• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

L.James released

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Talking heads were surprised that the Rams took Pead over James. Looks like they both busted.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins - Bust
LMJ - Bust
Looney - #1 reserve OL? Not bad for a 4th rounder
Fleming - Is he still around?
TJE - GREAT UDFA, but not NEARLY enough to salvage the class

Have the Niners EVER had a worse draft?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins - Bust
LMJ - Bust

That is an interesting question. You would have to go back aways. It is definately ranked up there though

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AJ Jenkins - Bust
LMJ - Bust

obviously, the exact players we drafted didn't pan out, but at the time I felt the thinking was ok? based on the 2011 season, clearly we were a defensive team. so when the 2012 draft rolled around, looking for dynamic, offensive players made sense. we drafted two guys who would expand the offense.

was it Need vice BPA? NOW it is easy to argue it was Need.

btw - recall at that time, WR was a 'want' on this board.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously, the exact players we drafted didn't pan out, but at the time I felt the thinking was ok? based on the 2011 season, clearly we were a defensive team. so when the 2012 draft rolled around, looking for dynamic, offensive players made sense. we drafted two guys who would expand the offense.

was it Need vice BPA? NOW it is easy to argue it was Need.

btw - recall at that time, WR was a 'want' on this board.

I do not follow football nearly as much as you guys on this board. I am a "baseball guy". But I seem to remember that AJJ was a reach even on the WR boards, wasn't he? Same deal with LMJ.

Regardless, I understand the faults of 20/20 hindsight. The FO does not get much grief for "over-drafting" Aldon or Reed nowadays, do they? Or trading up to get some QB in the 2nd who was graded pre-draft as a 4th rounder.

That said, results are results. If they are going to get huge props for an epically great 2011 draft, they should be equally scolded for an epically bad 2012 draft.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing that this may have something to do with Lattimore getting healthy. Can anyone actually confirm that with a source?

I think this has more to do with James being flat-out TERRIBLE and completely useless on this team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do not follow football nearly as much as you guys on this board. I am a "baseball guy". But I seem to remember that AJJ was a reach even on the WR boards, wasn't he? Same deal with LMJ.

Regardless, I understand the faults of 20/20 hindsight. The FO does not get much grief for "over-drafting" Aldon or Reed nowadays, do they? Or trading up to get some QB in the 2nd who was graded pre-draft as a 4th rounder.

That said, results are results. If they are going to get huge props for an epically great 2011 draft, they should be equally scolded for an epically bad 2012 draft.

yes, no doubt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I keep hearing that this may have something to do with Lattimore getting healthy. Can anyone actually confirm that with a source?

I think this has more to do with James being flat-out TERRIBLE and completely useless on this team.

clearly this is huge opinion but you have to wonder if Lattimore will have it, even if 'healthy'? you have to wonder if he'll ever get back to HEALTHY, considering the extent of his injuries?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins - Bust
LMJ - Bust

You got me thinking on this one. Yes, 2012 is among the worst drafts but 1995, 1997, and 2002 were just as bad. Looking at the those drafts, no one drafted those years amounted to anything in the NFL

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think your explanation is probably the accurate one

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me thinking on this one. Yes, 2012 is among the worst drafts but 1995, 1997, and 2002 were just as bad. Looking at the those drafts, no one drafted those years amounted to anything in the NFL

2002 produced Heitman, a long-time starter. While Looney and TJE may end up amounting to more than that, at this point, I would rate 2002 higher than 2012.

1995 was a bare-bones draft. We traded our 2, 3 and 5 away. I do not see what we got, but at quick glance, was that to move up to get - gulp - Stokes? If that is the case, than, OK, 1995 was worse. No idea if we got any UDFAs that year, though. SO if TJE counts as part of 2012, maybe further research should be done on 1995 to be fair. Side note... Let's NEVER draft a WR names JJ ever again.

1997 was also a bare-bones draft. We only had picks in the first 3 rounds. I think we would need to at least see what those trades were all about. Drunk was a bust, granted, and Edwards was a bloop single, at best. But I think it safe to say Clark, in the third round was a good pick. Compared to 2011, I think I would have to (at this point) rate it slightly higher, although, the ceilings for Looney and TJE will likely overtake Clarks time as an elite blocking TE.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2002 produced Heitman, a long-time starter. While Looney and TJE may end up amounting to more than that, at this point, I would rate 2002 higher than 2012.

1995 was a bare-bones draft. We traded our 2, 3 and 5 away. I do not see what we got, but at quick glance, was that to move up to get - gulp - Stokes? If that is the case, than, OK, 1995 was worse. No idea if we got any UDFAs that year, though. SO if TJE counts as part of 2012, maybe further research should be done on 1995 to be fair. Side note... Let's NEVER draft a WR names JJ ever again.

1997 was also a bare-bones draft. We only had picks in the first 3 rounds. I think we would need to at least see what those trades were all about. Drunk was a bust, granted, and Edwards was a bloop single, at best. But I think it safe to say Clark, in the third round was a good pick. Compared to 2011, I think I would have to (at this point) rate it slightly higher, although, the ceilings for Looney and TJE will likely overtake Clarks time as an elite blocking TE.

You looked at it more than I did. I just took a quick look at the names. I have not been by the Giants board lately, so I will comment here, isnt Joe Panik something? I am just amazed watching this kid with the bat.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You looked at it more than I did. I just took a quick look at the names. I have not been by the Giants board lately, so I will comment here, isnt Joe Panik something? I am just amazed watching this kid with the bat.

I dont want to derail this this thread (any more than I already have) by turning it into a baseball thread, but yes, he is fun to watch.

Come over to the Giants board. We have a thread started yesterday talking about his ROY chances (not very good, btw).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to derail this this thread (any more than I already have) by turning it into a baseball thread, but yes, he is fun to watch.

Come over to the Giants board. We have a thread started yesterday talking about his ROY chances (not very good, btw).

Ok

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2012 draft for the 9ers was a bust as Looney is the only one on this team and the only one left playing on a roster that I know of. We have to back when the 9ers have had other GMs and HCs to find another bad draft. I find that a comforting fact.

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might of been the one leaking all that fake information to the media. Its time, hes just not part of the niners future.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins - Bust
LMJ - Bust