• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks' Raymond Felton arrested

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Knicks point guard Raymond Felton was arrested early Tuesday on three counts of criminal possession of a weapon, according to a New York Police Department spokesman.

[+] Enlarge Liam Kyle/NBAE/Getty ImagesKnicks point guard Raymond Felton faces three counts of criminal possession of a weapon.

Felton was charged with second- and third-degree criminal possession of a firearm, which are felonies, and fourth-degree possession of a firearm, a misdemeanor, the spokesman said.
The charges don't stem from Felton brandishing the firearm but from possessing a gun he wasn't registered to have, according to the spokesman.
He is expected to appear in criminal court in Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon.
Felton turned himself in at 12:50 a.m. ET and was questioned at the 20th Precinct in the Upper West Side of Manhattan, hours after the Knicks' loss to the Dallas Mavericks, the spokesman said.
Felton, 29, signed a three-year, $10 million contract with the Knicks before the 2012-13 season. He has struggled this season, his ninth in the NBA, shooting 40.3 percent from the field and 29.6 percent from 3-point range while averaging 10.4 points per game. The Knicks offered him in several packages before last Thursday's trade deadline but couldn't complete a deal.
New York City has strict gun possession laws.
In 2009, New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress was sentenced to two years in prison after accepting a plea deal on a firearm charge following an incident in which he suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his thigh when his gun went off in a Manhattan nightclub. He faced a minimum sentence of 3½ years if convicted at trial.

Raymond Felton of New York Knicks arrested on weapons charges - ESPN New York

Guess he's really trying to get away from the shitshow that is the NYK

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the part where he threatened his wife with a gun --- that was what brought the police involved in the first place.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflicting reports.

Articles I've read are that they are separated, and that she decided she didn't like the gun in the house, so she took it to her lawyer, who turned it in to the police. I have read no reports where he threatened her with the gun. Although I'm sure thats out there or a story she'd like told since she is divorcing him. She's also a law student, so she knows he would have been arrested.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflicting reports.

Articles I've read are that they are separated, and that she decided she didn't like the gun in the house, so she took it to her lawyer, who turned it in to the police. I have read no reports where he threatened her with the gun. Although I'm sure thats out there or a story she'd like told since she is divorcing him. She's also a law student, so she knows he would have been arrested.

I've heard going through a nasty divorce. She knew guns weren't registered to Fatty Felton and called the cops...... more than likely out of spite.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard going through a nasty divorce. She knew guns weren't registered to Fatty Felton and called the cops...... more than likely out of spite.

CNN article says she specifically said he did NOT threaten her with a gun. She knew he'd get arrested, so she dimed him out.

Cold, cold world out here fellas. She was only married to him for 19 months? This is starting to look like another gold digger story.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A woman scorned......Dont ever leave anything behind the police may find interesting.