• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe...no, you didn't just say that!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe: Taurasi, Delle Donne, Moore are NBA-ready

I never played college BB, just had a poor attitude about playing C my senior year after playing the 2 & 3 spots as a 10th/11th grader...but was a pretty decent HS player...6'3" 200+

I was 24 or 25 and I remember playing pickup with some of the Ole Miss girls just to make up a 4 on 4 team once...I was dominating their starting post player who was my size.

Granted, I know these WNBA players Kobe is talking about are better than the talent I played against back then and maybe they could hang for a week or two, but no these gals could play an 82 game season in the NBA.

Is Kobe nuts? or am I nuts?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is without a doubt nuts...but everyone who knows Kobe knew he's always been nuts. Ask Shaq.

He wants to be loved in the WNBA community...the difference between a G-leaguer and a WNBA player is huge but a NBA player, the gap widens even more.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe just trying to show how "woke" he is

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t Taurasi almost 40?

I will say if there is a woman that reminded me of how Kobe played it was Taurasi.
But yeah, no woman could ever legitimately compete in the NBA.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is without a doubt nuts...but everyone who knows Kobe knew he's always been nuts. Ask Shaq.

He wants to be loved in the WNBA community...the difference between a G-leaguer and a WNBA player is huge but a NBA player, the gap widens even more.
G-league? There’s a huge gap between most HS varsity teams and the WNBA. That sounds super misogynistic in today’s world but genetics is genetics and they don’t care about people’s feelings.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never played college BB, just had a poor attitude about playing C my senior year after playing the 2 & 3 spots as a 10th/11th grader...but was a pretty decent HS player...6'3" 200+

Similar issue for me in HS. Went to 2 summer camps, but could tell from both that I was the tallest on the team at 6'3 and would be stuck at C. I wasn't that good anyway; could shoot, but not much of a handle (and certainly no post game, lol). Couldn't dunk in a game (white man can't jump).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was 24 or 25 and I remember playing pickup with some of the Ole Miss girls just to make up a 4 on 4 team once...I was dominating their starting post player who was my size.

Granted, I know these WNBA players Kobe is talking about are better than the talent I played against back then and maybe they could hang for a week or two, but no these gals could play an 82 game season in the NBA.

Kobe is being gracious.

Prime Taurasi could have played the Steve Kerr role on the Bulls though.

Stand in the corner and shoot.

All would get mauled by NBA players defensively.

Regular guys on the street?

How exactly would you stop Brittany Grinner at the rim without flagrant fouling her?

Unless you got that Nate Robinson bounce, 6'3 is not stopping 6'9 at the rim.

The elite female players would destroy a regular Dude.

By elite, I mean the ladies he mentioned Swoopes, Cooper, Miller, Leslie, Holdsclaw, Bird etc.

But, they couldn't beat the average NBA guy, unless it's strictly a shooting contest.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant has unhealthy / unpopular views towards women? Shocker. :eek:
His daughter plays basketball.

He is always at the games with her and works with the players during the Summer.

So, this shouldnt surprise anyone.

Guy is a megalomaniac and Kobe has no Sons.

So, he's probably laying the foundation for his kid to be the first.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar issue for me in HS. Went to 2 summer camps, but could tell from both that I was the tallest on the team at 6'3 and would be stuck at C. I wasn't that good anyway; could shoot, but not much of a handle (and certainly no post game, lol). Couldn't dunk in a game (white man can't jump).

Not to toot my horn here, but I was a decent HS BB player...back then (late 70s) HS was 10-12. I was the only 10th grader to make and actually play on the varsity team. 11th grade I was a starter, 2nd team all-city, and Memphis had some pretty good ballers. They were younger than me, but a few guys I played against made it to the league. Vincent Askew, Keith Lee, William Bedford, Penny Hardaway...all these guys went on to play at Memphis St and the NBA.

But...12th grade year, our team sucked. We had a 6'5" guy that basically had two left feet and a 6'6" guy that could dunk and little else so the coach told me I was his best option at C and I didn't handle it well at all....most of the DIV I interest I was getting in 11th grade dried up. I got a couple of small schools offering me a full ride, but I wasn't that interested in playing anymore and went to the local community college while I was figuring out the next step.

