• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Morgan To Redskins

dez

Town Drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deal has been signed. this hurts. Sure he wasnt a #1 but has the surest hands on the team

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nice knowin' ya Josh.

Honestly not a really big loss (although he was out-performing the possibly gimpy Crabby before he got injured).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice knowin' ya Josh.

Honestly not a really big loss (although he was out-performing the possibly gimpy Crabby before he got injured).

Agreed. Crabtree and Morgan are basically the same guy. If Moss pans out, one of them was going to be the third receiver. They can easily replace Morgan; heck they may have already with Kyle Williams.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really like Morgan. Not sure the numbers though. Just heard it was a 5 year deal.

This was just tweeted by La Confora

"Josh Morgan's deal w/WSH is $5.5M to sign, $1.8M base in 12 (fully guaranteed), $3.8M base in 2013, another $900K in bonuses"

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice knowin' ya Josh.

That's kind of like saying, "this lump of shit tastes better than that lump of shit."

Honestly, I feel bad for Morgan. Anybody who signs with the Redskins is kind of a joke. Why would anybody attach themselves to that dysfunctional cart? They haven't been relevant since 1993.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sorry to see Morgan go. I really like him as a guy. Great team player. As a player, I'm torn. I could see him really catching on and doing well. That said, he had a tendency to just disappear for long stretches in games. It's hard to say why as they rarely show a WR when the ball doesn't go to him, but I found it very strange that we targeted him so little this season before the injury, given how successful he was when we did target him.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry to see Morgan go. I really like him as a guy. Great team player. As a player, I'm torn. I could see him really catching on and doing well. That said, he had a tendency to just disappear for long stretches in games. It's hard to say why as they rarely show a WR when the ball doesn't go to him, but I found it very strange that we targeted him so little this season before the injury, given how successful he was when we did target him.

Smith?

Sorry. Don't answer that. We ain't getting Manning. My bad.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Long stretches in games? What does that mean? He caught a pass in the 1st quarter, then not another until the 4th?

For the record, all WR's disappear for stretches of 2, 3 or more quarters. IMO, Morgan's targets were perfectly inline with our offense at both the stage of the season and his role, but I do agree he was successful when targeted.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little disappointed because I've always liked his potential, I could see him developing for them if he stays healthy.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad contract actually. Probably a good deal for the Redskins. Now they have Moss, Garcon, Morgan, Armstrong, Fred Davis, Chris Cooley...not too bad if they get some help on the O-line.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad contract actually. Probably a good deal for the Redskins. Now they have Moss, Garcon, Morgan, Armstrong, Fred Davis, Chris Cooley...not too bad if they get some help on the O-line.

Is Gaffney gone?

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. Crabtree and Morgan are basically the same guy. If Moss pans out, one of them was going to be the third receiver. They can easily replace Morgan; heck they may have already with Kyle Williams.

Kyle, i think he has a better upside than Morgan.....The coaches know that..

Lloyd will be visiting too...Moss, Brandon, Crabs, VD, Gore and Snooki...Loving it

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Long stretches in games? What does that mean? He caught a pass in the 1st quarter, then not another until the 4th?

For the record, all WR's disappear for stretches of 2, 3 or more quarters. IMO, Morgan's targets were perfectly inline with our offense at both the stage of the season and his role, but I do agree he was successful when targeted.

It means we would throw in his direction in the first, and then again in the 4th. It means he was rarely our primary target, even when he should have been earlier this year.

We've had this discussion before, and I'm not really interested in rehashing it. We do see how management values Morgan, though. Clearly not as a starting WR.