• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JVR

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I HATE Briere for his contract, in the playoffs he is useful to have but he should by no way be the highest paid player on the team. That spot shoudl be reserved for a guy who brings it all year not just the playoffs, who isn't a liability in your own zone and provides good veteran leadership(this one I will give Briere hands down).

-He is nearly a ppg player come the playoffs, but where the fuck is that during the regular season?

- Awful maybe a stretch, but my hate is strong for him and he is the one player who I feel disappears the most during games. Some games I'm not even sure if he played.

- I'd be happy with Briere putting up 70 pts if he could cut down on the giveaways in our zone and the retarded ass stick penalties he's been famous for in resent years.

This part is purely to make peoepl think, but what if Nashville offered the Flyers Suter(with an extension) for Briere and a 2nd ? How many of you would not serious jump on that offer? This is not a rumor but I'm curious

Onto JVR...

-The production stat is in place to measure just that the time it takes for players to produce a point. Saying that player A is better then player B with a differnce of 4 seconds in the production stat is ridiculous. The only way to know which of player A & B are better would be to put them into the exact same scenario(which is impossible) and the look at their results. This stat does show us though that Kane being given more toi has been able to amass more point, but has not lowered his production time. If JVR were to be given more toi his production value could go up or it could go down, same as if Kane's toi was increased of decreased. I wouldn't say Kane is better but he did benefit from big minutes early in his career and took to them quickly, JVR was more or less eased into his role so I'm not yet willing to say which player is better.

-JVR played the point at UNH and during his time in the US development leagues. If you've noticed we are not playing a tradionaly shooting PP anymore with 2 dedicated point men, we are now playing the umbrella on the PP. 1 guy up top, 2 guys on the high half boards, 2 guy down low in the slot. This system is actually used by teams with higly skilled forwards who can play interchangable positions in order to draw out the D and create quality scoring chances.

- JVR does need to work on his puck battle skills along the board, he relies on his speed and puck handling far too often, he also needs to shoot more.

- I think the -2 comes form playing with different mates and the fact that the defense had been poreous with Pronger(even though I hate to admit it). Also playing with 1 way Briere doesn't help :)

I think i covered most of the critics there...

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Briere is a Flyer and I love it!!!! He has 13pts in 14 gms so whats the fucking problem he is a FLYER you should embrace him!

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First off I HATE Briere for his contract, in the playoffs he is useful to have but he should by no way be the highest paid player on the team. That spot shoudl be reserved for a guy who brings it all year not just the playoffs, who isn't a liability in your own zone and provides good veteran leadership(this one I will give Briere hands down).

-He is nearly a ppg player come the playoffs, but where the fuck is that during the regular season?

- Awful maybe a stretch, but my hate is strong for him and he is the one player who I feel disappears the most during games. Some games I'm not even sure if he played.

- I'd be happy with Briere putting up 70 pts if he could cut down on the giveaways in our zone and the retarded ass stick penalties he's been famous for in resent years.

This part is purely to make peoepl think, but what if Nashville offered the Flyers Suter(with an extension) for Briere and a 2nd ? How many of you would not serious jump on that offer? This is not a rumor but I'm curious

Onto JVR...

-The production stat is in place to measure just that the time it takes for players to produce a point. Saying that player A is better then player B with a differnce of 4 seconds in the production stat is ridiculous. The only way to know which of player A & B are better would be to put them into the exact same scenario(which is impossible) and the look at their results. This stat does show us though that Kane being given more toi has been able to amass more point, but has not lowered his production time. If JVR were to be given more toi his production value could go up or it could go down, same as if Kane's toi was increased of decreased. I wouldn't say Kane is better but he did benefit from big minutes early in his career and took to them quickly, JVR was more or less eased into his role so I'm not yet willing to say which player is better.

-JVR played the point at UNH and during his time in the US development leagues. If you've noticed we are not playing a tradionaly shooting PP anymore with 2 dedicated point men, we are now playing the umbrella on the PP. 1 guy up top, 2 guys on the high half boards, 2 guy down low in the slot. This system is actually used by teams with higly skilled forwards who can play interchangable positions in order to draw out the D and create quality scoring chances.

