• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendall Hunter update

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter still in the hunt
March, 30, 2013
Mar 30
11:37
AM ET
By AJ Mass | ESPN.com

Frank Gore is still the head honcho in the San Francisco 49ers backfield, but one of the two potential heirs to the throne who had been feared to potentially be out of the mix for 2013 is expected to be ready to hit the ground running.

It's been just four months since Kendall Hunter tore his Achilles tendon, but he has already started running again and, barring any setbacks, should be all set to compete with LaMichael James for the No. 2 running back spot.

Hunter got hurt on November 25 in a game against the New Orleans Saints, and on the very same play, wide receiver Kyle Williams hurt his ACL. Williams appears to be on the same recovery arc as Hunter, tweeting this week that he too, has resumed running for the first time since his surgery. He's also on pace to be there when training camp opens.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's why I don't even want to look at a RB anywhere near our first 3 rounds in this year's draft. Not even Lacy! In Hunter I trust!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I don't even want to look at a RB anywhere near our first 3 rounds in this year's draft. Not even Lacy! In Hunter I trust!

I'm with you but Latimore in the 4th or better yet with our comp pick seems like a steal IMO

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm with you but Latimore in the 4th or better yet with our comp pick seems like a steal IMO

I have to say I am shocked at how much & fast Lattimore is progressing. At this point, I think the Niners might have to trade up in the 4th to get him. And doing so could end up being the draft equivalent of trading a 4th for a first rounder in 2014 (if he's anything close to his old self).

He's had injury problems even before that disgusting injury, so the Niners would be perfect for him since they're already loaded at RB. Lattimore wouldn't have to carry the ball very much with Hunter & James on the roster in 2014.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'd go for lattimore, sit him for the year, have him study film, get 100% healthy/strong and then go with him in 2014. I have a bad feeling this is Gore's last year.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'd like to go gilislee in the 3rd. plus lattimore in the 4th for the future since we have so many picks. we need to replace gore very soon.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd go for lattimore, sit him for the year, have him study film, get 100% healthy/strong and then go with him in 2014. I have a bad feeling this is Gore's last year.

I have the same feeling about Gore. If we could "redshirt" Lattimore this year we can let Frank retire next year and potentially not miss a beat.