• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Long- on Twitter

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Long is quickly becoming one of my favorite Bears.
https://twitter.com/Ky1eLong

@NextGenBoas: have coaches put any emphasis at all on the rivalry with GB? As fans, we expect all Bears to HATE them!"
Kyle's Response: emphasize every game!

Chicago Joe ‏@stevedore4
@Ky1eLong @NextGenBoas I'll take 17-2 and Super Bowls every year if it means losing both games to Green Bay
^^^ This guy get's it!!

Carolyn Long ‏@CarolynMLong 2h
@Ky1eLong @NextGenBoas Rivalry should never be confused with hate-- deep down, we have mutual respect. I speak the truth as a HUGE Bears fan
^^^ Carolyn get's it too!

Kyle Long @Ky1eLong · May 29
I've decided to buy the clippers I'm moving them to lake forest so I can dunk on Blake griffin everyday after practice and jay can cross CP
^^^ some Jay Cutler "athlete" love.

Kyle Long @Ky1eLong · May 28
“@RaferWeigel: Andrew Shaw just leveled Erin Andrews boyfriend.”

Kyle Long @Ky1eLong · May 27
Iron sharpens iron... Duking it out with the best everyday. Blessed to play for the Bears Instagram

I'm loving this. Great follow if you're on twitter. Go Bears!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone? I guess I got blocked by the best of em. Anyway- Kyle Long is cool. Excited to what he and the rest of the offense can do in the second year of this scheme. Go Bears!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh… what did he say that anyone would disagree with?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh… what did he say that anyone would disagree with?
Nothing. When the fan asked about "hating" the packers... I liked what Long said.
That's why I like him...just pointing out a player who I like. Add that to the story about the kid who was bullied on the bus and Kyle Offered to ride the bus with him. And then went to Chuck-E Cheese and played some games with him and his family. Just a cool great Pro. I like it when these guys show their personality and it's very cool and down to earth and they get they can do some good things. Instead of these guys who show off piles of cash and guns or poor behavior. That's all- it's nice to see good guys.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I am offended. Green Bay is not just any other team. This is bullshit. Kyle Long can think whatever he wants, but if he thinks it's all just some amorphous equivalency, then he is an asshole in my book.

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee Kyle. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.

I have buddies who are Packer fans. But even they wouldn't say something as stupid as these twitter feeds. Kyle Long needs to shut the fuck up.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I am so annoyed right now I can't even capture it. You are such assholes. Yeah, I get it wins and losses, it's all the same. THEN WHY EVEN HAVE A FUCKING RIVALRY. If you don't care....truly don't care at all..if you lose to the Packers instead of...say...the Panthers....then you are just a total fucking asshole in my book. Total. Fucking. Asshole.

I think Rodgers is a great QB. That doesn't mean I don't want to beat him then....say...Ponder, or Bradford, or RG3. I do want to beat him worse. I want the Bears to get their wins against the Packers first, and everyone else second, and I sure as hell don't want to act like I don't care. Even when I understand why we lose to Green Bay, I still fucking care. What asshole wouldn't? Jesus fucking Christ.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so annoyed right now I can't even capture it. You are such assholes. Yeah, I get it wins and losses, it's all the same. THEN WHY EVEN HAVE A FUCKING RIVALRY. If you don't care....truly don't care at all..if you lose to the Packers instead of...say...the Panthers....then you are just a total fucking asshole in my book. Total. Fucking. Asshole.

I think Rodgers is a great QB. That doesn't mean I don't want to beat him then....say...Ponder, or Bradford, or RG3. I do want to beat him worse. I want the Bears to get their wins against the Packers first, and everyone else second, and I sure as hell don't want to act like I don't care. Even when I understand why we lose to Green Bay, I still fucking care. What asshole wouldn't? Jesus fucking Christ.

My kid is a greenbay packer fan... What exactly do you want me to do....

Kind of puts things in perspective.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am offended. Green Bay is not just any other team. This is bullshit. Kyle Long can think whatever he wants, but if he thinks it's all just some amorphous equivalency, then he is an asshole in my book.

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee Kyle. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.

I have buddies who are Packer fans. But even they wouldn't say something as stupid as these twitter feeds. Kyle Long needs to shut the fuck up.

Jesus mange...up yer fucking meds.

I want W's period. Of course I want it even more against GB, but would you rather go 14-2 and win the superbowl, with the 2 losses being against GB, or 2-14, with the 2 wins against GB?

Either way, Kyle Long is a fucking stud, and a shining example a what a star athlete can be. You on the other hand are nothing, and your ranting and raving means NOTHING.

I come to this page every day in hopes that today will be the day it turns the corner, and is not the biggest joke on the SportsHoopla, and every day I am disappointed.

Fucking embarrassing.

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, sorry, my turn for an alcohol fueled rant.

That being said, no, I don't agree with Kyle at all. Does this make him an asshole, no, so I should not have said that. But at the risk of pointing out the obvious, he should have noticed by now that it's not just another team as far as the fanbase is concerned.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said, no, I don't agree with Kyle at all. Does this make him an asshole, no, so I should not have said that. But at the risk of pointing out the obvious, he should have noticed by now that it's not just another team as far as the fanbase is concerned.

