• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JvR

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea drafts are tough. everybody had tavares first. and hedman second. i think myers might even be better.

Myers was a 2008 guy. But Hedman should have went #1. Tampa got themselves a franchise defenseman because Milbury's stupidity is ever-lingering in the Isles' front office.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think jvr has more skill than kane. i just think kane is quicker. jvr has these bursts of speed when he flys. then he has these times where he looks slow.

Quicker in tight spaces, maybe. But not faster, and definitely doesn't have the acceleration.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JVR will be a beats if 2 things happen.

1. he puts on some weight and gets into scrapping shape

and

2. if they actually give hime some more playing time with 2 other guys who cn put the puck in the net. NO Asham does not now nor will he ever be refered to as a goalscorer.

In actuality JVR is the unfortunate product of having so many talented offensive players on the same team. It cuts his even strength and PP ice down ridiculously. Imagine if he was in the same situation Kane was when he hit the NHL and being given tons of ice time both even and PP his (JVR's) number would have been much better then Kane's were. It's all about how a team brings a player in I'm expected a break out year from him the 2 above things happen I say look out for 30+ goals and 75+ points(cause boy can pass too).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever you have the #2 overall pick, you need to get great value. Will Hall be as goosd as OV? Most likely not but I would expect to be a "special" player. Of course it doesn't always work that way, but he was the 2nd player drafted. Jordan Staal comes to mind. #2 over all in 2006. 49 points in each of the last 2 seasons and as a Selke nominee last year. Jvr should have a higher point production. He was highly touted and some had him as high as Kane. It is still early but I think I have seen the skill that you would expect for someone drafted that high. Maybe not next year, but I can always hope.:cool:

i think homer was one of those.. thats why i dont understand why so many ppl get annoyed that we got the 2nd pick and not the first.. im pretty sure we were gunna take JvR anyway.. i think he even said that during the draft (i dont have a link, but i just feel like i remember that coming from him)

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he's a kid. giroux just had his breakout year. giroux, who is imo more talented than jvr, described how he was just trying to master the basics and figure out what he could and couldn't do the first few years. jvr has the same if not higher learning curve. so i think the jury should wait on this one for another, if not 2 more, years.

having said that, more aggressive play would be welcome. especially in front of the net and along the boards. he should own those areas.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like he's been at the gym quite a bit this summer by the looks of his twitter page.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luca Sbisa put on 10 pounds of muscle this offseason. JvR should be working out with him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Giroux shows him the way of playoff possesion (And plays that way in the regular season) he'll be pretty awesome.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Luca Sbisa put on 10 pounds of muscle this offseason. JvR should be working out with him.

i really loved watching luca play. what poise for a youngster. his biggest knock was his frame and lack of muscle. would dearly love to have him back in the fold.