• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La Canfora's sources: Ryan leaning towards starting Greg McElroy vs. Jacksonville

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Rex Ryan leaning toward starting Greg McElroy Sunday - CBSSports.com

Slow news night on here so I'll throw this out there. I really like McElroy, but the situation he could be thrown into seems like a really ugly one. Their remaining schedule is interesting, though, because it's not INCREDIBLY difficult despite 3 of 4 being on the road: @ JAC, @ TEN, vs. SD, @ BUF

I read the headline and my first thought was "who the hell cares about Rex Ryan and the Jets?" Then I read your "open" and thought it was rather funny.

I agree, the Jets are just a mess and this so-called "opportunity' could prove to be anything but.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read the headline and my first thought was "who the hell cares about Rex Ryan and the Jets?" Then I read your "open" and thought it was rather funny.

I agree, the Jets are just a mess and this so-called "opportunity' could prove to be anything but.

I was trying to imagine the discussions that would go on if they won their remaining 4 games and somehow snuck into the playoffs at 9-7. Not likely at all, though.

They're 2 games behind the Steelers (7-5) for the final spot and don't have the tiebreaker against them due to the Steelers 27-10 week 2 win versus them.

Steelers final 4 - vs. SD, @ DAL, vs. CIN, vs. CLE

Cincinnati, who is also 7-5 this season, plays Dallas this week in Cincinnati, @ PHI, @ Pittsburgh, vs. Baltimore. That's a very difficult remaining schedule.

Buffalo and Miami are also 5-7, but right now the Jets sit ahead of them in the standings.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McElroy as well. I wish him the best and will be pulling for him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to imagine the discussions that would go on if they won their remaining 4 games and somehow snuck into the playoffs at 9-7. Not likely at all, though.

They're 2 games behind the Steelers (7-5) for the final spot and don't have the tiebreaker against them due to the Steelers 27-10 week 2 win versus them.

Cincinnati, who is also 7-5 this season, plays Dallas this week in Cincinnati, @ PHI, @ Pittsburgh, vs. Baltimore. That's a very difficult remaining schedule.

Buffalo and Miami are also 5-7, but right now the Jets sit ahead of them in the standings.

Yeah, I'm predicting the Jets are not going to make the playoffs - I was impressed with the Steelers Roethlisberger-less win over Baltimore. Cincy needed that to be a loss.

As for the Jets QB, I have to believe it's open competition at the QB position on the Jets.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I'm predicting the Jets are not going to make the playoffs - I was impressed with the Steelers Roethlisberger-less win over Baltimore. Cincy needed that to be a loss.

As for the Jets QB, I have to believe it's open competition at the QB position on the Jets.

I didn't get to see very much of that game, but I have a general statement - Mike Tomlin is a fantastic head coach with a pretty decent staff. Seems like a perfect fit for that organization.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see very much of that game, but I have a general statement - Mike Tomlin is a fantastic head coach with a pretty decent staff. Seems like a perfect fit for that organization.

Ditto!

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you got 3 QB you got no QB

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does this mean they should not have put Revis on IR in case he is needed for the SuperBowl

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Rex Ryan leaning toward starting Greg McElroy Sunday - CBSSports.com

Slow news night on here so I'll throw this out there. I really like McElroy, but the situation he could be thrown into seems like a really ugly one. Their remaining schedule is interesting, though, because it's not INCREDIBLY difficult despite 3 of 4 being on the road: @ JAC, @ TEN, vs. SD, @ BUF

I can't believe he's still on the team after what he said about the team and some of its players in the interview last year. 3rd string QBs on injured reserve usually don't survive comments like that

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe he's still on the team after what he said about the team and some of its players in the interview last year. 3rd string QBs on injured reserve usually don't survive comments like that

well the jets started the year with sanchez and tebow their 1 and 2 at qb...

theyre obviously not very bright

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ryan announced that Sanchez will start this week.