the players buy into the system and believe it'll work, that Coordinator will be successful. don't think we have to "simplify" the passing attack for Kaep? maybe call a FEW more higher percentage passes, but not simplify.

As much as I'm not a fan of him I think the coaches believe that guy is on the roster now with Anthony Dixon. I agree though that next year the shift should start from Gore to Hunter/Lattimore and find out which one is our future feature back and which is going to play the "Hunter" role moving forward. With Dixon there as a short yardage guy still not sure where James fits into the future.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1249.gif

Since Day 1 of the Harbaugh hiring it has been repeated time and time again that Roman was the creative genius behind the running game and Harbaugh was the guy behind the passing game. The perfect partnership.

Now, the passing game hits rock bottom and 49er fans want to fire/replace Roman?

This is something that has been brought up quite a few times in the offseason when we thought that the team might lose Roman to a HC offer. Dial it back guys, I know we've discussed it... lets not make scapegoats. If the passing game fails it is on Harbaugh, that is his "expertise".

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Get it?

Like he said, the title of the thread says "Let's Pretend."

It means let's have a hypothetical discussion. But by all means, please get worked up more.

Get it?

Timkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see james and hunter in the slot. We are weak at wr let them take some passes. Could even run some 2back sets where the option goes to kaps gore between the tackles or hunter/james in the flat. Give kaps nice easy passes and let that open up longer stuff.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1249.gif

Since Day 1 of the Harbaugh hiring it has been repeated time and time again that Roman was the creative genius behind the running game and Harbaugh was the guy behind the passing game. The perfect partnership.

Now, the passing game hits rock bottom and 49er fans want to fire/replace Roman?

This is something that has been brought up quite a few times in the offseason when we thought that the team might lose Roman to a HC offer. Dial it back guys, I know we've discussed it... lets not make scapegoats. If the passing game fails it is on Harbaugh, that is his "expertise".

The remedy to fix this would be to get a new OC and let him be the guy behind running and passing. Roman is the one calling the plays, so the blame is rightfully on him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The remedy to fix this would be to get a new OC and let him be the guy behind running and passing. Roman is the one calling the plays, so the blame is rightfully on him.

yup, a lot of the time the sequence of plays leaves me scratching my head.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Get it?

So.. If he chooses to quit and spend some time in college then decides to come back to the NFL in a couple of years... The Niners still can't talk to him???

There are lots of ways this discussion can go because it's a "Let's pretend" thread..

GET IT???

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring in Mike Martz to be a consultant for the pass offense. I was really disappointed that Martz wasn't successful here. Oh well.