• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

leighton on re-entry waivers

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a hiatus from work to focus on my playoff beard.... Although at the rate we have been playing I might not get much more than 5 o'clock shadow...

And just so we are clear, I have a man-crush on BOB, since I think I was the first one to mention him last summer.

Go BOB!

Well I guess you should know I cant stand him, but Bouch has lost my trust recently.

Glad to have you here for playoff time.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He would still have to clear waivers in the playoffs. It is just unlikely he is claimed then. ALso, there are no cap issues in the playoffs, but he fits, so there is no reason not to get him in the locker room I would imagine.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton cleared waivers. Reports to Flyers this afternoon.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUpposed to Start on Friday...

I read that too. WTF?!? Maybe Lavy thinks it will be a wake up call to the team or something. I really don't get it. I guess it's worth a try because the team isn't responding to anything else.

cjs182848

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this is what it takes for them to finally wake up then I'm all for it. Really, what's it going to take? It's to the point where i'm not even pissed watching anymore.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it.. all last season i said the team just seemed to play better in front of leighton.. he wasn't a better goalie than emery, or boosh, or caron, or the graduated college kid, or the fish that resides in my fish tank, but the team played better in front of him, hands down.

and he has played well in the minors.. not enough to explode fluids all over the place like ander has been doing about his numbers.. but he has played well..

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it.. all last season i said the team just seemed to play better in front of leighton.. he wasn't a better goalie than emery, or boosh, or caron, or the graduated college kid, or the fish that resides in my fish tank, but the team played better in front of him, hands down.

and he has played well in the minors.. not enough to explode fluids all over the place like ander has been doing about his numbers.. but he has played well..

It'll be funny if he plays Friday and they finally get their first shutout of the season.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be funny if he plays Friday and they finally get their first shutout of the season.

That would be awesome. This is the longest into a season, that I can remember, where we haven't had a single shutout.

I've been riding Bob's jock all year, but Leights should play the last two games -- no reason not to see what he's got.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned that this could upset the goalie chemistry that we have...and its not like they've been playing bad of late. My guess is that Lavy wants to give this team a slap kind of like when you pull the goalie when everyone knows its not his fault...hopefully the players get it.

But now who the fuck do I take in the playoff pool??? I was having a hard time figuring out who would play in net and now there are 3 possible goalies...fuuuuuccckkkk...haha!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team plays better in front of Leighton. I don't know why, they just do. So maybe playing him is the kick in the junk they need to wake up. It's just a shame they called him up so late. If the team comes out flying and thoroughly demolished the Sabres like they should, is it because of Leighton or has the team turned the corner? Only way to find out is to send Bobrovsky, who the team sucks in front of, out on Saturday. And then you have to ask, is the team crushing the Islanders because they turned the corner or because they're playing a bad ECHL team? If only they had another game.

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FYI - Doing some research into Bob the Goalie...

In his last 10 games - INCLUDING the Washington game - Bob has a 2.30 GAA and a .924 Save %.

[If you miraculously remove the WAS game he is 2.06/.933]

Since January 1, Bob has a 2.46 GAA and a .920 Save %.

Thought it was interesting to see how well he has played per the numbers. Although numbers never tell the whole story.

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob since Jan 1: 2.46 / .920
Bouch since Jan 1: 2.54 / .913

Bob since March 7 [the past month]: 2.30 / .924
Bouch since March 7: 2.95 / .893

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - Doing some research into Bob the Goalie...

In his last 10 games - INCLUDING the Washington game - Bob has a 2.30 GAA and a .924 Save %.

[If you miraculously remove the WAS game he is 2.06/.933]

Since January 1, Bob has a 2.46 GAA and a .920 Save %.

Thought it was interesting to see how well he has played per the numbers. Although numbers never tell the whole story.

Bob since Jan 1: 2.46 / .920
Bouch since Jan 1: 2.54 / .913

Bob since March 7 [the past month]: 2.30 / .924
Bouch since March 7: 2.95 / .893

He was red hot in January, and it's throwing off the numbers big time. February he posted 2.66 and .909, March was 2.59 and .915, and April is 2.90 and .913. He's horribly inconsistent, the team doesn't respond in front of him, and he still has not stolen a single game for the team all year, as evidenced by his 4 wins during that stretch, 3 of which came against non-playoff teams.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are telling us that Bob didn't steal that game against the oilers when they had 42 shots in the 2nd and 3rd periods? How about the stars game after that? Besides .909, .915 and .913 are decent numbers for any goalie never mind when the team stinks in front of you and please don't try to tell us that the team in general has been playing well. You also can't magically write off a players good numbers to make him look bad...haha!

If anything these numbers tell me that they're not worried about Bob they're worried about Bouch...hence Leights call up. If Bob falters they want to know they have a back up playing well as there's no margin for error this year its cup or bust!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are telling us that Bob didn't steal that game against the oilers when they had 42 shots in the 2nd and 3rd periods? How about the stars game after that? Besides .909, .915 and .913 are decent numbers for any goalie never mind when the team stinks in front of you and please don't try to tell us that the team in general has been playing well. You also can't magically write off a players good numbers to make him look bad...haha!

If anything these numbers tell me that they're not worried about Bob they're worried about Bouch...hence Leights call up. If Bob falters they want to know they have a back up playing well as there's no margin for error this year its cup or bust!

Couple things.

1.) The Oilers had 25 shots all game. What the hell are you talking about?

2.) .909, .915, and .913 are only decent if you're including all goalies in the league. They're downright mediocre when talking about starting goalies. Among goalies with at least 40 games this year, Thomas, Rinne, Luongo, Hiller, Ward, Price, Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, Vokoun, Niemi, Quick, Fleury, Crawford, Lehtonen, Pavelec, and Backstrom all have season sv% over .915. That 16 starting goalies in the league better than .915. (17 if you include Reimer and his 36 starts, which don't meet my completely arbitrary criteria) .915 is mediocre, and obviously .913 and .909 are worse.

I don't unnecessarily bash Bobrovsky anymore, but when his nuthuggers try to make him out to be an above average goalie in the league, I will bash him. The only thing you want out of your goalie in consistency, and Bobrovsky is quite possibly more inconsistent than a young MAF.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry mixed up the shots but the oil had 24 shots in the 2nd and 3rd periods as the rest of the team fell asleep...it just came to mind but he won them that game. I don't have a hard on for Bob but at the same time I can't stand when someone rips him a new hole for playing pretty decently as a rookie its simply uncalled for.

.915 mediocre? I have disagree with you on that its a pretty solid season for the rookie...again why rip the guy for decent numbers especially when the team simply hasn't played that well in front of him. If you use Bouch's numbers it looks like Bob's held his own IMO....if anything this teams inconsistent which doesn't help the goalie you can't just fault one player that's being very biased.