- JVR does need to work on his puck battle skills along the board, he relies on his speed and puck handling far too often, he also needs to shoot more.

- I think the -2 comes form playing with different mates and the fact that the defense had been poreous with Pronger(even though I hate to admit it). Also playing with 1 way Briere doesn't help :)

SKEET SKEET SKEET ALL OVER THIS POST!:becky:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Onto JVR...

I can cover all you said very easily Kane > JVR if you think otherwise your way off base.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Onto JVR...

just to get it out of the way, i agree 100% on jvr

briere:
i would mostly likely trade briere and a 2nd for suter.. however, i'd like to see more of schenn first.. as it stands now, the flyers cant take a hit amongst centers.. couturier could be tried in the 2nd line spot, but he wont fill the offensive void briere would leave.. i'd love to add suter though.. the flyers could use a solid shut-down type d-man.. but if he's added, another d-man needs to be moved.. they cant pay 6 d-men 4 mil+, thats just unreasonable..

i think more than a trade, they need the D to start playing better.. almost all of them have room for improvement (except maybe timonen).. mesz needs to play at least closer to the way he did last year so he's more than 'just serviceable'.. carle needs to stop turning the puck over.. he's been good aside from that, but his turnovers are ridiculous.. coburn has been playing much better of late, but he too has had big time turnover problems.. pronger is extremely slow.. and the 6th spot is what is.. i dont think that's been a huge letdown thus far..

if i were pointing out a team deficiency it would be the defense (hence the 'need' for suter), but its because they aren't playing well, not because they dont have the skill...

and if you're so disgruntled about briere 'making his money in the playoffs' i hope you feel the same way about pronger.. cause pronger is close to worthless on defense until the playoffs and he gets paid 4.9 mil

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere is a Flyer and I love it!!!! He has 13pts in 14 gms so whats the fucking problem he is a FLYER you should embrace him!

I should probably explain my Briere hate a bit further. I originally hated his signing for 2 reason, 1. he was being given a huge payday for one good season & 2. The Phantoms had won the Calder trophy 2 years earlier and had some really good players who deserved a shot at maturing. The contract itself was also a major concern 6.5m for 8 seasons with a NMC for one good seasomn just blew my mind.

The second reason I hate him is much more personal, I took my niece to the Flyers Carnival 2 years ago and she wanted to get a Briere signature. So we got in line waited forever behind people taking pictures with him and what not. When we finally got the front of the line she shook his hand got an autograph and when she asked him for a picture he started yelling something in french and someone told me no more pictures. I politely pointed out that others in line had been doing the same thing and that it would only take a minute but was told to move from the table or security would remove me. The whol time my niece is crying and I just wanted to pound that little prick into the ground. AS we were going to leave we see Bernie Parent and he ask what was wrong she told him crying and he got beat red and said I'll be right back. A few minutes later Giroux, JVR and Richards walk over with him and he says I found these guys hanging around and they wanted to know if they could be in a picture with you, her face lit up obviously and a picture was taken. They all apologized for the bad experience and Giroux actually got he a kids sized jersey of his, so no according to her they are getting married.

I know that's a personal issue as I said, but anytime a public figure is rude, especially to a child I find it unacceptable and if that is any judge of his true character I'd prefer he go back to buffalo with the rest of the pre-madonnas .

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if you're so disgruntled about briere 'making his money in the playoffs' i hope you feel the same way about pronger.. cause pronger is close to worthless on defense until the playoffs and he gets paid 4.9 mil

The whole Pronger situation is a much longer rant for a different time. I will give the man some credit, he does make Carle a better player. and is really good at stopping sticks with his face :)

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
offensively, i can honestly say that i'm pleased with every forward on the team.. they've had some lapses in defensive coverage, but as far as production goes, everyone is satisfying my expectations so far

Funny how they play well and we have such high expectations of this team. But honestly, talking anything negative on our forwards is just nitpicking at this point. They have all been solid, no one had played terrible.

