• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets be humble champs

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we won the division this year. But lets not forget that the niners were nipping on our heels at the end of the season. And lets not forget that last year we finished 11-5 when the niners won the division at 11-4-1 (and we would have had the tiebreaker against the niners). Success can be very fleeting in the NFL and we may very well go one and out in the playoffs.

We should definitely be very proud of winning one of the toughest divisions the NFL has ever seen but without that Superbowl win, it'll all be for naught. I have never been more confident in my hawks than I am this year but crazier things have happened. I am just grateful to be able to sit back and watch everything play out.

To be able to watch the greatest season in the existence of a franchise is not something that happens very often. I plan on cherishing every second of this playoff season and I hope you all do as well. Cheers to possibly hoisting our first of many championship trophies!!

:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humble? We aren't even champs yet. I mean yes we won the division and technically that makes us division champs, but is that worth enough to gloat over?

When we have as many problems on offense as we do even having HFA doesn't mean we are on the way to anything more than the next home game. I'm not going to overlook any team. Every single team still left is dangerous enough to have made it there and could upset any team on the road.

We haven't reached our goals yet and the odds are against us that we will reach them at all.

What if we do make it all the way and win the big one? I'm sure I'll have a mix of humility and stuffing it back in the face of every single asshole who has pointed out ad nauseum that we shouldn't talk on a particular thread or topic because we haven't ever had a ring. But let's just get there first before we worry too much about how to act if we should somehow win the damned thing.

:suds:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We reached our pre-season goal of winning the division today. Moving forward into the post-season, the goal is to win the SB. Then we can call ourselves true champs!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC West this year was one of the toughest divisions the NFL has ever seen. Its quite an accomplishment to win the division

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC West this year was one of the toughest divisions the NFL has ever seen. Its quite an accomplishment to win the division

1) Yes it's an accomplishment, but not one worthy of gloating over.

2) The NFC west wasn't even the best division in football this year, more or less all time. The AFC West put 3 teams in the playoffs.

All we have done so far is put ourselves in the best position to make a deep run in the playoffs with a first round bye and home field advantage. That's it. It isn't enough to gloat over SF fans or anyone else as SF could still do better than us in the post season and what would that division title mean then?

I'm not trying to crap in anyone's corn flakes. I'm actually just agreeing that everyone should be humble because there really is nothing to gloat over yet.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) The NFC west wasn't even the best division in football this year, more or less all time. The AFC West put 3 teams in the playoffs.

All we have done so far is put ourselves in the best position to make a deep run in the playoffs with a first round bye and home field advantage. That's it. It isn't enough to gloat over SF fans or anyone else as SF could still do better than us in the post season and what would that division title mean then?

I'm not trying to crap in anyone's corn flakes. I'm actually just agreeing that everyone should be humble because there really is nothing to gloat over yet.
I disagree with #2. I know the Chiefs and Chargers got in behind the Broncos but the Chiefs were not as elite as their record made them out to. Look at who they played the first half. San Diego barely squeaked in and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of people who would pick them over the Cardinals right now. NFCW was still the best division in football

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the AFC West put 3 teams in the playoffs, but it's hardly the best division in football. It's hard to judge which division is the best by how many teams it put into the playoffs. The NFC was wide open and nothing was clinched until today and not to mention how stack the divisions are in the NFC.

Rarely do you see a division with 3 10+ wins team and 1 is missing the playoffs. I'll contend that the NFC West is the toughest and possibly the best.

If you want to be in the playoffs in the NFC as WC, you have to have at least 11 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can split hairs over it, but to blanketly say the NFC west this year is one of the GOAT when there is at least an argument that the AFC West was just as tough sort of makes that point whether they are ahead of us or just close to us.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC West 42 wins, AFC West 37 Wins. Yes the NFC West is > than the AFC West. The best possible winning number for games is 52 out of 64 for a division the NFC West had 42. That means going 10-0 out side the division and 3-3 inside it. If any Division could pull that off its the NFC West not the AFC West.

