• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's get it Kobe!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gotta love how you are so full of yourself that you actually think you can tell Dwight what his reasons are for leaving!! You've truly outdone yourself this time."

"The only reason you think what he says means nothing is because he hasn't said what you want him to say!! By the way, the quotes I gave were from AFTER the FA period when he had already announced that he was going to Houston. "

Sounds like you need some Xanax!!

All I did was repeat what MULTIPLE sources said happened during the meeting.
It is not my hope, wish, or opinion.

YOU are the one with the Buss reasons for lying conspiracies and trying to use a PUBLIC statement that Howard said as gospel!

If you haven't learned by now that public statements from Howard mean nothing, then you haven't been following along for the last 2 years!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not disagreeing with anything you are saying, but it is off topic.

This was all about whether Howard said he didn't want to play with Kobe or not.

From Ric Bucher of CSNBayArea:
Talks with various people close to the situation make it clear there were two prerequisites for Dwight Howard to remain a Laker: fire Mike D’Antoni and amnesty, or at the very least muzzle, Kobe Bryant.
The Lakers apparently asked Dwight to be patient on both fronts for at least another season, telling him “hey, you’re going to have to gut this out another year,” a source said, although it sounds as if VP of basketball ops Jim Buss isn’t ready to abandon Kobe anytime soon. “Dwight didn’t want to play with Kobe for 2-3 more years,” Buss said. “I’m going to stand behind Kobe because of his history with the franchise.”
VARIOUS people confirmed that Howard didn't want to play with Kobe.

TF12 would like me to believe it was only Buss and it was a giant conspiracy theory for him to win the fans back.

And exactly none of those various people were named Dwight Howard!! And I wouldn't like you to believe anything!! You have a theory/opinion based on "various people", I have a theory/opinion based on what Dwight himself has said!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bynum signed with the Heat, Heat fans would say he's the next Kareem!!

After all, on the Heat, Kaman would be a big weapon!!:whistle:

Just another FALSE sentence created by YOU in order for you to attempt to justify a thought of yours!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gotta love how you are so full of yourself that you actually think you can tell Dwight what his reasons are for leaving!! You've truly outdone yourself this time."

"The only reason you think what he says means nothing is because he hasn't said what you want him to say!! By the way, the quotes I gave were from AFTER the FA period when he had already announced that he was going to Houston. "

Sounds like you need some Xanax!!

All I did was repeat what MULTIPLE sources said happened during the meeting.
It is not my hope, wish, or opinion.

YOU are the one with the Buss reasons for lying conspiracies and trying to use a PUBLIC statement that Howard said as gospel!

If you haven't learned by now that public statements from Howard mean nothing, then you haven't been following along for the last 2 years!

And you likely need electric shock at this point!! Dwights quote wasn't a public statement, it was part of an interview just like Buss' statement. And if you think anything Short Buss said is worth anything then you are definitely not the "Lakers Insider" that you think you are!!

And before you go all "turnup" I said the satement was made publically because it was an interview that was aired on t.v. to the public, not that it was some prepared public statement!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another FALSE sentence created by YOU in order for you to attempt to justify a thought of yours!

Actually, I was just needling Heat fans a little!! Too bad you didn't understand!!

Although, you did say that on the Heat, Kaman would be a weapon after calling him a scrub when the Lakers signed him!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And exactly none of those various people were named Dwight Howard!! And I wouldn't like you to believe anything!! You have a theory/opinion based on "various people", I have a theory/opinion based on what Dwight himself has said!!

You act like my opinion is based on believing a total stranger!
What happened in that meeting was reported by people who make their living as reporters.

People without an agenda. People with no reason to lie. People who lose their job if they did.
People who want to be league "sources ", want to be the first to get stories, and need teams to trust them.

Since that report, NOBODY on either side has disputed one word of it.

There is NO reason to believe what was reported isn't true.
If you choose not to, GREAT!

Remember just a couple days ago when I said I felt Kobe was the reason the Brown left?
That after doing some research I found where a REPORTER said that Brown felt that Buss Sr. was the reason for the firing.

