• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Hollins

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard speculation that Justin Hollins will be given a chance to play both ILB and OLB - maybe move around both positions. If so, he may be a real difference maker in the Fangio defense the offense will not know where to defend him.

What makes this credible to me is that Hollins does not have the natural bend of an OLB - while he is very fast and has a twitchy first step. Also - he did well in coverage at Oregon - so he could be the a guy who can cover RBs and slot receivers coming out of the offense.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard speculation that Justin Hollins will be given a chance to play both ILB and OLB - maybe move around both positions. If so, he may be a real difference maker in the Fangio defense the offense will not know where to defend him.

What makes this credible to me is that Hollins does not have the natural bend of an OLB - while he is very fast and has a twitchy first step. Also - he did well in coverage at Oregon - so he could be the a guy who can cover RBs and slot receivers coming out of the offense.
Can he defend TE’s?:hope:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over Justin Hollins' stats, he is a player that improved statistically each year, culminating as great 2018 season with 13 games played, 6.5 sacks, 14.5 tackles for a loss, 5 forced fumbles ( great stat ), 38 solo tackles and 64 tackles overall ..

6'5" ... 4.5 40 ... 25 bench press reps -- Compare that to Devin White's 15 reps ...

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article about him yesterday, quoting some of the coaches and him as well. It was all about playing him inside and outside. Sounded like it's going well.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is as arookie hard to learn one position let alone two. Sounds like a practice squad player unless he blows up on STs like Joe Jones.

Where do you sit in the classroom meetings? Who do you listen to for advice?

Seems like an uphill battle once TC hits.

Rooting for him

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said that he has been sitting in on both set of meetings.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good reviews early on. Very hard to tell this soon. I don’t see a big role for him early on but he could earn that throughout the course of the season. Could make the team and be one of the in active players early on as he continues develop. Very common for rookies in mid rounds to stay on roster but be part of inactive list unless they stand out on special teams which he could.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good reviews early on. Very hard to tell this soon. I don’t see a big role for him early on but he could earn that throughout the course of the season. Could make the team and be one of the in active players early on as he continues develop. Very common for rookies in mid rounds to stay on roster but be part of inactive list unless they stand out on special teams which he could.

“I’m going to play anywhere they need me,” Hollins said on April 27 after being drafted. “I’m one of those guys who is just going to get in and play where ever I am needed, whether that is special teams, inside, outside — it doesn’t matter. I am here to compete. I am here to play as hard as I can and provide the team with some type of impact.”

Justin Hollins 'off to a good start' as he learns inside, outside linebacker positions