• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings trade

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Bernier has a career .912 SV% in 62 NHL games. Scrivens has a career .910 SV% in 32 NHL games.
- Not that I have anything against Bernier, but he lost his starting job at Spengler Cup to Devan Dubnyk

And I doubt Dubnyk will ever be a full-time NHL No. 1 goalie in the NHL - Well, maybe if he stays in Edmonton :)

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D

nice that the Leafs set the price for goalies nice and high, too :yahoo:

I don't think this was a high price at all. Lombardi had said at one point a year ago he wanted a 1st round pick & a good prospect. He didn't get it. Frattin is a 3rd liner with speed. Scrivens is a career backup goalie & the Leafs decide which year the Kings get a 2nd round pick. I don't think the Leafs gave up much at all for a potential #1 goalie. Especially considering there were some Isles fans willing to give up the 15th pick & Nino for Bernier. I'm very happy that didn't happen.

Bernier is worth more than Luongo anyway because of the contract situation. I wonder who everybody's next target will be? My guess is Miller or Halak.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bernier was given an offer sheet he would have returned a 2 nd round pick. Anything more is gravy.

Now I just have to believe that

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
Money back to LA in Bernier deal around $500K.

With that savings, Lombardi will sign Rob Scuderi.

Sooo...the Kings top nine forwards are Kopitar, Brown, Justin Williams, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Tyler Toffoli, Frattin, Jarret Stoll and Trevor Lewis.

Toffoli/Frattin is better than Dustin Penner/Dwight King in LW2/LW3. By better I mean: faster and more snipery.

Snipery is not a word.

The result will be more goals. The Kings need more goals.

And no room for Dustin Penner. This makes me sad. I get it. But it makes me sad. He was a playoff hero for us, and a major cog in the Kings 2012 Cup Machine. Plus he’s hilarious and his playoff beard and transitional moustache were phenomenal.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that savings, Lombardi will sign Rob Scuderi.

Sooo...the Kings top nine forwards are Kopitar, Brown, Justin Williams, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Tyler Toffoli, Frattin, Jarret Stoll and Trevor Lewis.

Toffoli/Frattin is better than Dustin Penner/Dwight King in LW2/LW3. By better I mean: faster and more snipery.

Snipery is not a word.

The result will be more goals. The Kings need more goals.

And no room for Dustin Penner. This makes me sad. I get it. But it makes me sad. He was a playoff hero for us, and a major cog in the Kings 2012 Cup Machine. Plus he’s hilarious and his playoff beard and transitional moustache were phenomenal.

Yeah, but he kept trying to eat Jonathan (Bis)quick.