• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBs

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I thought we were whipped in the trenches on botH siDes of the ball. With exceptIon of Lee though, does any of our LBs ever do anything. Maybe I'm wrong, but when Hitchens got beat on the wheel route, it was like that was the first time I had seen him in a month. MCClain seems two steps slower this year as well.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this defense misses the 2014 version of Bruce Carter. I could be wrong, JMO.

I wonder how Carter is doing?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are u talking about Durant?? Carter made a play Or 2 for the Bucs yesterday. The Bucs aren't that bad. Winston made some great throws that Evans just dropped.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are u talking about Durant?? Carter made a play Or 2 for the Bucs yesterday. The Bucs aren't that bad. Winston made some great throws that Evans just dropped.

No, I am talking about Bruce Carter. He was excellent in pass coverage last year, and was probably the best athlete on the entire defense last year. The wheel route that Hitchens got burned on probably doesn't happen against 2014 Bruce Carter.

Wanna talk about not forcing turnovers this year? Bruce Carter had 5 or 6 picks last year...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I thought we were whipped in the trenches on botH siDes of the ball. With exceptIon of Lee though, does any of our LBs ever do anything. Maybe I'm wrong, but when Hitchens got beat on the wheel route, it was like that was the first time I had seen him in a month. MCClain seems two steps slower this year as well.
As soon as Lee went out, the entire game changed. The Eagles just started throwing to RB's vs lost in coverage LB's and went up and down the field at will

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep CArter did make plays

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to here this but, when Lee went down last night I was wondering about his future. I think the narrative on Lee might end up being this guy would have been great but he couldn't stay Healthy.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to here this but, when Lee went down last night I was wondering about his future. I think the narrative on Lee might end up being this guy would have been great but he couldn't stay Healthy.

That is the narrative, right now. Lee hasn't played a full season of football since his freshman year of college. Great player, but his body isn't cut out for the rigors of a football season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But damn what a friggin great player he is when healthy...not good...GREAT

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Sanders was too. / I thought he got dinged early when Sproles hit him head on, but he kept playing

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders was very good, but nowhere near the player Lee is. Sanders was a risk taker. Made the big play and blew a lot of coverages and missed tackles too by being too aggressive. Lee makes the big play and also seldom makes any mistakes.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders was very good, but nowhere near the player Lee is. Sanders was a risk taker. Made the big play and blew a lot of coverages and missed tackles too by being too aggressive. Lee makes the big play and also seldom makes any mistakes.

Kinda comparing Apples and Oranges - just a little. Lee is a great player when healthy, but I wouldn't sell pre-injury Sanders short (pun intended :drum:). Sanders has a very well deserved DPOY award. At this rate Lee won't ever play in enough games to even garner that sort of consideration. Part of being a great player is being available.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda comparing Apples and Oranges - just a little. Lee is a great player when healthy, but I wouldn't sell pre-injury Sanders short (pun intended :drum:). Sanders has a very well deserved DPOY award. At this rate Lee won't ever play in enough games to even garner that sort of consideration. Part of being a great player is being available.
And part of winning the DPOY award is getting on sports center...The biggest injustice in the history of that award was Woodson over Revis...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And part of winning the DPOY award is getting on sports center...The biggest injustice in the history of that award was Woodson over Revis...

I don't see how that disqualifies Bob Sanders from being a great player at one time...? You said Lee and Sanders aren't even close as players. I disagree and maintain that their impacts for their respective teams were similar, even though it's not a direct comparison as they played very different positions. How does Sanders making flashy plays and ending up on sports center disqualify what I have said?

I agree that Revis was the more deserving player over Woodson, but Woodson still had a great year and had a tremendous impact on the field. Showing one example of where one player was slighted over another for the award doesn't invalidate Sanders' accomplishment one bit - a player has to be great to even be in the conversation for the award. Sean Lee has never even been in the conversation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how that disqualifies Bob Sanders from being a great player at one time...?

I didn't say it did.

You said Lee and Sanders aren't even close as players.

They aren't

I disagree and maintain that their impacts for their respective teams were similar, even though it's not a direct comparison as they played very different positions. How does Sanders making flashy plays and ending up on sports center disqualify what I have said?

It doesn't and I didn't say it did. You think Sanders is better or as good, OK. I don't. Is that not also OK?

I agree that Revis was the more deserving player over Woodson, but Woodson still had a great year and had a tremendous impact on the field. Showing one example of where one player was slighted over another for the award doesn't invalidate Sanders' accomplishment one bit - a player has to be great to even be in the conversation for the award. Sean Lee has never even been in the conversation.

Never said it did. Don't even get your angle on any of this to be honest. No, IMO, Sanders can't hold Lee's jock. That's all I'm saying. I liked Sanders. Think he was good and exciting, but not great, but never said it was because of the reason you are alluding too.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken Sanders over any Safety in the league, including Reed and Palamalou. I can't say the same for Lee at LB

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early word sounds like Lee is a no go for Sunday. Not really a surprise.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta feeling we either blow them out or they beat us pretty close. I think Sunday night took a lot out of our team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken Sanders over any Safety in the league, including Reed and Palamalou. I can't say the same for Lee at LB
Not even the slightest chance I would take him over either of those two

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comparison to Sanders and Lee was more about their style of play and injury proneness. I never meant for it to be who is better than the other. They both play or played with reckless abandon and paid the price numerous times. In saying that I maintain my belief that Sanders was a better safety when healthy than Lee is a LB. I would go as far as to say just the opposite of what you said in that Sanders was great and Lee is very good. Of course this is all opinion based , so it really doesn't matter I think.