That said, I'm not suggesting I could handle WNBA players now and maybe not even then...hell, I'm a couple yrs shy of 60 now...lol.

I don't think any of them could play a full season in the NBA...Kobe is just blowing smoke...literally.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to toot my horn here, but I was a decent HS BB player...back then (late 70s) HS was 10-12. I was the only 10th grader to make and actually play on the varsity team. 11th grade I was a starter, 2nd team all-city, and Memphis had some pretty good ballers. They were younger than me, but a few guys I played against made it to the league. Vincent Askew, Keith Lee, William Bedford, Penny Hardaway...all these guys went on to play at Memphis St and the NBA.

But...12th grade year, our team sucked. We had a 6'5" guy that basically had two left feet and a 6'6" guy that could dunk and little else so the coach told me I was his best option at C and I didn't handle it well at all....most of the DIV I interest I was getting in 11th grade dried up. I got a couple of small schools offering me a full ride, but I wasn't that interested in playing anymore and went to the local community college while I was figuring out the next step.

That said, I'm not suggesting I could handle WNBA players now and maybe not even then...hell, I'm a couple yrs shy of 60 now...lol.

I don't think any of them could play a full season in the NBA...Kobe is just blowing smoke...literally.
Umm, if you were in HS in the late '70's you didn't play Penny Hardaway who was born in '71; unless you were beating up on an 8 year old.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is being gracious.

Prime Taurasi could have played the Steve Kerr role on the Bulls though.

Stand in the corner and shoot.

All would get mauled by NBA players defensively.

Regular guys on the street?

How exactly would you stop Brittany Grinner at the rim without flagrant fouling her?

Unless you got that Nate Robinson bounce, 6'3 is not stopping 6'9 at the rim.

The elite female players would destroy a regular Dude.

By elite, I mean the ladies he mentioned Swoopes, Cooper, Miller, Leslie, Holdsclaw, Bird etc.

But, they couldn't beat the average NBA guy, unless it's strictly a shooting contest.

That is kind of the point though. She couldn’t play the Steve Kerr role well because she would be an extreme liability defensively.

I am not sure what level a WNBA stud could play with the men and be a legit asset, but I know it isn’t professional and it might not even be D1 college.

When I was in school, I used to help coach the women’s club team at UVA. They were really good. They won their league every year and played a bunch of D3 teams in state. And they won about 70% of those games against the D3 teams.

Well, one day we did a favor and scrimmaged a friend’s very average JV boys team. He thought getting beat by girls would humble some of his kids who needed it. They smacked us by about 50. Now, there is a humongous gap between our D3 level talent club team and the WNBA. But the difference in strength and size is just too much to overcome.

Yes, elite women destroy regular guys for sure. But they can’t compete with elite men.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both of you are nuts. :-)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is kind of the point though. She couldn’t play the Steve Kerr role well because she would be an extreme liability defensively.

How would that make her different from Steve Kerr?

Besides, she could play on any D'Antoni team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would that make her different from Steve Kerr?

Besides, she could play on any D'Antoni team.

Steve Kerr was a liability. Not nearly to the degree Diana Taurasi would be.

Guys like Steve Kerr, JJ Reddick, etc. are actually really high level athletes. They just don’t appear to be competing against the physical freaks they see every night.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t Taurasi almost 40?

I will say if there is a woman that reminded me of how Kobe played it was Taurasi.
But yeah, no woman could ever legitimately compete in the NBA.
i dunno. about half the NBA teams are complete shit. they might be able to find a spot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, if you were in HS in the late '70's you didn't play Penny Hardaway who was born in '71; unless you were beating up on an 8 year old.
LOL...good pick up.

I graduated in '80...we played East High twice....I was thinking Hardaway was a 9th grader when we played them. But I assure you he was older than 8 y/o...FWIW there was no beating up...East High spanked us.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...good pick up.

I graduated in '80...we played East High twice....I was thinking Hardaway was a 9th grader when we played them. But I assure you he was older than 8 y/o...FWIW there was no beating up...East High spanked us.
He would have still been 8 and likely in 3rd grade. I don't care how good your are, a 3rd grader wasn't playing on the HS squad.