As far as our season goes it wasn't the greatest season ever, as they only tied the best mark in the Hawks history and this offense was not as good as the 2005 offense that lead the league. We have issues on offense and a lot of question marks that need to be answered. The Offense has not looked good for over a month in my eyes and that win we had against the Giants doesn't count in my eyes. We have not looked good and have struggled mightily on 3rd downs in the last 6 games. Issues and we need answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005 Seahawks didn't have the defense the 2013 Seahawks have and it's not even close... But they did have the best O-line in football and a juggernaut of and offense. 2013 Hawks are built on defense... But if were gonna reach our ultimate goal our offense is gonna need to improve.. Good news is they can, because we've seen them play at a higher level...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the NFC West is a huge accomplishment, along with HFA, given how tough the Cardinals and Rams are and they didn't even make the playoffs. I congratulate the Hawks for a great season and getting HFA which is huge. I still think because of that you guys are the favorites to get to the Super Bowl, and you know what, if you win the Super Bowl, then yes, you can join the club and rub it in the face of every one of us that brought it up in the trash talking thread or otherwise, enjoy it for a few months, then get ready for next season! Anyway, seriously, congratulations. My hope is that that with Crabtree returning, that the 49ers offense is gearing up for the playoffs finally, and that Kaepernick's improved play will just get better. Should be a great playoffs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the NFC West is a huge accomplishment, along with HFA, given how tough the Cardinals and Rams are and they didn't even make the playoffs. I congratulate the Hawks for a great season and getting HFA which is huge. I still think because of that you guys are the favorites to get to the Super Bowl, and you know what, if you win the Super Bowl, then yes, you can join the club and rub it in the face of every one of us that brought it up in the trash talking thread or otherwise, enjoy it for a few months, then get ready for next season! Anyway, seriously, congratulations. My hope is that that with Crabtree returning, that the 49ers offense is gearing up for the playoffs finally, and that Kaepernick's improved play will just get better. Should be a great playoffs.

Thanks for the props… No guarantees in life let alone the NFL playoffs… It's always good to give yourself the best position if possible and we gave ourselves that opportunity… But for me once bitten twice shy.. We could make it to the championship and the refs can decide whatever the hell they want with all the ridiculous call's they make that impact games… Honestly losing fairly I'm ok with you live to play another day.. BUT being @#^# over you can't take anything from that other than you got done wrong move along now… Pro sports really has to watch out with all the betting and Vegas odds going on … It's big money and that always leads to corruption…. That shiat worries me more than any team Seattle will face… It should worry any NFL fan really..

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to gloat but we know what "Other" fans would be doing right now.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a little light hearted chest thumping is that big of a deal. There's just too many angry people on this site with no sense of humor that take this crap way too personally. I can understand being down on your own team, but the venom that some of these people have for their rivals is ridiculous. At first we were paper champs. Now we're NFC West champs tied with the best record in football. I am tempted to pull up some of the week 1 threads lol'ing at the Seahawks for struggling against Carolina on the road. That ended up being our biggest win of the year considering who it was against and where it was.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Niners/Hawks are better than Broncos/Chiefs. The Cards are definitely better than the Chargers and the Rams are about 8 times better than the Raiders.

Anyways, congrats on the division title. The one nice thing about it that you don't always see is that everyone recognizes how good Seattle is. "Seahawks v Broncos" is all you hear lately in Super Bowl chatter.

It's a lot of pressure now though....anything less than a Super Bowl win (I suppose you could argue a Super Bowl loss) will be consider "choking".

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle finished the season leading the NFL in points allowed per game (14.4), total yards allowed (273.6), yards passing allowed (172.0), interceptions (28) and turnover margin (plus 20). Seattle is the third team since the merger to lead the league in interceptions and yards passing allowed. The previous two reached the Super Bowl.

BeastHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else noticed the huge shift in the balance of power in the NFL to the west? Both NFC and AFC West divisions were the dominant divisions this season. I wonder what the old school East coast biased sports media are making of this.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle finished the season leading the NFL in points allowed per game (14.4), total yards allowed (273.6), yards passing allowed (172.0), interceptions (28) and turnover margin (plus 20). Seattle is the third team since the merger to lead the league in interceptions and yards passing allowed. The previous two reached the Super Bowl.

That's a nice stat…

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else noticed the huge shift in the balance of power in the NFL to the west? Both NFC and AFC West divisions were the dominant divisions this season. I wonder what the old school East coast biased sports media are making of this.

The AFC West has more to do with them playing the horrible AFC South and NFC East during the season, but the NFC West is tough. Next year the AFC West has to play the NFC West and AFC East, I bet the winner of their division will be 9-7 at best next year.