• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keys to this week's game?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought that running the ball and defending the run were keys to beating SD this past Sunday. We did well on both fronts and advanced. Seems to me that it might be a tougher task this week (stopping Blount, in particular), but I'm inclined to think that those are again the keys this week.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Harris to play and a pass rush without having to blitz alot. Stop Blount and keep the turnovers to 1 or less. Will need over 28 points to win this game in my opnion.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Harris to play and a pass rush without having to blitz alot. Stop Blount and keep the turnovers to 1 or less. Will need over 28 points to win this game in my opnion.

Definitely agree with that. Jammer's poor play was a big reason that SD had a chance to win down the stretch. Hope Harris is ready to go this week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say the keys to this game will be keep the offense balanced like we did yesterday. That wind forced the Broncos to switch up their offense more than I liked but they did prove they can run when they absolutely have to. Receivers have to make the catches they are supposed to. Yesterday's game was not as close as the final score showed as I think the Broncos should have scored about another 14-21 points off drops and just stupid mistakes. Can't have that again. Hopefully they got the jitters out.

On defense just keep playing sound disciplined football. The defense the last 3 games has finally looked like the defense we all had thought they would be at the beginning of the year. Harris being out could be huge but hopefully this is where Champ can step in and be an every down starter for us. Also would rather see Webster or Carter get in for Jammer as they are better with the short speed receivers the Patriots have.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of Blount and Ridley, I don't remember seeing either of them fumbling this past week. Could mean they are overdue, and Denver could be the fortunate recipient:yahoo:

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should not as fans be counting on Harris from everything I am reading.

Here is what to look forward to. Belichick is probably the best defensive schemer ever in that he has no fear of taking away the strength of a teams offense.

In the first meeting Bill took away the threat of DT and ED. He them covered up all the way. So much so that they played in a lot of 6 man fronts. Manning rightfully audibled into many runs. Hence, they rushed for close to 300 yards.

Get ready for that same type of thing. No way does Bill allow the wide outs to beat them.

On the other side of the ball, the Pats are pretty much going back what they used to do in the early 2Ks. Their OL is steam rolling OLs, and they are rushing better than any team in football right now.

That is what we as fans will be dealing with. At least I think.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should not as fans be counting on Harris from everything I am reading.

Here is what to look forward to. Belichick is probably the best defensive schemer ever in that he has no fear of taking away the strength of a teams offense.

In the first meeting Bill took away the threat of DT and ED. He them covered up all the way. So much so that they played in a lot of 6 man fronts. Manning rightfully audibled into many runs. Hence, they rushed for close to 300 yards.

Get ready for that same type of thing. No way does Bill allow the wide outs to beat them.

On the other side of the ball, the Pats are pretty much going back what they used to do in the early 2Ks. Their OL is steam rolling OLs, and they are rushing better than any team in football right now.

That is what we as fans will be dealing with. At least I think.

Not ready to annoint the Patriots the biggest rushing threat in the NFL just on their gameplan against a lousy run defense. That and Ridley and Blount make our RB's look excellent at ball protection. They are seriously fumble prone, and that could work to our advantage, especially if we shut them down as effectively as we did SD's running backs. I'd wager the biggest rushing threat up ahead is Seattle and Lynch. If the football gods are kind, and we get to the SB against Seattle, Lynch could be our toughest running opponent yet.

Funny though how the Denver Post can come to such a conclusion on Harris w/out even hearing MRI results yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also actually the best running team over the final 5 weeks of the season was the San Diego Chargers so essentially the Broncos just shut down the best rushing team in the NFL if we just go by the thought what have you done for me recently.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat:

Manning is undefeated against teams he lost to earlier in the season. He's tossed 13 TD's to only one INT in those games.

Here's hoping that streak continues this week:suds: