• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Johnson-Wake Forest @pick #23?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Kevin Weidl writes that Wake Forest CB Kevin Johnson "has the cleanest pure movement skills of any cornerback in the class."

"He is loose in the hips and shows excellent flexibility in his lower half that provides him with quality mirror capabilities in man coverage," Weidl wrote. "In addition, Johnson displays strong field awareness, recognizing route concepts, and flashes the anticipation skills to manufacture big plays. At 6-foot and 188 pounds, he has a lean frame and needs to continue to add bulk. However, he is willing to step up in run support, and plays with the type of confident edge you like to see at the position." The analyst believes Johnson will appeal the Saints at No. 31. Picking in the same range, New England is sure to have interest.

Source: ESPN Insider

Just curious how you guys would feel about spending the 1st round pick on this kid? Seems like he would make a strong #2 behind Slay.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we need another young corner to pair with Slay for the future. Regardless of Mayhew's future, the Lions will still continue and I'd like our team to still have talent on it.

Don't know much about him other than the info you provided. Will have to take a looksy.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we need another young corner to pair with Slay for the future. Regardless of Mayhew's future, the Lions will still continue and I'd like our team to still have talent on it.

Don't know much about him other than the info you provided. Will have to take a looksy.

He's being predicted by most to go in the late 1st. Looks like the 2nd best CB in this draft class. Size and decent long speed for a guy his size.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the hit he lays at 7:00 mark in that video sitting in zone coverage

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be right in that we go CB in the first round. We are adding DTs in FA and we may even add a G. Until we sign Mathis, that leaves CB as the top hole to fill. Even after signing Mathis, CB is still a position of interest early in the draft, but we would go BPA so it would not be guaranteed. I would like one of the FL St. CBs drop to us though.

My guess as of now is CB in round 1, DT in round 2 or 3. It will more depend on which players fall in the draft. Which actual players will depend on the same. I can see us taking this kid or Rollins in the first because we have rid ourselves of all the troublemakers on this team so we would probably pass on Peters. I can see DT Grady Jarrett in the 3rd round for sure, but he may not last that long. We might need to reach on him in the second. A RB or WR will probably be in the top 3 as well.

As soon as FA is over and we get within a couple weeks of the draft the picture will get clearer.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Steelers representatives spent nearly 15 minutes talking with Johnson’s parents on the sideline, and they also spoke at length with [head coach Dave] Clawson before he addressed the media,” reports Jones.

As expected, Clawson talked glowingly of Johnson on Monday.

“He’s a tall corner who can run. He’s rangy and he can play press. He has the quickest hips of anybody I’ve ever seen,” Clawson said, according to Jones.

He will probably be gone but I would like the addition. I think CB is my only real concern about the defense at this point.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK if the top 5 DTs in the draft are already gone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Curry was from Wake Forrest. Just sayin'

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely looks very quick. I bet Austin could definitely improve his technique, and he would be an immediate impact player from year 1. Also needs to pack on the pounds b/c from what I saw, he couldn't shed blocks very well and if he's gonna attack those RBs, he better get big. Detroit CBs have a desire to get injured for some reason.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Johnson is gone by the time we pick. But Id be happy with him still being there.

If we spend out 1st, 4th and 5th rounders on DTs, Mayhew really should be fired before Day Two of the draft. He never re-signs his DLineman picks anyway.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on which draft magazine Mayhew creates his draft board from.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on which draft magazine Mayhew creates his draft board from.

tumblr_l2d3lhNG0G1qb5guno1_1280.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's being predicted by most to go in the late 1st. Looks like the 2nd best CB in this draft class. Size and decent long speed for a guy his size.

Watch out for Tomlin taking this kid...Steelers had 3 or 4 people at his pro day, met with parents, etc.

I can't say that I know much about this game either...from what I've read, the biggest reason he's slated for late 1st is he's a bit light in the tail for run support...some scouts have said he might be the best technique CB in this draft.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for Tomlin taking this kid...Steelers had 3 or 4 people at his pro day, met with parents, etc.

I can't say that I know much about this game either...from what I've read, the biggest reason he's slated for late 1st is he's a bit light in the tail for run support...some scouts have said he might be the best technique CB in this draft.

That would suck. I'm hoping you all take Arik Armstead instead. That way our Mini-Millen GM won't be inclined to take him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would suck. I'm hoping you all take Arik Armstead instead. That way our Mini-Millen GM won't be inclined to take him.

DL...if all viable CBs are gone, OTs gone, OLBs gone...I can see the Steelers taking a DT, but probably 2nd/3rd round position I'm thinking.

Waynes and Peters are regarded as the most pro ready...they're likely to go within the top 15...if Jalen Collins goes that might put 4 CBs into the 1st round. If it came down to Collins or PIT might go with Johnson if early interest carries any weight.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL...if all viable CBs are gone, OTs gone, OLBs gone...I can see the Steelers taking a DT, but probably 2nd/3rd round position I'm thinking.

Waynes and Peters are regarded as the most pro ready...they're likely to go within the top 15...if Jalen Collins goes that might put 4 CBs into the 1st round. If it came down to Collins or PIT might go with Johnson if early interest carries any weight.

How about you guys take Collins and we will take Johnson? lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you guys take Collins and we will take Johnson? lol

I really would like Peters truth be told, but would be happy with Collins (he's probably going to be a decent off coverage CB...press...idk yet.

Steelers might double dip in the draft...CB (with size) is pretty bare.