• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kamara for Waddle

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s only so far you can realistically look ahead in football. Four years is longer than the span of most careers.

I do it for Lamb. He’s a #1, now. If it’s a #2, I’d target Higgins. The extra 5 inches and 30 pounds lends me to believe in longevity a lot more.
I'd tend to agree..in 4 years Waddle might be a superstar..he could just simply be pretty good..he could also be out of the league.

While Kamara may also be out of the league in a 2-3 (or maybe even sooner), at least we know that right now, he is still a superstar, capable of winning your matchup virtually on his own at any given time. Waddle has exactly one week where he's shown that type of ability.

It comes down to that age old dynasty/keeper question, is your mindset on winning this thing right now, this year? And would a good RB fit that mindset more so than a pretty good WR who may potentially be a stud later? Or do you wanna hope for the best this year and play the long game, and find bandaids at the possible RB hole?

I'll never fault an owner going for the W this year, or anyone who advises them around here by encouraging someone to go for the gold this year, even at the potential cost of 2-3 years down the line. If you're savy enough, those issues can always be addressed in next years draft, either by trading your picks, or finding those young studs in the draft, just like you probably did with Waddle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd tend to agree..in 4 years Waddle might be a superstar..he could just simply be pretty good..he could also be out of the league.

While Kamara may also be out of the league in a 2-3 (or maybe even sooner), at least we know that right now, he is still a superstar, capable of winning your matchup virtually on his own at any given time. Waddle has exactly one week where he's shown that type of ability.

It comes down to that age old dynasty/keeper question, is your mindset on winning this thing right now, this year? And would a good RB fit that mindset more so than a pretty good WR who may potentially be a stud later? Or do you wanna hope for the best this year and play the long game, and find bandaids at the possible RB hole?

I'll never fault an owner going for the W this year, or anyone who advises them around here by encouraging someone to go for the gold this year, even at the potential cost of 2-3 years down the line. If you're savy enough, those issues can always be addressed in next years draft, either by trading your picks, or finding those young studs in the draft, just like you probably did with Waddle.

Kamara isn’t a superstar anymore though.

He has 0 TDs since Hill seems to be the red one option, and through 4 games he has 2 total duds.

The Saints offense is an absolute train wreck and their QB1 doesn’t seem to check down ever. Assuming Jameis gets the job back, Kamara’s value takes another hit.

I view Kamara as a mid range RB2 for the rest of this year.

I think you guys are way overvaluing the name brand here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has 0 TDs since Hill seems to be the red one option, and through 4 games he has 2 total duds.

The Saints offense is an absolute train wreck and their QB1 doesn’t seem to check down ever. Assuming Jameis gets the job back, Kamara’s value takes another hit.

But isn’t that the thing. We are talking value. There is individual owners value, league value and industry value.

Individual owner value is just opinion. And we all have one. And our own biases, whether just or not form our opinions. Whether it is that you prefer running backs over WRs. Or even if size of a player is a true factor.

League value is for your league. If you plays in a league where there are cowboys fans. Then cowboy players values get a big jump.
Also, many league owners follow twitter and are very reactionary towards whatever is in the news currently. Those players will always have their values fluctuate

Even if your value of a player is not in line with industry value that doesn’t mean anyone was more or less correct or wrong.

-rant over.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn’t that the thing. We are talking value. There is individual owners value, league value and industry value.

Individual owner value is just opinion. And we all have one. And our own biases, whether just or not form our opinions. Whether it is that you prefer running backs over WRs. Or even if size of a player is a true factor.

League value is for your league. If you plays in a league where there are cowboys fans. Then cowboy players values get a big jump.
Also, many league owners follow twitter and are very reactionary towards whatever is in the news currently. Those players will always have their values fluctuate

Even if your value of a player is not in line with industry value that doesn’t mean anyone was more or less correct or wrong.

-rant over.

Except my valuation is in line with the industry.

It is the people promoting the Kamara side who aren’t.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's most likely dead on balls accurate.
However, if I'm playing one must win game and I have to choose between Kamara and Waddle to start one, I'm picking Kamara, because he's been there done that numerous times, wheras Waddle did it on my bench one time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except my valuation is in line with the industry.

It is the people promoting the Kamara side who aren’t.

Was a general rant about value. Not you. You are right you are with the industry here. But my point still stands. That just because waddle has more industry value doesn’t mean everyone agrees.

If you want to go deeper into this one. How many people trust Tua??? If you don’t trust him. Then it is hard to trust the Wr 2 on that team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's most likely dead on balls accurate.
However, if I'm playing one must win game and I have to choose between Kamara and Waddle to start one, I'm picking Kamara, because he's been there done that numerous times, wheras Waddle did it on my bench one time.

I get that.

I am way down on Kamara, more than most.

This isn’t about this year.

This year, sure. I take Kamara for that 1 game.

But it is fairly close.

Every other year I take Waddle.

And I don’t think that is close at all.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.

I am way down on Kamara, more than most.

This isn’t about this year.

This year, sure. I take Kamara for that 1 game.

But it is fairly close.

Every other year I take Waddle.

And I don’t think that is close at all.
Certainly won't be next year, I fully expect Kamara to be suspended for at least half the season, likely the entire...maybe indefinitely

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly won't be next year, I fully expect Kamara to be suspended for at least half the season, likely the entire...maybe indefinitely

Exactly.

And then he comes back at age 29 with a lot of mileage? After maybe some jail time?

After already showing some pretty obvious signs of decline in a rudderless offense?

Sorry. But in a keeper/dynasty this is the time to move him. While he still does command some fairly hefty value.

Wait around and you will be left holding the bag. This has a LeVeon Bell like value plummet written all over it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a general rant about value. Not you. You are right you are with the industry here. But my point still stands. That just because waddle has more industry value doesn’t mean everyone agrees.

