• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Khl team lokomotiv killed

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In a charter plane crash. Notables pavel demitra, stefan liv, and brad mccrimmon

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhmm... holy shit?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This without a doubt has been the most horrendous of season in the history of hockey.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we might have lost a Shark too. :(

Sharks prospect on roster of team in plane crash tragedy

Posted by Mark Emmons on September 7th, 2011 at 8:41 am | Categorized as Hockey, NHL, Sharks, Sports, Uncategorized

By now you’ve probably heard about the unfolding tragedy in Russia. A plane carrying a KHL hockey team crashed into a river bank while taking off, killing at least 43 people.

And this sad story may have touched the Sharks. Daniil Sobchenko, a 20-year-old forward who was drafted in the sixth round by the Sharks in June, is listed on the team roster. The Sharks do not know yet if he was on the plane.

Sobchenko, a forward who had two points in 16 games last season for the Lokomotiv team, was the 166th overall pick of the draft.

News reports, as expected, are conflicting. There were several former NHL players on the Lokomotiv roster and the team was coached by Brad McCrimmon.

I’ll post updates as I learn more.

UPDATE: There are Internet reports that Sobchenko was on the plane, but the Sharks still have not heard anything.

Here’s more information on Sobchecko. He’s listed as a 6-foot-2, 192-pound center from Kiev, Ukraine. He played for Russia in the most recent World Junior Championships, posting seven points (four goals and three assists) in seven games.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
unbelievable... What a terrible tragedy!

I cant believe all those soviet-era planes are still in the air. it seems that every week a tupalev or some other soviet plane crashes. I wouldn't go on one of those no matter what.

What a horrible tragedy. Really rocks the hockey world. Jeez...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fuckin sucks. Terrible tragedy. Damn

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A multi-national tragedy.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts and prayers to the families........

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruslan Salei was killed.

KHL club Yaroslavl Lokomotiv wiped out by plane crash (updated) | Edmonton Journal

Coaches: Brad McCrimmon, Igor Korolev, Alexander Karpovtsev, Nikolai Krivonoson, Jorma Valtonen.

Goalies: Stefan Liv, Alexander Vyukhin.

Defence: Pavel Tarkhanov, Karel Rachůnek, Robert Ditrich, Ruslan Salei, Karlis Skrastins, Michail Baladnin, Vitalij Anikeyenko, Marat Kalimulin, Jurij Urichev.

Forwards: Alexander Galimov, Daniil Sobchenko, Jan Marek, Ivan Tkachenko, Alexander Vasiunov, Gennady Churilov, Nikita Klyukin, Alexander Kalyanin, Sergei Ostapchuk, Pavol Demitra, Josef Vašíček, Artyom Jarchuk, Alexander Romanovskyi, Andrej Kiryukhin.

Crew: Andrei Solomentsev (captain), Igor Zhevelov (first officer), Sergei Zhuravlev, Elena Formatova, Nadezhda Maksomova, ? Muzacharov, ? Salin, ? Mayushkin, Alexander Sizov.

UPDATED: Jorma Valtonen not on flight, according to Finnish sources.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just horrible. This has got to be one of the worst offseason for hockey, ever.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
unbelievable... What a terrible tragedy!

I cant believe all those soviet-era planes are still in the air. it seems that every week a tupalev or some other soviet plane crashes. I wouldn't go on one of those no matter what.

What a horrible tragedy. Really rocks the hockey world. Jeez...

If you've ever seen an Aeroflot airliner take off out of sfo you'd see how poorly maintained their aircraft are. US carriers are getting dangerously close with all the short cuts they are takimg with cheap over seas maintenance

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you've ever seen an Aeroflot airliner take off out of sfo you'd see how poorly maintained their aircraft are. US carriers are getting dangerously close with all the short cuts they are takimg with cheap over seas maintenance

yeah, I almost flew them once, but I'm not sure I ever will...

At least the major international flights (to N.America, S. America, Africa, east asia, western europe) are exclusively boeing and airbuses, so at the very least it's safer than thos soviet built aircraft. the maintenance on the boeing and airbuses may be lacking but at least the original construction and parts are of top quality. I'm not sure the same can be said for those soviet planes.

I wonder if this will have a big effect on players playing in Russia, since I presume most of the teams still use those soviet junkers. I wonder if still NHL Level players like mietenen or radulov will rethink playing in Russia.

By the way, Korky (the real one) played for Yaroslavl last year, but wasnt on the current roster.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, I almost flew them once, but I'm not sure I ever will...

At least the major international flights (to N.America, S. America, Africa, east asia, western europe) are exclusively boeing and airbuses, so at the very least it's safer than thos soviet built aircraft. the maintenance on the boeing and airbuses may be lacking but at least the original construction and parts are of top quality. I'm not sure the same can be said for those soviet planes.

I wonder if this will have a big effect on players playing in Russia, since I presume most of the teams still use those soviet junkers. I wonder if still NHL Level players like mietenen or radulov will rethink playing in Russia.

By the way, Korky (the real one) played for Yaroslavl last year, but wasnt on the current roster.

BTW after 7 years of service airbuses become ride at your own risk. They weren't designed for long term use

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruslan Salei was killed.

KHL club Yaroslavl Lokomotiv wiped out by plane crash (updated) | Edmonton Journal

Coaches: Brad McCrimmon, Igor Korolev, Alexander Karpovtsev, Nikolai Krivonoson, Jorma Valtonen.

Goalies: Stefan Liv, Alexander Vyukhin.

Defence: Pavel Tarkhanov, Karel Rachůnek, Robert Ditrich, Ruslan Salei, Karlis Skrastins, Michail Baladnin, Vitalij Anikeyenko, Marat Kalimulin, Jurij Urichev.

Forwards: Alexander Galimov, Daniil Sobchenko, Jan Marek, Ivan Tkachenko, Alexander Vasiunov, Gennady Churilov, Nikita Klyukin, Alexander Kalyanin, Sergei Ostapchuk, Pavol Demitra, Josef Vašíček, Artyom Jarchuk, Alexander Romanovskyi, Andrej Kiryukhin.

Crew: Andrei Solomentsev (captain), Igor Zhevelov (first officer), Sergei Zhuravlev, Elena Formatova, Nadezhda Maksomova, ? Muzacharov, ? Salin, ? Mayushkin, Alexander Sizov.

UPDATED: Jorma Valtonen not on flight, according to Finnish sources.

Salei, Demitra, Skrastins, Rachunek (to a lesser degree). I've watched all of them play. Not that I'm implying the other men don't matter as much, but I feel like I know those four men because I've watched them skate.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this has got to be the worst offseason for any sport ever... terrible news every week it seems....

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

About 10 years ago I took a lesser-known Russian airline from Kiev to Moscow's domestic airport. Holy fuck that was one scary ride - apparently the pilots in Russia and Ukraine are all ex-military pilots. The pilot literally took 5 minutes from initial descent from 30k feet to touching down - think about that.

They land at about 45 degrees and don't give a crap about the passengers' comfort. I was praying to myself for just this once to get landed and get the hell off that airline ASAP.