• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Gladney dismissed from team

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bring on the Keyshawn Johnson pipeline

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another scholly opens up for this recruiting year.

Might be forcing out the dead weight.

Anyone know if he made the 105?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 9 scholarship receivers to throw to in practice...

In a pro-style scheme, generally you want at least 8. 13 is ideal.

Last edited:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the players are getting the memo yet?

Bo's not here no mo.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get too nit picky, but DPE favorited Stovall's "Wow". Best player on the team and was in the room w/ Gladney... worth a mention that he's shocked as well.

There are only 15 players still on roster from the 2013 recruiting class.

Meanwhile Youngstown State just got themselves a nice little Akron kid.

Dismissed is a strong word to be using. He musta fucked up bad.

Last edited:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stop bein little shits and you'll stay on the team........how bout them apples?

Did Riley have a reputation for just kicking kids off the team over and over again at OSU?

I gotta tell you, I heard a recording of Bo Pelini saying his farewells to his players and it sounds to me like a lot of those kids probably had one hell of a fucking edumucation over the past few years. It's no wonder they're all confused now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I dunno. Frees up a scholarship. Christian Bailey (walk on) looked better than Gladney TBH.

Say whatcha want about Riley being a nice guy and saying all the right things, that dude ain't afraid to snatch a kids future away if he's fucking with his vision for the team.

That's 6 gone and counting since Riley got here. Right around what we expected.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hired a virus back in 2008 to replace a virus. Plain and simple. One virus over took the other, but the new virus came with an immune system booster called "Ndamukong Suh." Just for a little while.

After Suh went away, the virus took off and spread like wild fire. Now, here we are again.......trying to make the sickness go away. Some of these players can't shake it........they're stuck in Bo Pelini times. They remember what they were able to get away with, and it doesn't make sense to them when they can't get away with it anymore.

Bo was bad for this program. He was just......plain......bad. It's a new dawn, and only the players worthy of playing at this prestigious program will be the ones playing. We have a guy who understands what this place is about.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was supposed to be in the other thread........I'm gettin kinda drunk

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hired a virus back in 2008 to replace a virus. Plain and simple. One virus over took the other, but the new virus came with an immune system booster called "Ndamukong Suh." Just for a little while.

After Suh went away, the virus took off and spread like wild fire. Now, here we are again.......trying to make the sickness go away. Some of these players can't shake it........they're stuck in Bo Pelini times. They remember what they were able to get away with, and it doesn't make sense to them when they can't get away with it anymore.

Bo was bad for this program. He was just......plain......bad. It's a new dawn, and only the players worthy of playing at this prestigious program will be the ones playing. We have a guy who understands what this place is about.

Just the negative energy. It permeated through the state. It wore on everybody. Bo told his players "and I was telling Kaz, I said I don't wanna die doin' this job. I'm gonna have a heart attack doing this job". Well Bo, that's because you're not cut out to be a head coach at a major university.

It's hard enough to manage negativity coming at you, but when you're directing just as much if not more negativity outward it's that much harder.

The dude is not head coach material. Not here anyway.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new.

New coach comes in.
Old coaches recruits don't have the relationship and the promises that the coach made to them.
Any misconduct, the new coach has to make an example. Even worse, if you are not a star player, you cannot get away with it, ala Jameis Winston.

Charlie Strong did it at Texas last year. He booted a lot of malcontents, hopefully it doesn't help and Texas is 2-5 after the first seven games this season.

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does it look like we go into the season 3 ships under the limit? Or give 3 walk on seniors who somewhat contribute the ships

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Gregory should have been kicked off the team long before he had a chance to declare for the Draft.

The only reason we know that now is because the idiot went into his test knowing he was going to test positive but just decided to do it anyways and play it down.

My point is, if we had 1 player like Randy getting stoned throughout the season and nothing was done about it, how many other players were acting up? Did it ever really seem like the guys were a team? To me it looked like a bunch of tiny groups of friends who were forced to play together.

I just wonder how much shit Bo let slide. The guy let them chew fucking tobacco in practice for shit sake. I'll bet it would make our stomachs turn over to find out some of the other shit that happened.