• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's be real on the NFC

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first major issue is the NFC West
As of now, LAR is first place on a tie-breaker but the Rams still have NE and have to go to Seattle. If Seattle were to beat LAR and lose at SF(because I do not see losses to NYJ and Washington), they will be 11-5. LAR can only tie Seattle in division record if they lose at Seattle. If both end up 11-5, then LAR has the tie-breaker on conference record. With that said, if Seattle finds itself needing to win in SF to win the division, they will. IF LAR loses to NE, then Seattle wins this division. Either way, the division winner is slated for the 3rd seed.

SF has one big game tonight against Buffalo. Should SF win tonight, they have an easier path until week 16. SF's last two division games will decide where they end up. If SF does not get swept by Arizona or Seattle, they should go 10-6. I was talking about a late run by SF all offseason and I can still be right. SF still has an inside track to the second spot in the NFC West pending LAR losing to NE.

When it comes to seeding, Seattle winning the division means LAR is either the 5 or 6 seed. They beat TB head to head but LAR has to sweep Arizona and beat NE to stay at 5. As for Seattle, TB has the complete advantage because they should win one more common game than Seattle unless they lose to Minnesota or Atlanta once.

Next, the NFC South and NO's prospects
TB completely lost out while Brees was out, and NO can lose three games the rest of the way and still win the NFC South. NO has done something no team in the NFC South has done before, win 5+ games in the division two years in a row. They may be the first NFC South team to complete a sweep, signifying what NO and Brees are in this division. It is highly looking like NO will be the top seed. I had them beating KC before the season and KC has been playing like crap lately.

This all means NO and TB could possibly meet a third time. TB could get the coveted 5 seed and face the Giants before going to NO, while LAR, Seattle, or SF end up on the road against whoever wins the division between Seattle and LAR. LAR losing week 16 could help them out two weeks later especially at home. I don't see Wilson losing a home division game however in the playoffs. I don't know if Wilson will even lose at LA in the playoffs. So NO would be best suited to face Seattle or LAR than TB who have all the ammo on them.

Now as for the last wild card
It appears SF is on track for it. Even a 9-7 record can get them in. The Vikings have 6 losses atm and have to face TB, NO, and Detroit on the road. There's no better time for Detroit to stop the bleeding against Minnesota than this year because they just did it to Chicago. They also have to play Chicago again. Minnesota I think is going 8-8 at most if they don't pull off a road upset.

That leaves Arizona, who have been losing out since week 10. They have SF and LAR the last two weeks. If they fall to 9-7, they could get the last wild card because they likely swept SF. But if they don't sweep SF, they could end up 8-8 unless they win in LA. But SF beating Seattle and Arizona kills all hope even if SF loses to Buffalo. Arizona is likely finishing no better than third in their division. None of these teams will beat the Packers, or even the Saints, in the wild card round.

NFC East
Once I realized the problems Dallas and Philadelphia were having, I started buying the Giants. Washington could upset the Steelers to give them their annual NFC loss and being plenty well more rested, but after the Giants went into Seattle and won, that doesn't matter. Giants just need to beat Cleveland and Dallas to take the NFC East. As for the Football Team, they need to sweep the Eagles to override the Giants sweep of them and that is if the Giants lose to Cleveland. Who knew the other two would be fighting for this division? Giants are better suited to face TB or LAR in the playoffs. The Football Team will get eaten up by either of them.

So, in a nut shell.

NO and GB will be the top two seeds, most likely in that order.
Arizona, SF, and LAR are in the mix for 7
SF, LAR, and Seattle are in the mix for 6
LAR and TB are in the mix for 5
LAR and Seattle are in the mix for 3 and the West

NO or GB will face TB, LAR, or Seattle as a 1 seed.
Seattle could host LAR, SF, or TB; or LAR could host Seattle
NYG or Washington could host LAR or TB.

No NFC North team is making the playoffs as a wild card.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Buccs, Vikings, Niners, in a home playoff game, in that order as a Giants fan

Niners are the only team that kicked the shit out of us this season, and I just have so much damn respect for Shanahan and that physical style of play

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams will win at least 3 of their remaining 4, barring some huge injury. Seattle could do the same, but will need to beat the Rams to get the tie breaker if they do go 3-1. Niners will not win out, nor will the Cardinals.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Buccs, Vikings, Niners, in a home playoff game, in that order as a Giants fan

Niners are the only team that kicked the shit out of us this season, and I just have so much damn respect for Shanahan and that physical style of play
I doubt it would be the Vikings Dirt. I can't see them realistically getting in due to their slow start and a tough schedule. If they do, it is likely as the 7 seed. Same with the Niners.
You guys are likely seeing Bucs, Seahawks, or maybe Rams.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it would be the Vikings Dirt. I can't see them realistically getting in due to their slow start and a tough schedule. If they do, it is likely as the 7 seed. Same with the Niners.
You guys are likely seeing Bucs, Seahawks, or maybe Rams.

think you’re right. Wouldn’t mind the Buccs, think we outplayed them already this season

Hawks and Rams scare me, despite our win yesterday, I know the Hawks are capable of looking like the best team in the NFC

Vikes/Buccs next week
Not a great matchup for the Vikes, not a defense that typically gives Brady trouble, and the Buccs stuff the run

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you’re right. Wouldn’t mind the Buccs, think we outplayed them already this season

Hawks and Rams scare me, despite our win yesterday, I know the Hawks are capable of looking like the best team in the NFC

Vikes/Buccs next week
Not a great matchup for the Vikes, not a defense that typically gives Brady trouble, and the Buccs stuff the run
If not for Daniel Jones' mistakes, you guys would have beat the Bucs handily, imo.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle ain’t shit

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment they certainly ain't. Russell Wilson played like Carson Wentz yesterday.

That is the problem, you aren't shit unless Wilson plays great. Wilson is having his prime years wasted by a shitty defense even after acquiring two pro bowl players. Guy isn't getting any younger.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the problem, you aren't shit unless Wilson plays great. Wilson is having his prime years wasted by a shitty defense even after acquiring two pro bowl players. Guy isn't getting any younger.
Ship Aaron Donald to the Seahawks then.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acquiring more defensive pro bowlers ain't helping. Besides he loves sacking Wilson and now midget Murray
That’d be perfect then, he’d be able to sack Wilson every day of practice

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much football to be played and such a logjam for some of the playoff spots I don't even know where to start and with who. The NFC West is a logjam, but I don't see Az coming out of it with a playoff spot. Kyler is hurt and it shows...the Rams appear to be playing the best ball right now, but San Fran just keeps fighting to stay in it...can't ever count out Seattle as there is never any quit from that team...so we'll see a battle right down to the last game is my guess....

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am certainly a nostra this year. Most of my predictions are playing out decently. It does not matter who the team beats, but the records against the divisions. I have five of six nailed in the AFC, picked Pittsburgh to win the AFC North and battle with KC for top two. The NFC is a little different but Seattle, GB, NO, and TB will be top four when the dust settles. Only difference is NO is winning their division and not TB. I of course missed on LAR and the NFC East.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am certainly a nostra this year. Most of my predictions are playing out decently. It does not matter who the team beats, but the records against the divisions. I have five of six nailed in the AFC, picked Pittsburgh to win the AFC North and battle with KC for top two. The NFC is a little different but Seattle, GB, NO, and TB will be top four when the dust settles. Only difference is NO is winning their division and not TB. I of course missed on LAR and the NFC East.

...except that the season isn't over yet, and some of your picks are fading fast

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so fast

1608657970164.png