• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick should fire his agent

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah exactly..... its gonna hurt us when RW signs his deal.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K ap does not know how to finest a pass. So overrated.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new here. It was thoroughly discussed as being a pay-as-you-go contract at the time it was signed.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe kap can talk suh into hitting him hard and low and tear out the knee

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new here. It was thoroughly discussed as being a pay-as-you-go contract at the time it was signed.

Looks like the 49rs made a pretty smart move there... Just encase clause..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we re-visting this now? It was already discussed in depth last year and considered a great move by the 9ers. Many sites changed the grade from a C/D to an A or A+ after they saw the year to year clause.

?????

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we re-visting this now? It was already discussed in depth last year and considered a great move by the 9ers. Many sites changed the grade from a C/D to an A or A+ after they saw the year to year clause.

?????

How many people can recall EVERY discussion from the SportsHoopla boards from a year ago?

Anyone? :noidea:

Harold, I have obviously broken a rule. I think a ban is in order. I'll exit with dignity......

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it make you wonder how much this may have affected kaps attitude or level of involvement in preparation. People tend to be pissed if they feel they have been disrespected and they may keep it to themselves but it still eats at them. That contract is a real embarrassment. Add that to the Harbaugh drama and no wonder the players couldn't put it together this season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think very many players on that team respect or trust Kap. I have noticed it for a couple years now in various situations. TDs where they don't celebrate with him or quickly walk away, him alone on the sideline with his flat bill on, frustration from the coaches when he can't get plays off on time, etc. It's one thing for stuff to happen a few times, but if he doesn't adjust and fix the issues, people are going to lose trust in him and that is what I see. I haven't watched all their games and am a Hawk fan so I have some bias here, but those are some things I noticed.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it make you wonder how much this may have affected kaps attitude or level of involvement in preparation. People tend to be pissed if they feel they have been disrespected and they may keep it to themselves but it still eats at them. That contract is a real embarrassment. Add that to the Harbaugh drama and no wonder the players couldn't put it together this season.

That's Kaepernick's agent and ultimately Kaepernick's fault for signing the contract then, not the 49ers. If anything, he should've been even more motivated to play well so he could hit his incentives.

Obviously Russell has much better character and is far more intelligent, but I hope we can structure a similar kind of contract for him.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. All of a sudden, Kaepernick's deal would only be for two years and worth $25.9 million.

Where do I sign up?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Kaepernick's agent and ultimately Kaepernick's fault for signing the contract then, not the 49ers. If anything, he should've been even more motivated to play well so he could hit his incentives.

Obviously Russell has much better character and is far more intelligent, but I hope we can structure a similar kind of contract for him.

No way. Wilson deserves to be paid like a Top 5 QB (or even higher). I think he'll get at least $20M/year with a ton of guaranteed money. The salary cap will go up next season (and should go up each season for the foreseeable future), so there will be more room to absorb Wilson's new deal.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Wilson deserves to be paid like a Top 5 QB (or even higher). I think he'll get at least $20M/year with a ton of guaranteed money. The salary cap will go up next season (and should go up each season for the foreseeable future), so there will be more room to absorb Wilson's new deal.

I think he is worth at least 30-35 mil per year. :whistle:

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 mil for 15 years, first 300 mil dollar QB. That should get him laid.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think very many players on that team respect or trust Kap. I have noticed it for a couple years now in various situations. TDs where they don't celebrate with him or quickly walk away, him alone on the sideline with his flat bill on, frustration from the coaches when he can't get plays off on time, etc. It's one thing for stuff to happen a few times, but if he doesn't adjust and fix the issues, people are going to lose trust in him and that is what I see. I haven't watched all their games and am a Hawk fan so I have some bias here, but those are some things I noticed.

The locker room was divided with the Alex/Kaep debate. But once Alex was gone no question it was all Kaeps teams. The TD celebration is dumb and not true. They do not do choreographed dances with him, but don't walk away from him either. Him wearing a flat brimed hat is dumb, but that is a cultural and generation thing. Most QBs are busy looking at the print outs of defenses on the sideline like he is..(now if he can only learn to read them right!!). As for getting the play in on time, Alex had the same problem. Which means it's a coaching staff issue. They use a lot of presnap movement which they got away from this year. It has actually resulted in a lot less delay of game penalties or time outs used for play clock issues!! It has also resulted in a lot less offensive success.

Overall it has obviously been a frustrating year for the Niners. Even the wins have been close so there is not much time to celebrate as in previous years. Many things can be blamed for this, injuries, play calling, off field distractions. But Kaeps locker room respect is not one of them. Although he has a brash personality at times, his work ethic is never in question.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The locker room was divided with the Alex/Kaep debate. But once Alex was gone no question it was all Kaeps teams. The TD celebration is dumb and not true. They do not do choreographed dances with him, but don't walk away from him either. Him wearing a flat brimed hat is dumb, but that is a cultural and generation thing. Most QBs are busy looking at the print outs of defenses on the sideline like he is..(now if he can only learn to read them right!!). As for getting the play in on time, Alex had the same problem. Which means it's a coaching staff issue. They use a lot of presnap movement which they got away from this year. It has actually resulted in a lot less delay of game penalties or time outs used for play clock issues!! It has also resulted in a lot less offensive success.

Overall it has obviously been a frustrating year for the Niners. Even the wins have been close so there is not much time to celebrate as in previous years. Many things can be blamed for this, injuries, play calling, off field distractions. But Kaeps locker room respect is not one of them. Although he has a brash personality at times, his work ethic is never in question.

Probably these Blue and Green goggles I have on. I am sure he works hard, but those who were in the Smith camp originally, must see that his hard work is not improving his play and that is where I think they lose trust in him and quite possibly Harbs as well since Kaep is his guy.