• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Klay Extended

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Marc Stein, he reports Warriors and Klay have agreed to 4 year, max deal extension.

I thought if the deal got done, there would have been some discount given. He was inevitably being retained, but better to not have the distraction throughout the season.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat shocked aswell, not that I don't think Klay is worth it, but Dubs are pretty much locked in with this core of D.Lee/Bogut/AI#9/Klay/Steph now. Not that its a bad thing, but we don't have much room to bring in another Above average allstar, unless its via a trade.

Stein is a pretty solid reporter, he isn't a Vessey, so I don't imagine his sources would lie to him, but I hope Klay left something on the able, so the Dubs have some wiggle room. Maybe he would back load it for us so there's more room after the Cap raises in a few years perhaps?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat shocked aswell, not that I don't think Klay is worth it, but Dubs are pretty much locked in with this core of D.Lee/Bogut/AI#9/Klay/Steph now. Not that its a bad thing, but we don't have much room to bring in another Above average allstar, unless its via a trade.

Stein is a pretty solid reporter, he isn't a Vessey, so I don't imagine his sources would lie to him, but I hope Klay left something on the able, so the Dubs have some wiggle room. Maybe he would back load it for us so there's more room after the Cap raises in a few years perhaps?

MT2 and Rusty Simmons both reporting as well. All guaranteed, no incentives.

Lacob has taken care of his guys. One more guy they need to lock up is Draymond Green. He's the next that needs to get paid.

We have a core that's locked in for multiple years. I figure we have about a 3-4 year window to try to compete at the highest level.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salary cap is projected to increase by 15-25 million dollars in 2016-2017 when the new TV deal is inked with ESPN/TNT. This contract might turn out to be very reasonable in that context.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful that Klay can become in time and soon a much more aggressive player and not a run to a spot and pop kind of player. Reggie Miller comes to mind as a pure shooter and one the best all time but also a very aggressive, assertive, confident and cocky guy. Klay could be something like Reggie.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful that Klay can become in time and soon a much more aggressive player and not a run to a spot and pop kind of player. Reggie Miller comes to mind as a pure shooter and one the best all time but also a very aggressive, assertive, confident and cocky guy. Klay could be something like Reggie.

I already feel Klay is a better defender than Reggie. Klay hasn't hit his prime yet, but because of his built and background, I think he already is a pitbull. Reggie was never able to guard 1-3, effectively. Game was different back then with hand checking, but in today's NBA, Klay is a top 5 two-way SG period.

Reggie was a pure, no doubt, but would you ever bet against Klay when he is rolling?

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salary cap is projected to increase by 15-25 million dollars in 2016-2017 when the new TV deal is inked with ESPN/TNT. This contract might turn out to be very reasonable in that context.

I was thinking a same when I first saw the report. Also, David Lee's contract will be over at the end of 15-16 season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking a same when I first saw the report. Also, David Lee's contract will be over at the end of 15-16 season.

I don't look for Lee to be re-signed.

Also, Thompson's contract was really high, as were others done recently. Ricky Rubio making $14 million per year, 4 year extension? It's more than Curry makes. But, if Rubio is worth $14M per year, then, yes, Klay is worth $17.5M.

There is apparently much more money in the NBA for salaries than here was just 2 years ago. I've been reading or hearing recently that the NBA is sliding in behind the NFL but in front of baseball as America's #2 sport. These new extension amounts seem to support that statement.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't look for Lee to be re-signed.

Also, Thompson's contract was really high, as were others done recently. Ricky Rubio making $14 million per year, 4 year extension? It's more than Curry makes. But, if Rubio is worth $14M per year, then, yes, Klay is worth $17.5M.

There is apparently much more money in the NBA for salaries than here was just 2 years ago. I've been reading or hearing recently that the NBA is sliding in behind the NFL but in front of baseball as America's #2 sport. These new extension amounts seem to support that statement.

I don't expect the Warriors will re-sign Lee, maybe at $5mil. But we will have the $17mil from Lee plus the $15-20mil from the salary cap. We will be fine with Klay's contract.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect the Warriors will re-sign Lee, maybe at $5mil. But we will have the $17mil from Lee plus the $15-20mil from the salary cap. We will be fine with Klay's contract.

And the first 3 games show he's worth every nickel. Still a lot of season left but it's pretty plain to see he's ready to take it up a notch.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated to pass on Love but the Wolves were asking too much. This looks like a real solid team that has a real solid bench now. These guys will be a tough out for anyone.