• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendall Hunter

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why don't we use him as the return guy?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He returned some Kicks and did well but not punts. I assume it's because there's more pressure/risk trying to field a punt and maybe he didn't do as well with that in practice.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too valuable as the 1st man up when Gore gets hurt... which he will.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What if we had another bruiser back that could also sub Gore? (imagine a guy like Mike Tolbert).

Hunter seems like he could be a good return guy, he doesn't have the top end speed but he's shifty.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound crazy, and I know I will get some shit for it...but if it isn't Ginn back there returning kicks, I would have Kyle Williams. He was a pretty good return guy (in the limited chances he got) up until the championship game. I might be a little more hesitant with punts though. I don't really think that he is a bad return man, just that the moment was too big for him. Depending on what kind of guy he is, he will come back better than ever. I liken it to GSP fighting Matt Hughes for the title the first time. The moment was too big for him and he just gave Hughes his arm for the submission. But that one moment changed him as a fighter forever. Maybe Kyle Williams uses that game as fuel to better himself.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound crazy, and I know I will get some shit for it...but if it isn't Ginn back there returning kicks, I would have Kyle Williams. He was a pretty good return guy (in the limited chances he got) up until the championship game. I might be a little more hesitant with punts though. I don't really think that he is a bad return man, just that the moment was too big for him. Depending on what kind of guy he is, he will come back better than ever. I liken it to GSP fighting Matt Hughes for the title the first time. The moment was too big for him and he just gave Hughes his arm for the submission. But that one moment changed him as a fighter forever. Maybe Kyle Williams uses that game as fuel to better himself.

I would prefer he not do that at all on punts and maybe even KO. I still like the guy as a reciever though and expect him to be a solid one in the future. I might not mind him back there on KO but def not punts, he fumbled a big punt return back at ASU against rival UofA as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What if we had another bruiser back that could also sub Gore? (imagine a guy like Mike Tolbert).

Hunter seems like he could be a good return guy, he doesn't have the top end speed but he's shifty.

if he can fine.

just wanted to say a returner needs to first make good decisions, not all kicks are straightforward. next, he needs to be good at catching it, not all kicks are easy and each 'bobble' loses yards. whether its a HIGH kick, line drive, angled, grounder, or combination thereof, each bobble costs yards.
next, he then has to secure it during the big hits that always occur.

if he's ok in these areas first, then being shifty is certainly good.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm comfortable with Williams back there too. He was doing a pretty good job outside of his two massive mistakes. He was quick, shifty and attacking up field. Like you said, the moment just got too big for him... he was trying too hard to make something happen while also being indecisive. Seely should have probably done a better job of settling him down... but that is all in the past. I think he can do the job if given another chance.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perrish Cox will be the punt returner if Ginn isn't re-signed IMO.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Voice of reason right there - I agree.