• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Laroche retires

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy that he left 13 million on the table. Huge break for the sox but hopefully whatever family issues aren't too serious

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy that he left 13 million on the table. Huge break for the sox but hopefully whatever family issues aren't too serious

"personal reasons" can be more than family related. i would guess it's more baseball related. i think he wants out because he knows he can't play anymore, his wife hates living in chicago and he has an ongoing knee problem. he's a millionaire many times over and decided not to stick around just to steal another $13 M from the sox and embarrass himself more than he did last season.

personally i am overjoyed at this news. i like a guy who isn't so greedy that he has to squeeze every last ounce of money he possibly can at the cost of the team. so i say ... good for him! wouldn't it have been nice if dunn had done this after his 2nd year?
also, this is very good for the sox, and altho they're still handicapped by a terrible front office and manager, at least they MAY come up with a better solution for the dh position now.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the 'reasons' are now coming to light. what's funny is that even tho the roach seemed ok with it and the sox f.o. seemed ok with it .... everybody else is going crazy over it.
to the point of chris sale actually calling for the firing of kenny williams. WOW!
this should be interesting. i gotta think now that one of those two will not be with the team for long. but who? we may find out how strong reinsdork's loyalty to kw is very soon now.

personally i think williams is gone. i've been wishing for this for over 5 years now. it's also possible sale is gone too. if they get some good stuff for him this really wouldn't bother me much. i felt since last year that his real value to this team is in what he could bring. they still aren't close to competing imo.

in any case, the roach leaving will help the club a little.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more i think about this the more i tend to think chris and eaton (who has also been shooting his mouth off) are so wrong to say anything. that this team wants so badly to have an old inferior player on the team tells me they don't have what it takes to win. they want him because they like him! they are just like reinsdork and his 'loyalty' crap. this happening was a godsend to the sox and yet they're going to brood now because poor old roach isn't going to be around. how professional.

just another reason this team needs to be sold to some serious baseball people. people who actually want to win .... not just make friends. sell it ... trash the front office completely get rid of the worthless manager they all just love and start the F over!

worse time ever to be a sox fan. :gaah:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Kenny and for some reason I feel bad for him in this situation. Sale is an amazing talent but a grade A jackass. He Has shown it on numerous occasions the previous 2 seasons. Meltdown in Detroit over someone supposedly stealing signs and then trying to get in the kc clubhouse to fight. Grow the f up dude. Hmmm I wonder why a player would go to management a complain and not deal with this great clubhouse you speak of Chris. Entire story is a joke.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

heh! well, his heart is in the right place tho i doubt any player would do much more than roll their eyes at this open letter. they WILL not see it the way it really is. they aren't much more than kids themselves. i think the majority of this is over now but i would guess there will still be repercussions. i think it's less likely than i thought earlier that kenny will be fired. as much as i dislike the way he operates he bears no fault in this instance at all.
sale and eaton however? ... wouldn't bother me at all if they were both traded at the earliest convenience.

sale will never be worth more than he is right now! ridiculously cheap contract, about ready to come into his prime, and better than all but 2 or 3 other pitchers in the game. what do you think he might bring to a team that he would make a real serious contender out of?

eaton may also be at the peak of his value. not sure what the situation is with his arm, but i got to believe he'd bring a nice return.

i know lots of fans would think this is absurd but you need to take a good look at this team. it's not worth much to have 2 of the best players in the game if they're surrounded by question marks. no catchers, no dh, not a strong bp, weak starters after #3, no right fielder, no manager ...... good teams aren't built like this and they aren't going anyplace even with a top pitcher. sale alone could shore up 2 or 3 of these positions.
personally i hope they pull the trigger.