• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lee getting traded?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conveniently scratched from tomorrow's start for a "stiff neck." Guess they don't want him getting hurt while they try to work out a trade...

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like lee, but it would benefit the phils greatly to trade him. i think we've all come to realize.. no one player is worth this type of money. all it takes is an injury, a bad stretch, a bad year, some random issues and it blows up in your face horribly.

i'm still sticking with LA as the best place. they have a crowded outfield and great prospect in joc pederson. they have the money to take in most, if not all, of lee's contract. they're on a major roll and look like the the best bet to win the division. they want him, they need him. a good GM would take them to the cleaners. even a mediocre one like amaro could still do heavy damage.

they wanted him last year as well, putting a claim on him. amaro should be demanding and play super hard ball. pederson, a reliever, 2 other decent prospects and make LA pay most of the contract. if they don't want to? fuck em' .. they are the ones who want him bad. give them the "it's this way or nothing" pitch and let them sweat until wednesday night.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm ok with them trading everybody, excluding brown...i'd probably like to keep revere as well, but that arm of his is the weakest i've ever seen. in a crucial situation he could really hurt us.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. He really does have a stiff neck. They won't trade Lee or Paps. The Phillies have 1/2 their games, 29/59 vs NY, ATL, and WSH plus 6 vs MIA.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol! jvett, seriously one of these days you need to stop with this nonsense. the phils have zero chance of making the playoffs with the current team. actually if you haven't looked recently, the mets are about to pass the phils in the standings...and you talk about playing them as if it is a good thing?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is complete bullshit that the FREAKIN' METS are about to pass us. Man, I am too pissed right now to say anything decent about Mr. brain-dead!!!

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I followed Cliff Lee when he was with the Tribe. He played through injuries, if anything, to a fault. Stiff neck wouldn't stop Lee. No, the Phillies held out some hope that there would be interest in Lee, that some team would trade the farm for him, and that Lee wouldn't nix the deal. Worth a try, I suppose.

So they have Cliff to try and make a run, but i see they are 1-9 in the last 10 games. Heck, the Rockies have a better record.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You Ruben, you continue to be an embarrassment to all GM's! Thanks for keeping the farm barren and the big club overpaid and old, sweet! We are so close I can smell it!