• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

just a small tidbit...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavarras King signed from practice squad. LB Robinson let go. Just a FYI

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move by the Broncos...Decker's contract is up at the end of the year and King showed some promise in the preseason. One of our good players has to get let go at the end of the year and I think this could be a sign that Decker might be the unfortunate one cut.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you all think will be the deciding factors on whether or not Decker does get resigned? Think we could get him back on a 2-3 year deal, or will he demand more? He's put up good numbers the past couple years because he's getting alot of targets, but the drops and fumbles most certainly don't go unnoticed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you all think will be the deciding factors on whether or not Decker does get resigned? Think we could get him back on a 2-3 year deal, or will he demand more? He's put up good numbers the past couple years because he's getting alot of targets, but the drops and fumbles most certainly don't go unnoticed.

Contract will be everything in this situation. If Decker wants to give the hometown discount then I could see him back. If he expects that $6-8 million a year the team will have to think long and hard about that of whether it is worth it or not considering all the other contracts that are coming up. Like I said I think he will price himself out of Denver and keeping King is insurance to help dampen that blow. Peyton has shown that he can turn no name receivers into house hold names so I could see that money going to somebody like Woodyard instead.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see a team like the Redskins putting in a serious bid for Decker. Worse yet, I can easily see the Patriots making a bid for him. Most likely and worst of all, I would be shocked if the Chargers don't make bid for him, given McCoy's familiarity with Deck and the Chargers need at the position. I'd like to see him stay in Denver because Manning isn't going to be around much longer and a solid group of WRs that includes Decker can be a big boost to a new QB.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Denver is in a predicament next yr with cap space, contracts,etc and if Denver does not go all the way, more than likely it will fall on the D for lack of SB. Therefore I agree that some players like Decker will have to go. Don`t get me wrong, I love this D and think they will get even better but I`am just saying somebody has to go before 2014 to make things work and unfortunetly it makes more sense to replace a wr in a highly explosive offense than to release somebody like Woody on the D that should be kept intact and addressed if possible in draft etc. My thoughts are that Denver will go all the way and anybody they release is going to hurt like hell. But it is the inevitable unforunetly

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Denver is in a predicament next yr with cap space, contracts,etc and if Denver does not go all the way, more than likely it will fall on the D for lack of SB. Therefore I agree that some players like Decker will have to go. Don`t get me wrong, I love this D and think they will get even better but I`am just saying somebody has to go before 2014 to make things work and unfortunetly it makes more sense to replace a wr in a highly explosive offense than to release somebody like Woody on the D that should be kept intact and addressed if possible in draft etc. My thoughts are that Denver will go all the way and anybody they release is going to hurt like hell. But it is the inevitable unforunetly

Denver has about $9.5 MM of cap room left over from this season still. It's space we can carry over (again). And don't forget because of Dumervil and other drops, Denver has an abnormal amount of room dedicated to "dead money" that won't be a factor next year.

So while it isn't quite as much carryover as in seasons' past, I wouldn't call it a "predicament" yet. Preliminary numbers for 2014 show we would be between $10 MM and $13 MM under the 2014 cap with the carryover.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it in the idea than in a couple of years the broncos will have about $30 million open up in cap space from champ and Peyton. The FO can organize some of the contracts to be the most against the cap in those years and keep the cap numbers low for the next couple of years

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it in the idea than in a couple of years the broncos will have about $30 million open up in cap space from champ and Peyton. The FO can organize some of the contracts to be the most against the cap in those years and keep the cap numbers low for the next couple of years

Another thing to consider is if we'd still keep all our higher-priced TE's with the emergence of Julius Thomas. Tamme- $3.8MM cap hit 2014, Dreesen- $3.3MM.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would bet tamme is gone as Thomas has taken his role

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting conversation about contracts and the salary cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Tamme and Dreesen shown the door. The Broncos are grooming Gerrel Robinson into a tight end. Apparently, he's put on a bunch of muscle weight and has looked good as a tight end so far. Reports are that the Broncos have him stashed away and he would become the complimentary tight end alongside Julius Thomas. I heard that on talk show radio here in Denver.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting conversation about contracts and the salary cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Tamme and Dreesen shown the door. The Broncos are grooming Gerrel Robinson into a tight end. Apparently, he's put on a bunch of muscle weight and has looked good as a tight end so far. Reports are that the Broncos have him stashed away and he would become the complimentary tight end alongside Julius Thomas. I heard that on talk show radio here in Denver.

Hmnn.. I know he had a couple complimentary bits during preseason so maybe the switch to Te position and the bulk up was a good move. Said he had good hands so.......if he can block and not piss Peyton off to much, then I think they could release Tamme and Driessen. If not, they would prob have to keep Driessen as I think he is the better blocker between the two ( Tamme). That would be nice and mucho cheaper....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big time numbers guy so I am definitely interested to see what the Broncos do Cap wise over the next couple of years. My guess at least when it comes to Decker is if Peyton really wants him on this team then either he will take a pay cut or the Broncos will back load his contract and cut him before the big numbers come up so that he can finish out the last couple of years with Peyton.

The key players to me will be...
Woodyard, DRC, and maybe Robert Ayers (really pulling for this guy). The rest of the guys I think we can fill some spaces with draft picks and maybe cheaper options in Free Agency. I would have included Beadles on the list but he has been the weak link on that OL.