:suds:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok Cubzzz. Here's a hypo. for you... Let's say that you are a top Pick in the Draft... YOU have been a life long Bears fan... (and feel the way you do)... And you're drafted by the... Packers... As a pro athlete who will then sign a large contract with that team. Do you automatically start to hate the Bears, because the fans in Blaze Orange want you to?

C

cubzzzfanincali

No, of course not. Players can have whatever private feelings they want, I don't care. But publicly, your hypothetical draft pick (which no doubt has happened) just shouldn't say anything, or say some PC-friendly thing like "yeah it's a great rivalry, I'm going to try really hard to beat them." I'd go with nothing.

I get it that players don't feel the same as fans. That's fine, I could care less what their private feelings are. But it's an athletic sport, and sporting event rivalries are a big deal for fans, it's a big part of the entertainment. As entertainers, they should be savvy to that.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, of course not. Players can have whatever private feelings they want, I don't care. But publicly, your hypothetical draft pick (which no doubt has happened) just shouldn't say anything, or say some PC-friendly thing like "yeah it's a great rivalry, I'm going to try really hard to beat them." I'd go with nothing.

I get it that players don't feel the same as fans. That's fine, I could care less what their private feelings are. But it's an athletic sport, and sporting event rivalries are a big deal for fans, it's a big part of the entertainment. As entertainers, they should be savvy to that.

I can understand what your saying.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it cubz...but look at it this way. You are saying you want him to give MORE of an effort against GB, which is to say, he would be giving LESS of an effort against everyone else.

All he is saying, is that he is giving it his all against every opponent.

Nothing is wrong with that.

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, I hear you. I guess I would like him just not to be saying that publicly. In that way, I'm a petty idiot, stupidly putting purely cosmetic displays above actual football results. Hey, we all have our faults.

Maybe another way of looking at this is that if the Bears could win 2 and only 2 games all season, I'd prefer the wins be over Green Bay. I don't know...maybe 1 against Green Bay and one against San Francisco. All other things being equal, yes, I think I'd prefer it that way. No matter how much any Bears fan wants to say they look at GB games the same as any other team....in reality....I don't know, it just doesn't seem honest. That week comes up, there's just extra juice in the air.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^and that's how it should be and is for me as well...but that is for the fans. The players should be giving their all, in every game.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I hear you. I guess I would like him just not to be saying that publicly. In that way, I'm a petty idiot, stupidly putting purely cosmetic displays above actual football results. Hey, we all have our faults.

Maybe another way of looking at this is that if the Bears could win 2 and only 2 games all season, I'd prefer the wins be over Green Bay. I don't know...maybe 1 against Green Bay and one against San Francisco. All other things being equal, yes, I think I'd prefer it that way. No matter how much any Bears fan wants to say they look at GB games the same as any other team....in reality....I don't know, it just doesn't seem honest. That week comes up, there's just extra juice in the air.

I haven't seen the OP because I have him on ignore.
But it seems You're arguing that GB is just not anther game. Kudos to you CALI.
But It seems players & fans have different perspective, when it comes to these games.
ARod & Jay are good friends. Jay actually showed A-Rods little brother around the Vanderbilt campus.
A piece of shit that as a fan would hope never happens. But shit happens.
As a fan I'd love to see 2 Ws vs GB. Just don't think the players have the same mind set.
There isn't the hatred between the teams there once was.
But the fan base carries on the hatred.:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But It seems players & fans have different perspective, when it comes to these games.
ARod & Jay are good friends. Jay actually showed A-Rods little brother around the Vanderbilt campus.
As a fan I'd love to see 2 Ws vs GB. Just don't think the players have the same mind set.

And honestly, I don't see why that's unreasonable. The fans have been with the teams through it all, the players are only a temporary part of the franchise. So it only makes sense that their memory of the rivalry only extends back to the first day they started, and not all the way back to the Ditka/Gregg or Hallas/Lombardi days. For the fans, there are a lot of people who saw shit happen from both sides, so it only makes sense that there's still hostility between the two groups.

I don't hate the Packers like someone your age might, because honestly… my football watching only dates back to the 90's. Aside from beating us soundly, they haven't given me a reason to "hate" them. It's frustrating as hell some years, but I never dislike someone for doing their job well. It's just silly, IMO.

I don't like GB, but I'd rather root for them than the modern day Lions, or the Vikings of the late 90's/00's. Honestly, the Pack have had some likable guys over the years. I liked Driver, Woodson, etc… when they won that super bowl. It broke my heart they took us out on our turf in the NFC title game, but at least they were a classy bunch.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he can't see this, cause he keeps repeating that he's got me on ignore, but don't you think it's time to stop the hate? I mean that didn't work for the Nazi's or Westboro Baptist church, or the Taliban. You can want to beat the packers, sure. I do. Just think it's funny with all the hate speech.
Who freakin cares that he showed Rodgers little brother the Vanderbilt campus? Honestly how does that change anything?