• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Draft of the Year.............The Too Many Damn Rules League

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if it wasn't for the phone issues (we're in Idaho, the rest of the league is in California) this would have been pretty cool (was cool anyway). So, here are the rules and the starting requirements. Start 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K and 1D. Roster requirements are 3QB,5RB,5WE,2TE,2K and 2D for a total 19 roster spots with 3 (totally unnecessary IMO) IR spots. We keep 1 in the round that they were drafted in (team was bad, I kept Diggs in the 19th as he was a WW pick up last year). Final rule (that I can think of anyway) is that the season ends week 17 and Playoffs start week 18 and end with the Conference Championship Games. Basically, there is a lot of strategy involved (I guess) but me, I mostly drafted a team that I thought would win some games first, then went with the assumption that I would make the playoffs. Anyway, this is what I ended up with. Oh yeah, it's a $150 buy in..........

QB Rivers
RB Elliott
RB McCoy
WR Bryant
WR Marshall
TE Kelce
K Bailey
D Cinci

Giant assed Bench
QB Taylor
QB Smith
RB Gore
RB Ajayi
RB DLewis
WR Maclin
WR Hogan
WR Diggs
TE JThomas
K Aguayo
D Browns

I like this team and di reach for a couple of guys because of the playoff situation, but figured shit, you have to get there first right (Brandon Marshall in the 4th round, was crazy IMO)? Lewis will go straight to IR and I'll grab another RB off the wire.

@averagejoe , I know you seemed interested when I told yoose guise about this league, so what do you think?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
liked your draft
elliot, mccoy, marshall, dez, should be a great core.
I'd prob try to cuff elliot with Alf when you send dion to IR

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if it wasn't for the phone issues (we're in Idaho, the rest of the league is in California) this would have been pretty cool (was cool anyway). So, here are the rules and the starting requirements. Start 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K and 1D. Roster requirements are 3QB,5RB,5WE,2TE,2K and 2D for a total 19 roster spots with 3 (totally unnecessary IMO) IR spots. We keep 1 in the round that they were drafted in (team was bad, I kept Diggs in the 19th as he was a WW pick up last year). Final rule (that I can think of anyway) is that the season ends week 17 and Playoffs start week 18 and end with the Conference Championship Games. Basically, there is a lot of strategy involved (I guess) but me, I mostly drafted a team that I thought would win some games first, then went with the assumption that I would make the playoffs. Anyway, this is what I ended up with. Oh yeah, it's a $150 buy in..........

QB Rivers
RB Elliott
RB McCoy
WR Bryant
WR Marshall
TE Kelce
K Bailey
D Cinci

Giant assed Bench
QB Taylor
QB Smith
RB Gore
RB Ajayi
RB DLewis
WR Maclin
WR Hogan
WR Diggs
TE JThomas
K Aguayo
D Browns

I like this team and di reach for a couple of guys because of the playoff situation, but figured shit, you have to get there first right (Brandon Marshall in the 4th round, was crazy IMO)? Lewis will go straight to IR and I'll grab another RB off the wire.

@averagejoe , I know you seemed interested when I told yoose guise about this league, so what do you think?
Hmm maybe while this monstrosity (not your line up) jams up the ol brain waves I'll sent ya a trade offer in the Barbarians and take advantage of your distracted genius :D

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really the name of the league?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you seemed interested when I told yoose guise about this league, so what do you think?
:thumb:
Nice looking team.
I know you said that this is a rebuilding year and weren't thinking playoffs, but you do have some players that will be playing in weeks 18 and 19 IMO.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really the name of the league?
Lol.........no, but I decided to step out for a smoke during the rules meeting...........found out today they passed another rule while I was out there and I damn sure would have voted no. New rule??? If a player is suspended you can place him on IR.............WTF?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.........no, but I decided to step out for a smoke during the rules meeting...........found out today they passed another rule while I was out there and I damn sure would have voted no. New rule??? If a player is suspended you can place him on IR.............WTF?

Haha smoking is hazardous...to your fantasy football team. ;)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:
Nice looking team.
I know you said that this is a rebuilding year and weren't thinking playoffs, but you do have some players that will be playing in weeks 18 and 19 IMO.
Thanks Joe. The only thing I didn't think to cover was a late round keeper............so I nabbed Howard off the wire when I put Lewis on IR.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your roster, your starters get you to the playoffs, then your bench got to carry you once the playoffs come around, because a lot your starters are not on teams likely to be in the NFL playoffs. Lot of stradegy in building a roster in this league. Think it's crap they pass a rule like that, when someone is out of the room for 5 minutes. Shitty rule to begin with.
Good luck :suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your roster, your starters get you to the playoffs, then your bench got to carry you once the playoffs come around, because a lot your starters are not on teams likely to be in the NFL playoffs. Lot of stradegy in building a roster in this league. Think it's crap they pass a rule like that, when someone is out of the room for 5 minutes. Shitty rule to begin with.
Thanks man.............don't laugh too hard but I think the Cowboys win the division and go to the playoffs...........and hopefully the Chiefs too..............Steelers and Packers were not cheap BTW

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should just let this thread die, but I have to just post this. Just grabbed Mart Bryant off the wire along with Karlos and stuck them on IR.........if Karlos landed in a good spot he could be a keeper in the 19th round and if Bryant was to get his shit together he is for sure a keeper there at 19

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just decided to bump this cuz I know yoose guise will laugh yer asses off.................so I stayed up and watched the whole game last night cuz the team I was playing had Sturgis and I had a 16 point lead. When I went to bed I had thought I won by 3 points...........wake up this morning, still a 3 point victory................text the other owner of my team this afternoon saying "Hey, we won". She texts back saying no we didn't. Come to find out that if yer D has less points scored against them than the other team, you get 6 points..............fucking stupid and I'm not gonna waste money on this league next year.....................FUCK

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just decided to bump this cuz I know yoose guise will laugh yer asses off.................so I stayed up and watched the whole game last night cuz the team I was playing had Sturgis and I had a 16 point lead. When I went to bed I had thought I won by 3 points...........wake up this morning, still a 3 point victory................text the other owner of my team this afternoon saying "Hey, we won". She texts back saying no we didn't. Come to find out that if yer D has less points scored against them than the other team, you get 6 points..............fucking stupid and I'm not gonna waste money on this league next year.....................FUCK

I think there are too many damn rules in this league. :pound:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3