• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ladarius Webb?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And Rogers is 32. Webb is 25.

Well he'll be 31 in July, but your point is still valid.

The rook would be 21 or 22. You gotta pick your poison. Youth & inexperience + an aging vetaran or only filling one position VS 2 + signing a bigger contract. I'd go with the former.

If I had to pick between Webb & Wallace I'd take Wallace.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he'll be 31 in July, but your point is still valid.

The rook would be 21 or 22. You gotta pick your poison. Youth & inexperience + an aging vetaran or only filling one position VS 2 + signing a bigger contract. I'd go with the former.

If I had to pick between Webb & Wallace I'd take Wallace.

I'd go Wallace if we had an established QB. Webb is a playmaker and an excellent cover corner who'll lock up one side of the field for the next 7 or 8 years. I'll take that over any rook we can get at 30.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who do you think is a better CB right now? Rogers or Webb?

I'd go with Rogers.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Webb would be an interesting player for the 49ers but I don't know when you factor in the price/contract. This is not enough to form a complete opinion on him but here are some things from PFF:

From mid-November: Baltimore Lardarius Webb (+6.4) has clearly been the Ravens best CB this season, allowing 58.6% of passes in his coverage to be caught. He has two interceptions and five passes broken up, all of this leading to opposing quarterbacks having a QB Rating of 69.1 when targeting Webb. He’s also our third rated corner against the run with 14 defensive stops. Cary Williams (-8.0) has a better percentage of passes completed against him to Webb (50%) but he is allowing 14.4 per catch and has surrendered four touchdowns so far this year. When quarterbacks target Williams they have a QB rating of 95.2.

From December 10th: This week they’ll be trying to make plays against a Ravens cornerback group that includes PFF’s third-highest-graded corner this year in Lardarius Webb (+13.5). Not only has Webb not allowed a touchdown all year, he’s also getting his hands on passes thrown into his coverage with four interceptions to go along with his nine pass breakups.

From January 11th: You don’t need me to tell you that Charles Woodson is a stud, but one IDP star from the regular season who should not be played this week is Lardarius Webb. Over the past five weeks Webb has averaged only 2 solo tackles a game and only been targeted 2.8 times a game. In the 12 weeks prior to that Webb had been targeted 6.8 times per game and recorded 4.5 tackles a game. It’s simply a case of the tape catching up with him as he’s been excellent all year (+14.4) ranking 4th among CBs, so opposing teams have stopped testing him and moved onto throwing at rookie Jimmy Smith instead. If he is to score big, his fantasy points will come from making an interception…

From February 24th:

2) Lardarius Webb

Age as of September 1st, 2012: 26

2011 Grade: +14.4

Key Stat: Didn’t allow a single TD all season.

Behind the Numbers: Lardarius Webb tore his ACL at the end of his rookie season in 2009, and, though he was back in the lineup to begin the 2010 season, it was only in 2011 that we really saw the play he was capable of. Webb had our second-highest coverage grade of the season last year (beating Grimes by 0.1), intercepting five passes and getting his hands in to break up another 11. Opposing quarterbacks had a rating of just 55.6 when throwing at his coverage, and at 26 he is only entering his prime. This is why he makes this list, despite being a restricted free agent, because the upside is good enough that some teams might take a run at him and try and pry him from the Ravens’ grasp, even at the cost of a first round pick.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forget wallace, i would sign webb in a heartbeat for a 1st

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Clyde on this one...Webb for our 30 pick? Really? If I'm Baalke, I back up the Brinks truck to Webb's porch at 12:01 tomorrow.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sign Webb up. Lock him up. Our 30th pick for him? I would do it in a heart beat. But I am also not a GM for a reason...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb did some returns too did he not? Grab a stud CB/returner would be nice.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
relax people... Webb is up and coming but he's no Revis! lol....

shutdown corners usually go in the top 10 unless u get a lucky diamond in the rough.

webb is easily in the patrick surtain, rasean mathis category who both went in the 2nd