• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ladies and Gentlemen

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you see anything different in his game now that he wasn't doing before? His preparation seems to be the same. Just wondering how he has done a 180? It's like a different guy now.

I think the only rational explanation would be witchcraft. Simply put, he just isnt letting in as many goals. I cant explain it any other way. :L

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confidence does wonders people.

I hope he continues to play this way. With solid goaltending this team is a serious threat against anyone

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the new pads im sure of it.

I agree that's part of it.

kind of funny how he has picked it up since the arrival of Kubina and Grossmann.Wonder if the 2 of them threatened bodily harm if he made them look bad? jk

It is amazing how well the Flyers have been playing through these constant injuries and roster changes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that's part of it.

kind of funny how he has picked it up since the arrival of Kubina and Grossmann.Wonder if the 2 of them threatened bodily harm if he made them look bad? jk

It is amazing how well the Flyers have been playing through these constant injuries and roster changes.

The defense playing much better and blocking a LOT more shots since the arrival of new Dmen is definately a big part opf it also.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense playing much better and blocking a LOT more shots since the arrival of new Dmen is definately a big part opf it also.

Bryz looks like a different more confident goalie. He is no longer looking behind him on every shot.:clap2:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz looks like a different more confident goalie. He is no longer looking behind him on every shot.:clap2:

I think with the d playing better helps the forwards get back and cover up more in the defensive zone where as the trailer and the cross ice pass has been eliminated lately where most of the goals were coming from so bryz can play more confidently against the original shooter and not think about anyone else getting a shot from the opposite side of the net. we dont run around our defensive zone so much anymore with the addition of kubina and grossmann.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four things:

1. Better defense. We aren't allowing guys to hang out for back door passes and rebound tap ins. We are also blocking more shots so Bryz doesn't even have to make saves some times. And on the few recent chances when Bryz is scrambling, our D has made some great plays (see Gustafsson last night).

2. As a result of 1, Bryz is more able to focus on the initial shot and let the defense clean up the garbage rather than feeling like he has to cover the shooter and the rebound.

3. Better five hole coverage. Bryz has really tightened up between the pads, and it shows. Fewer in-tight goals, and while he's still letting them have the top of the net, it's REALLY hard to elevate it up there on a regular basis. Playing the odds is how you become consistent as a goalie. Proof of this: last night, a Panther got the puck in front of the net with no D coverage. Bryz went for the poke check, missed, and the Panther went five hole, which Bryz still stopped without his stick in position. He then gave up a rebound to the shooter, who slid glove side, but Bryz slid with him and stacked pad and glove to make another save. Taking away the bottom of the net in tight? BRILLIANT!

4. Luck. I haven't seen too many goals go off of the D's skates or crazy weird double deflections in a while. The first few months of the season it seemed like anything that got deflected would beat Bryz; more recently we've not seen as many of those really lucky low glove side turned high stick side deflections. Also, Bryz is still vulnerable to being beaten high in tight, like I said in 3. But nobody's really been capitalizing on it yet. Take what you can get.

I really like the emotion Bryz has been showing recently, and the support he's been getting from the D. I don't think he's the best goalie ever or that he's necessarily worth the contract (it's a HUGE contract), but if he plays like he has been the rest of the year and the playoffs we could make a real run. If he plays like he has been for the rest of the contract then while it still might not be a good contract, at least it'll accomplish what it was meant to - some goalie consistency.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created my avatar on February 8th, 2012.