• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keenan Robinson out for the year again

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as big of a blow as losing a starter. But it does hurt the defense, as he's really the only ILB we had that can say he is strong in coverage. We didn't have a guy like him last year and TEs ate us alive. We don't have him again this year. Offensive coaches are going to try to isolate out linebackers vs. TEs again this year and our defense isn't likely to improve in that area.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as big of a blow as losing a starter. But it does hurt the defense, as he's really the only ILB we had that can say he is strong in coverage. We didn't have a guy like him last year and TEs ate us alive. We don't have him again this year. Offensive coaches are going to try to isolate out linebackers vs. TEs again this year and our defense isn't likely to improve in that area.

Exactly. We really needed to see if Robinson was LBFs replacement. Now, we have to consider either signing a prominent FA next year or drafting and ILB high. Its a shame and I feel for Keenan.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year appears to be stop gap at ILB, unless a guy like Burdette shines through.

I've been concerned about the linebackers (specifically ILB's) for a while.
I made this thread on ESPN(boooooo!) back in may.
Washington Redskins Community Forum - ESPN