• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Landers v Penguins GNT

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the worst officiated hockey games I've seen in a long time.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a great game, but I'll take the W

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnson HAS to start tomorrow, and hopefully until he loses a game...

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While talking about Letang's hits, has anybody else noticed that he's really improved physically this year? He goes to hit somebody and I expect him to just bounce off but instead he knocks them to the ice. Tanger's been hitting the gym, working on his technique, or both, but it really shows.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While talking about Letang's hits, has anybody else noticed that he's really improved physically this year? He goes to hit somebody and I expect him to just bounce off but instead he knocks them to the ice. Tanger's been hitting the gym, working on his technique, or both, but it really shows.

oh yeah. Tanger has looked much more physical. I hope he keeps it up.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not that it matters, but if it wasn't for Letestu, the Pens wouldn't of scored either of the first two goals, and he was not a star of the game. Again, it matters not in the big picture... but for a young guy, I'm sure it would feel good to be recognized for your hard work.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters, but if it wasn't for Letestu, the Pens wouldn't of scored either of the first two goals, and he was not a star of the game. Again, it matters not in the big picture... but for a young guy, I'm sure it would feel good to be recognized for your hard work.

agreed...he looks like the only guy on the team that shows up for every shift of every game so far

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed...he looks like the only guy on the team that shows up for every shift of every game so far

And it's so nice to see Letestu be rewarded for his hard work that he gets demoted to the 4th line. Yet, Bylsma continues to let Comrie play in a top 6 role.

Go work for Daddy selling furniture and get on with your lifes work.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penguins needed 8 stinking powerplays to finally get a goal. PATHETIC!!
The officiating SUCKED. However somebody within the Penguins org. needs to let Matt Cooke know that if he hits a goalie it's an AUTOMATIC penalty. The Refs are looking for it & obviously aren't messing around.

I can't stand the Pens announcers. They are without a doubt the biggest HOMERS in the entire league.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penguins needed 8 stinking powerplays to finally get a goal. PATHETIC!!
The officiating SUCKED. However somebody within the Penguins org. needs to let Matt Cooke know that if he hits a goalie it's an AUTOMATIC penalty. The Refs are looking for it & obviously aren't messing around.

I can't stand the Pens announcers. They are without a doubt the biggest HOMERS in the entire league.

you have to admit that this was on BOTH sides of the puck. There was a bad call on Engelland with 2.5 minutes left in the 3rd, and then a phantom hook on the Isles in OT. Beyond that there were just some crappy calls (really the icing on the cake was the Letang call combined with no call right at the end of the penalty which lead to the second goal). And yes, Matt Cooke played like an idiot last night...complete idiot.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It was bad on both sides. When I first saw the Letang hit I thought it was a head shot. When I saw the replay I realized it was a clean hit. The question is will the league allow instant replays on those hits? Right now it's not happening. It might take away from the flow of the game a bit but I certainly think it's something to look into.

I think the Penguins are making a big mistake by putting Malkin on the wing. They should put him back at center & leave him their.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It was bad on both sides. When I first saw the Letang hit I thought it was a head shot. When I saw the replay I realized it was a clean hit. The question is will the league allow instant replays on those hits? Right now it's not happening. It might take away from the flow of the game a bit but I certainly think it's something to look into.

I think the Penguins are making a big mistake by putting Malkin on the wing. They should put him back at center & leave him their.

It's risk vs. reward moving Malkin back to center. He is absolutely horrible at face-offs. But, having him on the wing kind of cuts down on the space he has to work with on the ice.

It was a very poorly officiated game, the Letang penalty was inexcusable. And, i agree that Cooke needs to realize that running into the goalie will get you called, but Ricky acted like someone shot his ass on the second interference penalty, and the contact occurred outside of the blue paint, as well.