• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings extend Sutter

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's in-between what Mclellan ($3M) and Babcock ($6) make. Also note, on his option year, even if Sutter doesn't coach he will get paid some portion of the contract.

Also worthy of noting:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is being shopped for sure this summer, even as we speak I am assuming because the draft is coming up pretty soon. Dumbo has to be creative in moving him and I am almost certain there will be some retained salary, more dead money on the books because of Richards and (most likely) Brown.

He had minor wrist surgery last week, and it's not supposed to hinder him come fall. I don't think that was the reason he had yet again a very subpar season so let's keep that excuse out of the Brown argument - there is nothing to defend the guy's poor play the last 5 years anymore, he simply is not an effective player and makes too much money.

Martinez surgery, Brown “minor procedure,” Nolan advances in rehab

Martinez having shoulder surgery is huge, the defense is already banged up and thin and that should be something to keep an eye on. He should be ready to participate in camp, I just hope there are no set backs because he will be key to the defense next season. I didn't even know about any of this until just now.

To me he has improved and is a better defender than Muzzin has become because he can play RD, which LH shots have a hard time doing because of different assignments and coverage responsibilities. He is a steal at $4 million the next 4-5 years.

I'd move Muzzin before moving Martinez but the way things are right now on defense, they need all the NHL caliber defenders they can get.