• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Karlos Dansby

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dansby who? I know its the thread, but Kickalcious will make more of impact then this guy.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Lions should sign Karlos Dansby to a one or two year deal.

I know he's getting long in the tooth (He'll turn 32 in November this season), but he's had a stellar career, and it seems like the elite LBs can play effectively into their mid 30s.

He's not going to be the game-changing playmaker he was 5 years ago, but he's still playing at a high level. Look at his numbers last year:

Karlos Dansby, LB for the Miami Dolphins at NFL.com

He outperformed any of our LBs by a wide margin in both the running and passing game.

We could plug him in for Durrant from day one and let Whitehead. Lewis and Palmer continue to hone their skills for another year or two.

Dansby would also give us another veteran leader in the locker-room. He's had a long, productive career and was a team captain in both Arizona and Miami- good guy to have around for the young players to learn from.

Thoughts?

IMO TPaul the cost would be to much for the cap since there is only a little over 7.2 mil. left. Maybe someone that would cost less would fit in better being this close to the draft. At 26 Gerald McRath might be had on the cheap but it all depends if he is recovered from injury.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced that all of those kicks are real. It does seem like he has a super strong leg though. As long as he maintain accuracy in game situations I am all for him staying.

I'm pretty sure they are all real, but the question I have is how many takes did it take?

Watch the one when he's kicking to a guy on the boat.....You can see off to the left a football floating.....

The 6 Balls from 50 yards is impressive....And the very last kick knocking the ball out of the air took me a million times to do, I'm guessing it probably took him under a 100....

I can also ride a unicycle and juggle......Who doesn't want to see that.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this being a soccer player and Kicking field goals in H.S......I don't like it takes him 5 steps to kick the 60 yarder......The D can get to that......2 Steps in the NFL is a lifetime.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO TPaul the cost would be to much for the cap since there is only a little over 7.2 mil. left. Maybe someone that would cost less would fit in better being this close to the draft. At 26 Gerald McRath might be had on the cheap but it all depends if he is recovered from injury.

I can't see him costing more than $2 million a year in this market. Most veterans right now are just looking for a job.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We missed the boat here. Take a look at Dansby's numbers last year:

Karlos Dansby, ILB for the Cleveland Browns at NFL.com

He had a simply ridiculous season, across the board. Stand-out totals in tackles, sacks, INTs, defensive TDs, and particularly passes defensed, with 19.

He would have been a perfect fit in the new scheme, but that kind of season priced him well out of our range.

Oh what could have been...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him at $2MM or less for 1 year, mutual option for $2MM for a second season.