You seem to accept that one? Why is that?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I was just needling Heat fans a little!! Too bad you didn't understand!!

Although, you did say that on the Heat, Kaman would be a weapon after calling him a scrub when the Lakers signed him!!

Yesterday I said he will be a weapon for the Lakers. So what?

He isn't anywhere in the sentence of being a difference maker.

Good luck with him this season!

He CERTAINLY is a part of your projection of being a 12 seed!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did this thread turn into the other one, this one is a Laker battle cry thread (which may have been over run with realists :D)

there is a thread (multiple) dedicated to people repeating what was reported and others denying it's existence.

You guys may also want to check out the Evolution vs Creation thread...

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/nfl-lounge/109901-did-humans-really-evolve-apes.html

Ummm. The start of this thread is Kobe on a treadmill.
To me, that kind of leaves it wide open.:wtf2:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like my opinion is based on believing a total stranger!
What happened in that meeting was reported by people who make their living as reporters.

People without an agenda. People with no reason to lie. People who lose their job if they did.
People who want to be league "sources ", want to be the first to get stories, and need teams to trust them.

The reporters weren't in the meeting. They are reporting what they were told by others who were supposedly in the meeting. Those in the meeting have the agenda's, not the reporters!!

Since that report, NOBODY on either side has disputed one word of it.

There is NO reason to believe what was reported isn't true.
If you choose not to, GREAT!

There is plenty of reason not to believe what was reported. For example, those reporters aren't quoting Dwight and what he said, they are quoting Jim Buss and what HE said that Dwight said. And what Buss said, is NOT what Dwight said in his interview.

Remember just a couple days ago when I said I felt Kobe was the reason the Brown left?
That after doing some research I found where a REPORTER said that Brown felt that Buss Sr. was the reason for the firing.

You seem to accept that one? Why is that?

Your reporter was quoting Mike Brown directly about what Mike Brown himself felt. The reporter that you are choosing to believe re: Dwight, isn't quoting Dwight about what he wanted, he's quoting Jim Buss on what Jim Buss said Dwight wanted.

If you can't see the difference between a reporter quoting the actual person (first hand info.) and a reporter quoting what someone said that someone else said (second hand info.) then I don't know what to tell you!!

I know you desperatley want to make this about Kobe. I know that in your mind, this all has to somehow, some way, be all Kobe's fault.

I told you that Mike Brown didn't get fired because Kobe glared at him (and now you have Brown directly quoted re: who he felt wanted him fired) so now all that you have left is blaming Kobe for Dwight leaving and that's not working out for you either!!

That's okay, you can still blame him for global warming!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I said he will be a weapon for the Lakers. So what?

He isn't anywhere in the sentence of being a difference maker.

Good luck with him this season!

He CERTAINLY is a part of your projection of being a 12 seed!

Again, having fun!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k]Lighten Up Francis - YouTube[/ame]

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reporter was quoting Mike Brown directly about what Mike Brown himself felt. The reporter that you are choosing to believe re: Dwight, isn't quoting Dwight about what he wanted, he's quoting Jim Buss on what Jim Buss said Dwight wanted.

If you can't see the difference between a reporter quoting the actual person (first hand info.) and a reporter quoting what someone said that someone else said (second hand info.) then I don't know what to tell you!!

I know you desperatley want to make this about Kobe. I know that in your mind, this all has to somehow, some way, be all Kobe's fault.
I told you that Mike Brown didn't get fired because Kobe glared at him (and now you have Brown directly quoted re: who he felt wanted him fired) so now all that you have left is blaming Kobe for Dwight leaving and that's not working out for you either!!

What you told me meant nothing. What I found on MY OWN changed my opinion.

I have no agenda. It is what it is!
Funny that none of you Laker fans had ever found that quote?

You act like I'm on some type of mission to blame Kobe:noidea:. It's not the case.
I didn't have to post that quote about Brown , did I?