If you want to go deeper into this one. How many people trust Tua??? If you don’t trust him. Then it is hard to trust the Wr 2 on that team.

I don’t trust Tua.

But I do trust the coaching staff and the play calling.

Teddy Bridgewater made Waddle and Hill look pretty good in week 6.

They are aggressively looking to feature their 2 best players.

I was totally out on both Hill and Waddle this draft season. Having seen it, I am sold.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG. Kamara has WAY more value than Waddle.

Waddle had a huge outlier game against the Ravens. Don’t let one game fool you on what he is.

Kamara has had a disappointing start.

And yet if we blew up every fantasy league in the country right now and redrafted tomorrow, Kamara still goes 3-4 rounds before Waddle does. That’s how fantasy works.

You don’t trade a RB like Kamara in fantasy during the regular season unless the return is ridiculous. Because at the end of the year they are going to put out the rankings and the ADP for the following draft and Kamara will be going late 1st round/early 2nd whereas Waddle will be somewhere down in the 4th or 5th round value.

All you have to do is trade Kamara and try to win games with the RB core you have now to find out why RB’s dominate the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. Hard to fake RB production. Easy to fake WR2 production.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet if we blew up every fantasy league in the country right now and redrafted tomorrow, Kamara still goes 3-4 rounds before Waddle does. That’s
Not in a dynasty/keeper...not at his age and with his legal situation.

Waddle generally gets drafted before Kamara according to startup ADP. (Fantasy Pros startup ADP has Waddle 21st, Kamara 24th)

In a redraft you are correct, but keeper/dynasty, as is the case in this instance, it's much more even.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve tried to trade Kamara multiple times and not much interest. No QB and the looming suspension is killing is value. Plus even though he isn’t the bruiser his life as a RB is probably limited to only a couple more years at most, at least in his late prime. Problem is with the suspension and a shit QB it’s killing his value.

I offered Kamara for Marquise Brown and a 3rd. The owner has Hopkins so I am hoping that will push through the trade

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve tried to trade Kamara multiple times and not much interest. No QB and the looming suspension is killing is value. Plus even though he isn’t the bruiser his life as a RB is probably limited to only a couple more years at most, at least in his late prime. Problem is with the suspension and a shit QB it’s killing his value.

I offered Kamara for Marquise Brown and a 3rd. The owner has Hopkins so I am hoping that will push through the trade

You know Brown is out for the year right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG. Kamara has WAY more value than Waddle.

Waddle had a huge outlier game against the Ravens. Don’t let one game fool you on what he is.

Kamara has had a disappointing start.

And yet if we blew up every fantasy league in the country right now and redrafted tomorrow, Kamara still goes 3-4 rounds before Waddle does. That’s how fantasy works.

You don’t trade a RB like Kamara in fantasy during the regular season unless the return is ridiculous. Because at the end of the year they are going to put out the rankings and the ADP for the following draft and Kamara will be going late 1st round/early 2nd whereas Waddle will be somewhere down in the 4th or 5th round value.

All you have to do is trade Kamara and try to win games with the RB core you have now to find out why RB’s dominate the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. Hard to fake RB production. Easy to fake WR2 production.

Yeah, your take is off here.

Kamara isn’t a top fantasy back anymore, but he still has the name brand and has many people fooled.

Now is the time to deal him in dynasty keeper.

Next season you might not be able to return a 2nd round rookie draft pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Brown is out for the year right?
I'm 0-6 and my team is extremely young. My season is over. I wanted to pull the trigger before the deadline this season bc his value is only going down imo.

Maybe I could have gotten more? I wasn't getting much interest.

The offer was accepted.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case nobody knows, Marquise Brown is the #5 WR and for as overrated as Murray is they have a good connection. Obviously Hopkins coming back that production could drop off but I like Brown's future in Arizona with a new HC.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kamara isn’t a top fantasy back anymore, but he still has the name brand and has many people fooled.

Go look at anyone making a top RB list on who to start right now.

Kamara on everyone's list is a top 10 RB to start week in and week out. That is just a fact. You wont find a single person out there that doesnt have him in there. And it doesnt take a genius to figure out that at the end of the year/heading into next year that everyone is going to be listing Kamara as a top 10 RB.

Conversely you will not have a many people listing Waddle as a top 10 WR start. Not now.....not for the WAY foreseeable future. The WR position has its young stars and Waddle is way down the list. For good reason.....he is a small WR that isnt likely to put up a lot of TD's. Projecting him as a top 10 fantasy WR even 4 years down the road knowing he isnt going to be a big TD scorer is pretty optimistic. And he is going to be a WR2 (or WR1B at best) with Hill on the team.

I am fine with you thinking Waddle is equal to Kamara. But in 99% of the leagues around this country, no owner is going to trade a top 10 RB for a WR not really in a top 10 list yet (and if he is, it is premature). Waddle is a solid fantasy WR. But you are letting one big week against the Ravens when the team was down 20 the entire game alter what he actually is. He is a WR that is going to average about 10-12 ypc. Right now this season he is averaging almost 18 ypc. And he isnt a guy that is going to get a ton of TD's.

This trade reeks of a guy who read an article about who to sell high and who to buy low on. And he found a sell high guy and trying to get a buy low guy for it.

If you are going to cash in Kamara right now, he should be trying to do it for a young RB not a young WR. We all know the major difference at that position year in and year out when it comes to value.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but that name brand is part of his value... when elite names succeed in a week, there value skyrockets more than anyone else, because people believe in it...

point is, i dont think it is crazy to believe that you can get more than Waddle in a trade, dynasty or not... if you dont feel comfortable with waddle, then why not try for bigger... sure it can backfire, and you may not be able to trade Kamara, and that can hurt a lot more if and when he gets suspended...