They are the only group who has been consistant all season long. Defense has been terrible at times and goalie have been average.

No point in arguing why a young guy isn't putting up huge numbers when that is the least of our worries.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And how can anyone complain about Briere??? Maybe in his first two seasons of his contract when we realized he wasn't the 90 point player he was in Buffalo's system. Now and for the past 2 years he has earned every dollar.

His contract isn't even that big anymore with the inflation of contracts. Yea it was shocking at the time but it is turning into a fair deal now. He went 34-34-68 last year. What more do you want out of a guy. Oh yea, and he is red hot come playoff time, ya know...when it really matters

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract isn't even that big anymore with the inflation of contracts. Yea it was shocking at the time but it is turning into a fair deal now. He went 34-34-68 last year. What more do you want out of a guy. Oh yea, and he is red hot come playoff time, ya know...when it really matters

I think Hartnell will finish the season with more pts then Danny B, then we'll see about your fair value.:ss:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Hartnell will finish the season with more pts then Danny B, then we'll see about your fair value.:ss:

Hartnell is playing with the Giroux and Jagr...they make him better. While I highly doubt he will come any where near Briere's totals, it wouldn't be any embarrassment to Briere who has to play with new line mates every other night.

Whoever plays on Briere's line, Briere will typically be the sole reason that line will produce.

Oh yea, and he is white hot during the playoffs.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so over the playoff excuse... what does he have some magic jerkoff cream he only uses for those 2-3 months?

He's def not the only reason people on his line put up points. Hartnell actually brings the one thing to the line that G and Jagr don't have, good net pressence and a mascocist attitude. I honestly believe that it's time to put read with JVR - Briere and see how that goes, I like Simmonds but he just hasn't been doing it for me lately.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm so over the playoff excuse... what does he have some magic jerkoff cream he only uses for those 2-3 months?

He's def not the only reason people on his line put up points. Hartnell actually brings the one thing to the line that G and Jagr don't have, good net pressence and a mascocist attitude. I honestly believe that it's time to put read with JVR - Briere and see how that goes, I like Simmonds but he just hasn't been doing it for me lately.

I do like the sounds of JvR-Briere-Read

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Pronger situation is a much longer rant for a different time. I will give the man some credit, he does make Carle a better player. and is really good at stopping sticks with his face :)

ha! good man :cool:

sorry about your niece.. thats garbage.. briere loses respect from me as well (even though your niece lucked out big time, i'd much rather have a pic w/ g or richards or jvr, let alone all 3).. and i'll come out and say it.. if she's marrying giroux, i'm jealous.. and i dont care what anyone else thinks

still shitty of briere though.. what a prick.. and yelling it in french makes it much worse

on the ice though, i like having him on the team.. and jvr.briere.read would be an interesting line i think.. runs into the same problem that g/jagr had pre-hartnell though without the big rough and tumble body.. regardless, lava wont change the lines right now.. all 3 are clicking, even talbot is scoring!.. 4th line is solid too from an energy standpoint.. and all this without schenn or nodl, god this team is deep

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think thats a little too bold.. not that i haven't made any myself (i said gust would be better than pronger this year :behindsofa:)

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one havent forgot that Briere has been lights out in the last 2 playoffs.
The guy CARRIED this team when we lost in the cup finals.
Briere will not, nor should he be dealt.

On to JVR
He plays to soft for his frame.
Id like to see him in front of the net on a PP

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we could replace JVR in our banner with Jagr and stick cooter in there somewhere.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as long as this team makes the playoffs no one and I mean no one should give a rats ass what DB does in the reg season. IMO players earn their paycheck in the playoffs no ands ifs or buttttttts!

JVR is still developing he'll get better and hopefully he peaks come playoffs too. Its not like he's completely sucking balls either especially with the mad scientist changing lines every other game.

I just have no idea where Schenn will fit in its worrisome as the lines will get fucked up again....hopefully not. This team is definitely deep.

The D's starting to play better are they good enough to win a cup? Hell ya they're better than two years ago and Bryz is definitely better than Leights if you think not then you're on crack. : )