• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Blackmon

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is his value now? Jags seem to think he will be gone at least half of the season if not the whole season.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is his value now? Jags seem to think he will be gone at least half of the season if not the whole season.
I assume you're talking a keeper or dynasty. If so, I'd want to hang onto him if possible. If not, don't worry about him, but keep your ear to the ground and be ready to pounce if it sounds like he'll play the second half

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you're talking a keeper or dynasty. If so, I'd want to hang onto him if possible. If not, don't worry about him, but keep your ear to the ground and be ready to pounce if it sounds like he'll play the second half

Yep. I'm only keeping him in a deep 35-keeper league I'm in. My regular keepers that allow 3-6.....
welp-see-ya-later-o.gif

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took him in the 9th last year and still have him stashed in my keeper league. If he doesn't play all season I don't know if he is worth a roster spot.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to look at last year's draft results but ESPN is down preparing for the 2014 season. I was going to say that Blackmon may still have upside compared to Josh Gordon. Both were suspended 4 games to start 2013.

But Gordon was drafted in the Suicide league 73rd (which puts him in the 6th round). Blackmon was drafted 136th (which makes him an 11th rounder). If my numbers are correct.

Even if he only serves an 8-game suspension, (1) he'd only be available for about 4 regular season fantasy games since the Jags' bye week is 11, and (2) it sounds like the Jags are making plans to move forward without him.

And who could blame them. Two suspensions (three technically since he missed December too) in his last two seasons. And even if he comes back, will he be in "football" shape after being out that long?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to look at last year's draft results but ESPN is down preparing for the 2014 season. I was going to say that Blackmon may still have upside compared to Josh Gordon. Both were suspended 4 games to start 2013.

But Gordon was drafted in the Suicide league 73rd (which puts him in the 6th round). Blackmon was drafted 136th (which makes him an 11th rounder). If my numbers are correct.

Even if he only serves an 8-game suspension, (1) he'd only be available for about 4 regular season fantasy games since the Jags' bye week is 11, and (2) it sounds like the Jags are making plans to move forward without him.

And who could blame them. Two suspensions (three technically since he missed December too) in his last two seasons. And even if he comes back, will he be in "football" shape after being out that long?

I think both parties would benefit from a split