• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kruger Signs 2 yr, $1.325 mil per Deal

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaves just enough cap room for Brandon Pirri and Ben Smith. Smart!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! Add Ben Smith to what's showing here and I think you have your opening night roster. Although, Danault could be a darkhorse to unseat someone, but I'd expect him to at least START the season in Rockford.

http://www.capgeek.com/blackhawks/

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is huge for the PK. You dont know how happy the real hawks fans are that the Bowmans learned from blowing up the 2010 team. I think being the "prototype" for hockey teams taught them some lessons. There are still kids that can produce in the minors, and hopefully the cap will get to 70 million by the time Toews and Kane reup, (even though I expect Hossa to retire before his deal is up) to keep this team intact.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is huge for the PK. You dont know how happy the real hawks fans are that the Bowmans learned from blowing up the 2010 team. I think being the "prototype" for hockey teams taught them some lessons. There are still kids that can produce in the minors, and hopefully the cap will get to 70 million by the time Toews and Kane reup, (even though I expect Hossa to retire before his deal is up) to keep this team intact.

I disagree that the Bowmans "learned" anything from the 2010 blowup, maybe I misinterpret what was meant

The reason Stan got the job was because everyone in the front office (except a couple names) knew the team was going to be ripped up after 2010 by July 1st 2009 and pieces were on track to disappear long before then because of significant overpayment on other extensions prior to the Barker and Versteeg mess. Barker was moved for the sake of 2011 and Bowman didn't "go for broke" using the rest of his cap space in 10' just for one crack at the cup. He knew what was coming. Anyway, my point is that I think Stan understands the cap era and did before he took over.

I like the Kruger extension. If he gets bumped by the end of next year by one of the other rookies, he'll be a young and cost effective depth player and the Hawks should be able to land a return similar or a little better than what they got for Frolik if it comes to that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got the sense after 2010 that they made far too many moves, almost making it look like they can build another team. Brouwer, Burrish, Buff, Campbell, Dowell, Fraser, Kopecky, Madden, Skille, Versteeg was half the active roster. Now Campbell was not worth his deal, and there were under achievers there, but to not try to resign any of those guys made it seem like they were arrogant that they could build it again, with their players. Kopecky had great chemistry with Hossa, Big Buff was big in the playoffs, and I understand none of those guys are superstars, it just seemed like too big of an adjustment for the team. So only losing a few make it seem like they are ahead.

But even though this year its awesome we only lost a few, I think they are actually closer with the kids than we were in 2011 and we just have the bus ride replacements and maybe Smith or Pirri making the team. I liked Hayes around the net and thought between Hayes and Beach you had a replacement for Bickell. I dont think they need to get any more vets here, other than for practice and once a week games. We have Stanton and Olsen that should be able to take the #7 d man slot, and I really hope we would have seen more from Hayes and Beach to be the next big forward to make it thru the system or Morin just performs and forces the hawks to move a vet. Morin is being less "pretty" with his dekes and moves and just going forward, which is what he lacked for his nhl game.