• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Look at the defense

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CBS here is our roster break down for LB and Safety

aMFOdwW.jpg

Are you confident with these guys or what changes would you like to see the front office do?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order:
- Upgrade at SAM linebacker. Dunbar is OK, but there is absolutely no depth behind him either.
- Depth at MLB. Laurinaitis has been an iron man, but that odds are against it continuing
- Upgrade at free safety. McLeod hasn't proven to be a worthy starter, and the depth there is weak
- Depth at strong safety. McDonald was OK as a rookie, but already has missed games to injury
- Nickel corner. Reid could prove to be that guy, but tough to rely on him given his past.
- Upgrade at left DT. Some good options to upgrade in this year's draft, could allow the Rams to move
on from Langford and save some cap room

Could always use upgrades at any position though. Hard to pass up extreme value in the draft.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Depth at CB, behind JJ and Johnson we have CB's that are untested and raw. Would hate to see what would happen if one or both of them went down with an injury.....
*Depth at MLB, JL55 has been solid but what if he goes down? We have to start thinking of the future.
*Safety, This has been a weak point for the Rams for years now. When will they find "the guy"
*DL and DE are fine, add a little depth and keep on looking for that diamond in the rough.
*OLB is ok atm, but we could still draft a couple of guys to fight for dunbars position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order:

-McLeod needs to be upgraded. Daniels just isnt agile enough.
-We need someone behind McDonald at SS. Maybe even a vet starting instead of McDonald.
-We need a Cornerback challenging Jenkins so at the very least a #3 CB.
-We need someone else that can move like Ogletree at LB for Nickel packages. Lil Animal and Dunbar seem more suited for non-Nickel packages.

I'm fine with everything else.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond the glaring need at FS (which needs to be remedied, not now, but RIGHT NOW)... and maybe an upgrade at SSLB... I'm fine with them, for now.

The defense should theleast of our concerns.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth at CB, new SAM OLB, depth at MLB, new FS, SS depth

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have confidence in the DL and the DL only. Dunbar is serviceable but his position needs to be upgraded. Outside of Alec and JL; the depth is pretty shiddy. Just a bunch of practice squad caliber scrubs. Are corners are seriously lacking outside of Jenkins and Johnson whom both are really #2 guys. We just need better safeties period FS and SS. No exceptions here.:lol:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Mack & HaHa to this mix would make our D special. If JL would go down I don't know why they couldn't move Mack to middle linebacker with Dunbar at outside linebacker until he gets back. Nice depth. I'm starting to think HaHa is probably the Rams are really looking at. He is a true free safety which they really need prior is more like an upgraded version of McDonald.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have confidence in the DL and the DL only. Dunbar is serviceable but his position needs to be upgraded. Outside of Alec and JL; the depth is pretty shiddy. Just a bunch of practice squad caliber scrubs. Are corners are seriously lacking outside of Jenkins and Johnson whom both are really #2 guys. We just need better safeties period FS and SS. No exceptions here.:lol:
Hey Jermaine! How the hell are ya bro?

I'm okay with TJ at SS and have my eye on his old team mate at SC: FS Dion Bailey. You're right though, we do need some depth at Safety and LB. Luckily these two positions of depth need are crossovers.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does any of this matter if we don't score points? The defense isn't my concern.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense always matters. The offense needs help as well, but that is a separate discussion. Notably, a starting LG, improved depth along the OL, a true #1 WR, a change of pace RB, a QB to develop, and a potential replacement for Kendricks if he isn't in their plans next season (upcoming FA). A fullback would be a good addition as well, if they have a spot for one in the offense.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jermaine! How the hell are ya bro?

I'm okay with TJ at SS and have my eye on his old team mate at SC: FS Dion Bailey. You're right though, we do need some depth at Safety and LB. Luckily these two positions of depth need are crossovers.

Hey Vita, I'm good bro; just been busy up here in NY working my ass off. Its true though, our guys are 1st and 2nd yr starters; the back ups are neither so we are in serious trouble in any of them go down. Kinda wish we would have looked at a vet at FS or SS; possibly made a way to keep Finnegan.:noidea:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does any of this matter if we don't score points? The defense isn't my concern.

so the as we pump up the offense we have to let the defense die??