There was never any type of 'love' or harmony between Kobe and Howard.

Howard had options. He chose Harden over Kobe.

Nobody ever said Kobe was the sole reason he left, but he clearly was A reason.

As far as who was in the meeting??? Who knows? But we DO know that Howard was, correct?

Why would he allow Buss to publicly lie about his demands?

That's okay, you can still blame him for global warming!!:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, so let's make every thread repeating the same crap about a month long news story?

I didn't say that did I?

However when a thread starts with Kobe on a treadmill, followed by Heat fans are scared,
where do you think it is going to go?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think Bynum is "done" physically. I just think mentally he's done as was evident by this past season.

- Got knee surgery a couple weeks before training camp, while his season ended in May.
- I don't have a link, but apparently he's 30 pounds + over his playing weight. Not a good thing when you talk about degenerative knee issues.
- People, including Lakers fans, have always questioned his commitment to basketball.

Oden has the same issues as Bynum, there's no arguing that. I'm not going to try to sound like an idiot to convince you otherwise. His knee injury history is well documented.

However, he has lost significant weight which helps out as pointed out above. Multiple teams have scouted and pursued him after watching workouts (something Bynum refused to do). He did decent during the games he played which I'm not questioning his skill. The reason Hibbert was so effective was due to the Heat's size, or lack there of. If healthy, worse case scenario is that he's just another big body that could at least grab some rebounds from Hibbert because he was brought in for Chicago and Indiana (the latter more specifically).

I'm not trying to feed you that Oden will become the second coming of Kareem. His knees will not allow it. I'm 50/50 on how his knees will hold up. My medical experience which amounts to self research offers me no definite conclusion on how this story will conclude.

Keep in mind, I didn't say it was impossible for him to make a comeback, just that the odds are so heavily stacked against him that it's an overstatement to call him a weapon at this point. I think he's a crappy player right now with a mountain of work ahead of him. When he starts handling the up and down rigors of the NBA, competes, and stays healthy in the process then I'd be prone to stop laughing. Until then, calling him anything more than a project just seems over the top.

I'm sure the support from Heat fans help him out though.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that did I?

However when a thread starts with Kobe on a treadmill, followed by Heat fans are scared,
where do you think it is going to go?

I was hoping something besides why Dwight Howard left LA...like the Heat are going to crush LA and Kobe should stay in the bleachers this season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping something besides why Dwight Howard left LA...like the Heat are going to crush LA and Kobe should stay in the bleachers this season.

The least of the Lakers worries is the Heat.
Their focus should be on the Mavs, Pelicans, and T Wolves and possibly the Blazers in that all important chase for the 8 seed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you told me meant nothing. What I found on MY OWN changed my opinion.

Wasn't the point!!

I have no agenda. It is what it is!
Funny that none of you Laker fans had ever found that quote?

Can't speak for other Lakers fans, but I never looked!! I didn't have to!! I knew that Brown wasn't fired because Kobe glared at him!!

You act like I'm on some type of mission to blame Kobe
noidea.gif
. It's not the case.

I didn't have to post that quote about Brown , did I?

There was never any type of 'love' or harmony between Kobe and Howard.

Howard had options. He chose Harden over Kobe.

Nobody ever said Kobe was the sole reason he left, but he clearly was A reason.

You have no agenda yet you say that he chose Harden over Kobe!! He didn't!! He chose the Rockets over the Lakers!! Again, it's not about Kobe as much as you try to make it about Kobe!! And again, according to Dwight, Kobe was NOT part of his decision so he wasn't "A reason" !!

As far as who was in the meeting??? Who knows? But we DO know that Howard was, correct?

Why would he allow Buss to publicly lie about his demands?

I've already explained why he would do that!! Go back and re-read!!

That's okay, you can still blame him for global warming!!
lol2.gif

And please learn to use the quotebox!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden plays scared, ask Artest lol.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i see SOMEONE'S still using the spin cycle around here. typical...

and yes, enjoyed the anni, fellas. i'm sure Turnip missed me around here...:lol: