• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings offense is MIA

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Brown IMO needs to start stepping up, a lot of Hockey to be played & if we are going to avg 2.46 goals a game we are in trouble. We need to wake the fuck up ASAP!!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Brown IMO needs to start stepping up, a lot of Hockey to be played & if we are going to avg 2.46 goals a game we are in trouble. We need to wake the fuck up ASAP!!

Dustin Brown has been asleep since January 2013.

I'm disappointed, I thought after that show he put on from Feb 2012 to the Cup finish that was a sign he found another gear and realized what kind of player he could be but that's not the case. He's a highly overpaid fourth liner and it's looking more and more that stretch was an anomaly and nothing else.

Hits are nice and all, as well as being the face of the franchise, but his salary doesn't justify just those few things.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Brown has been asleep since January 2013.

I'm disappointed, I thought after that show he put on from Feb 2012 to the Cup finish that was a sign he found another gear and realized what kind of player he could be but that's not the case. He's a highly overpaid fourth liner.

Hits are nice and all, as well as being the face of the franchise, but his salary doesn't justify just those few things.

:agree: IMO he hasn't been the same since the 2012 playoffs. Didn't he also receive a contract extension last season ?? :L

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: IMO he hasn't been the same since the 2012 playoffs. Didn't he also receive a contract extension last season ?? :L

That's the stretch I was referring to, he was stagnant for about 3 years prior to that which led to the rumors he was going to be traded. Dude is complacent and it took something drastic like that to light a fire under his butt and he went on a tear.

Didn't he get a hat trick the night of the deadline against the Hawks after he wasn't traded, and get one shortly thereafter? Nothing like the reality of uprooting your family and saying goodbye to a place you've made your home and established yourself in to get going.

And yes, he received a 8 year/$47 million extension on July 18, 2013 for a $5.875 million cap hit. He is in the final year of his 6 year/$19.05 million deal ($3.175 million cap hit) and his new contract kicks in starting 2014-15.

I'm not a fan of dumping players after they've signed deals like that (the Flyers with both Richards and Carter and Dumbo himself moving Visnovsky 2 days before his 5 year/$28 million deal for Stoll and Greene) but if there ever was a candidate simply for reasons that he won't live up to the contract this is it.

Carter, Richards, Stoll and Greene have been huge for the Kings and were important in the Cup run so maybe Brown can be flipped for something the Kings need - someone who can put the puck in the net.

I don't have emotional attachments to players, keep the hits (which are down too) as well as the face of the franchise - I want someone who has that drive to always be better, is consistent and will do what is necessary for this team to win.

Brown is not that guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True their team scoring is about 20th but their defense is number one
Brown needs Kopitar and Williams.
I think by the trade deadline something will be done either by trade to get a true sniper or cutting some dead weight and bringing in youth.
I am not worried yet but something has to give.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
True their team scoring is about 20th but their defense is number one
Brown needs Kopitar and Williams.
I think by the trade deadline something will be done either by trade to get a true sniper or cutting some dead weight and bringing in youth.
I am not worried yet but something has to give.

We have the snipers, just not the execution. Carter and Kopi strike fear in opponents.